My MacBook Vibrates while on charging

maverick786us

2[H]4U
My new MacBook Vibrates when it's connected with the MegSafe charging. Is it something common with all the MacBooks? Just in case this vibration might cause some damage to my MacBook, is there a precautionary measure that I need to take?

Vibrating how? Like an audible noise or is it only something that you can notice while touching the chassis? The former would be a fan, the latter may be an electrical ground loop.

Vibrating how? Like an audible noise or is it only something that you can notice while touching the chassis? The former would be a fan, the latter may be an electrical ground loop.
Yes, while touching the chassis (the edge before the trackpad) I feel the vibration.

is that electrical ground loop dangerous?
It's generally not. Also, "Earth Leakage Current" is what I meant, was posting while tired... Ground Loop is something a bit different.

Excessive leakage current that you can feel while touching metal-cased mains powered stuff can be a sign of issues with electric outlet or panel but unless you're getting painful shocks from metal appliances or the MacBook I wouldn't worry too much.

It's generally not. Also, "Earth Leakage Current" is what I meant, was posting while tired... Ground Loop is something a bit different.

Excessive leakage current that you can feel while touching metal-cased mains powered stuff can be a sign of issues with electric outlet or panel but unless you're getting painful shocks from metal appliances or the MacBook I wouldn't worry too much.

I am least worried about myself getting shocks :cool::cool::cool:

My only concern is in long term it won't permanently damage some part of my MacBook, something similar to speaker problems and dead pixel that happened with my old MacBook Pro 15

My new MacBook Vibrates when it's connected with the MegSafe charging. Is it something common with all the MacBooks? Just in case this vibration might cause some damage to my MacBook, is there a precautionary measure that I need to take?
Hahahahahaha

It's the outlet, it's not really vibrating. Pretty crazy when you first feel it though.

Is it vibrating or you getting shocked? The socket I had my main PC plugged into went bad and caused me to get shocked when ever I touched a metal part of the PC. Including the keyboard. It kind of felt like a vibration toughing my case but was actually electrocuting myself. PC was running with no issues too. It stopped when I replaced the socket.

Is it vibrating or you getting shocked? The socket I had my main PC plugged into went bad and caused me to get shocked when ever I touched a metal part of the PC. Including the keyboard. It kind of felt like a vibration toughing my case but was actually electrocuting myself. PC was running with no issues too. It stopped when I replaced the socket.
I don't feel shock, the vibration isn't visually felt, only when I touch the metal chassis near the trackpad

Back