My Modded Shuttle XPC SN85G4 (PICS!) :D

• Thread starter Deleted member 23757
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23757

Hi guys, glad to see a SFF section here!

I thought I would share my mods with you. SFF's can be modded just a good as the rest! Specs in sig.
I chronicled the changes I made here and here.

SN85G4_MESH_LIGHT2.jpg

SN85G4_MESH_LIGHT.jpg

More pics here!

Looks good. You should mod the ICE cooler with a 120mm fan. Also need to do something about this "eVGA FX 5900SE @ 420/720" heh. Nice job looks very good.

Kingofl337 said:
Looks good. You should mod the ICE cooler with a 120mm fan. Also need to do something about this "eVGA FX 5900SE @ 420/720" heh. Nice job looks very good.

What do I need to do about it?

I don't need a 120mm fan back there. I never see the back of the system anyway and the blowhole provide plenty of cooling :)

Munka said:
damn you man, your making me wahnt to build a SFF system... :mad: lol

Do it! I thought I would miss the extra PCI slots and the "expandibilty" but I don't.

GJ on the mod, you managed to make a G4 case look nice, quite an accomplishment! :p

v1p3r-386- said:
That mesh stuff is cool! Where did you get it? BTW, nice pez dispenser :p

Thanks on the PEZ :D

I got the mesh from Target. Just a cheap $7 Silver mesh garbage can. I cut it up and spary painted it black.

PerfectCr said:
Thanks on the PEZ :D

I got the mesh from Target. Just a cheap $7 Silver mesh garbage can. I cut it up and spary painted it black.

That's nice for a $7 trash can! :p I wish I had the money right now to build a shuttle. :(

v1p3r-386- said:
That's nice for a $7 trash can! :p I wish I had the money right now to build a shuttle. :(

Yeah it worked out real well. I was pleased at how good it looks. The mesh is great cause it helps with cooling and looks different than your average case window. :)

That looks amazing, nice work! Any thoughts/ideas/comments for those that wish to follow your idea?

EDIT: ozzie, you got recent pics of your setup? Your setup is almost always drool-worthy.

Is that trim the little rubber U shaped stuff you can pick up for edge moulding at auto parts stores? I'm gonna run to target and buy a couple trash cans snd try this out. =)

ScHpAnKy said:
That looks amazing, nice work! Any thoughts/ideas/comments for those that wish to follow your idea?

The two links I provied in my first post give a good background into what I did. I think it looks cool and ads a little fun to the XPC's. Originally I had purchased my XPC because I sick of big towers and UV lights and cold cathodes etc. I had convinced myself I no longer going to mod anything. But when I got it I had the itch to mod :D

I orginally had an SB51GB and modded that with a Window and a Blow Hole and when I got the SN85G4 I originally did the blow hole and later added the mesh :)

Pwnisher said:
Is that trim the little rubber U shaped stuff you can pick up for edge moulding at auto parts stores? I'm gonna run to target and buy a couple trash cans snd try this out. =)

Actually it's call "C-Strip" and I bought it from PCmods.com (which is now FrozenPC.com).
C-Strip

I know it says it's for Fans but I used it on the window too. Fits like a glove!

ScHpAnKy said:
EDIT: ozzie, you got recent pics of your setup? Your setup is almost always drool-worthy.

neah, nothing's changed since I've taken the pics that are shown in the SFF gallery on page 1.

Back