My mouse feet are completely gone

btb103

[H]ard|Gawd
So the mouse feet on my 3-4 year old Logitech MX500 are pretty much gone, and have been for awhile. I've been too lazy to do anything about it - just been putting scotch tape on them (which wears off after a couple days, so there's about 20 layers on the damn things right now). I was going to purchase some Mouse Skatez but shipping is like $6, a huge waste of money. I understand this is just teflon tape, something I can pick up from the hardware store? Is this my best option, or is there something else I could use to solve this problem? I can't stand this crappy mouse movement anymore! Thanks for your help

Wow, do you not use a mousepad or something? Scotch tape should last you muuuuch longer then just a few days. also, how did you wear your feet off? I've seen 10+ year old mice with their feet still in fact. Like I said, I'm guessing you don't use a mouse pad, in which case you *need* too. A cloth mousepad would make that scotch tape last for weeks and weeks.

Also, clean your mouse! Why would you let the old tape just stay on there?

I use a Five Star notebook cover as a mousepad - gives a good surface for cheap but I guess it wears my mouse down pretty bad. And I do clean the mouse frequently - with rubbing alcohol. I assumed that the five star surface would be similar to RatPadz and other similar mousing surfaces.

I don't see the point in buying a new mouse when this one works just fine, in every other way, and has served me well for the time I'v had it, minus the feet issue.

I have an excellent pad yet same problem, need new pads rather than buying new mouse :( Think I put too much pressure on right side cause those are the 1's gone.

pardon my noobness but mice have feet?

Bambi, The link above yours shows the mouse feet well. Do you see the four grayish colored pads on the bottom of that mouse? Those are the "feet" I think the only they are for it to help the mouse move smoother and easier.

just noticed mines are missing. Meh. Guess they werent as important

Only heard great things about Slick Surf's mouse feet. I suppose I'll have to order some since my mx700's feet are in pretty bad shape (desk for mousepad = not good).

Anybody compare slicksurf and everglides feet? I just got some replacement everglide feet for my G5 and it feels the same as when i got it the 1st day! :D

I just got my slicksurfs and I'm not too impressed. The main problem I am having with them is that the edges of the cuts aren't smoothed away so when I use my mouse on my mousepad (which is cloth) the mouse tends to snag and tear away at the mousepad. They seem average at best so far on hard surfaces.

i picked up some teflon tape with an order of other things. it was like 2.99 lasts forever and did 5 mice with one peice. i just tap my mouse and it flys right off my mouse pad. ( i use hard plastic mouse pad ) but ya it is something that should cost 32 cents to ship.

if i had extra i would ship you some for like a buck.

I just got my order from slicksurf in. They delivered my feet to my order's billing address instead of the shipping address. However so far im happy with the product, and Like that I saved 5 dollars over buying them elsewhere.

Back