my nameless rig. [done]

import

[H]ard|Gawd
well, its the first machine i've built since my 1.0ghz t-bird back somewhere around the turn of the millennium.. iirc.
i spent days researching, reading about what's new, what's good, etc.
when i started looking, i wasn't even sure of what the names of today's processors were. :p

well, 2 weeks and a few grand later... here it is.
ME1Yr_rig002.jpg

TEx2p_rig003.jpg

1DHZZ_rig005.jpg

Gw9Pq_rig007.jpg

specs are:
coolermaster 590. (great case)
q6700 @ 3.0ghz.(10x300) running 1.3v, maxes under 55c.
evga 750i ftw, 2x2gb ocz, evga 9800gx2.
the rest are in the sig.

in the pictures, you'll see the thing next to my tower, that is my digital receiver. i have the little creative speakers going to the speaker out of the receiver. also, the powered sub is connected to the rca out on the receiver. i can't explain to you how nice it sounds.
i use this for music and whatever. i unplug the receiver (usb front panel) and then sound goes through to my razer headphones.
if i am using them, i can turn the volume of my monitor up (hdmi cable) and anyone else can hear the game i am playing (friends love watching me play TF2)

cooling... i couldn't be happier.
i remember when hardly anyone used 120mm fans, and i was very surprised to find that they are pretty much standard today.
i have three 120mm and three 140mm on the case. all are yate loon low speeds.
the front has dual 120mm blue led intakes
the rear has one 120mm exhaust
the top has dual 140mm exhausts
the side has a single 140mm intake onto the vid. card.
inside the tuniq tower is a scythe s-flex.
they all go to a zlaman zm-mfc1 baybus. it works, but fits like crap.
they're all at 100%, and the thing is quieter than my macbook when it's fan is spinning.

hrm... what else.
simply put, i was completely blown away by the performance of this thing. i can max _every_ game i've come across except for crysis... which still runs 1920x1200 at high. i knew it would be powerful, but its surpassed my expectations 10x over.

other items: on top of the case that would be my... pollen.... grinder.

monitor. i love it. i can't tell you you'll love it. it's a monitor. take whatever anyone says with a grain of salt. its 99% exaggerate or the one unhappy customer bitching. its a samsung 2693hm. tn panel, so what? wanna fight about it?
seriously though, its SUPER bright, 0 dead/stuck pixels, speakers are actually pretty decent. i could use them everyday.
i reccomend anyone looking for a 24"+ at least look at this. $550ish, well worth my money.
also, not the lack of backlight bleeding.

keyboard/mouse/headphones.
mouse and kybd are tits. the mouse is the same size/shape as the old school microsoft intelli mice, but has cool rubberish coating. the headphones have some internal wiring issues causing the headphones not to light up blue. im debating sending them back... i worry that the faulty wiring may lead to further issue (out of warranty).

ha, the desk has seen better days.
everything being blue was an odd coincidence... really. now if i could just figure out how to make that alarm clock blue.

Very nice, Great job on the wiring. That case looks sweet, I just wish they came with a windowed side panal.

very nice step up here man. alot more than i can say for mine. my desk always gets covered in random junk. lol

very nice step up here man. alot more than i can say for mine. my desk always gets covered in random junk. lol

haha.

my desk there is like kids during a christmas photo.

looks good, but 30 seconds later it was covered in shit.

Looks good. Nice job on clean wiring.

Nice speakers btw. I had a set of those once and i put 80mm fan grills on the front of them. it was one of my first ghetto mods. lol.

Looks good. Nice job on clean wiring.

Nice speakers btw. I had a set of those once and i put 80mm fan grills on the front of them. it was one of my first ghetto mods. lol.

yeah. i always kicked them around as junk when they were set up the original way...
speakers into sub, then mini jack to the computer...
now, the speakers go to the red/black crimp connectors on the reciever, and the sub uses a single rca cable for its audio, coming from a specific sub output... i think they sound great.
it could sound better, i HAD anthony gallo nucleus micro speakers.. but some drunken party-goer blew one.

How do you like that monitor?

And I really like your desk. (where's it from??)

I like how clean everything is. :D

I think the PSU might be upside down.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't know there was a hole in the bottom for the psu to draw air from. :eek:

yeah but the platform his case is standing is probably blocking the airflow.

How do you like that monitor?

And I really like your desk. (where's it from??)

I like how clean everything is. :D

i LOVE this monitor. really. i've posted in a few other threads about how much i really do like it.

the desk is an old, dinged, chipped, dirty ikea gallant or something like that.

yeah but the platform his case is standing is probably blocking the airflow.

why would that be? its on a nightstand. its a hard surface, and there is about 1/4" - 1/2" of space under the case.

i LOVE this monitor. really. i've posted in a few other threads about how much i really do like it.

Nice... and I keep it in my consideration list. I fell in love with it when I saw it at BB. It's like the perfect size too. :p Monitor is a tough decision lol.

Back