My Leadtek video card is finally dead..

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
I've used many Leadtek video cards so far and I'm happy to say all were good but one gave me bit of trouble. It was 6800 AGP, came with nice copper heatsink but some reason it ran much hotter than other 6800 AGP cards i have. I think maybe its due to the quite fan, cos heatsink certainly looks decent.

Anyway I had overheating problem with Leadtek 6800 from day1, firstly i couldnt even overclock the card 10% unlike other 6800 cards i have. And the problem was that this Leadtek card overheat even at default speed in my Antec SuperLanboy case(i've put extra fans for good air flow). So i've unclock the GPU on the card to prevent it from overheating, since its on my 2nd machine its still fast enough. I should have done RA from very start, but i didnt want to wait for replacement n it was fast enough underclocked so i just kept it like that.

I've used this card underclocked for over a year n it died few weeks ago.. no post. So i had to buy new card. I took the card back to the retailer for warranty cos they get 2 year warranty from the wholesaler, but they just told me today that they couldnt get the RA done cos the wholesaler has closed down ffs. :( Retailer said he even tried other wholesaler who sells Leadtek but they didnt want to take it cos its not theirs. So basically he told me I have to email Leadtek directly n get their "Authorization" to get the RA done through the new wholesaler. ??

Has anyone had similar problem b4? im not talkin about overheatin at default speed, i'm talkin bout doing RA (when product is still under warranty) but unfortunately the retailer or the wholesaler has closed down..

Anyway i'm gonna write email to Leadtek now, i'll keep u guys informed.

Only advice I have is yes go directly to the manufacturer; in this case Leadtek. This far from the purchase date its going to be your only realistic recourse

After few emails, one nice dude from Leadtek replied back.

I filled in online RA (http://www.leadtek.com/warranty/rma.htm) as instructed so I hope I can get the RA done through local wholesaler soon.

"Please link to our website to get the RMA form, fill it up and submit it to us on line. Also the proof of purchase of the card is needed for processing RMA number."
Luckily i kept the original box, manual, receipt, etc. :)

Chaballaman said:
I've used many Leadtek video cards so far and I'm happy to say all were good but one gave me bit of trouble. It was 6800 AGP, came with nice copper heatsink but some reason it ran much hotter than other 6800 AGP cards i have. I think maybe its due to the quite fan, cos heatsink certainly looks decent.

Anyway I had overheating problem with Leadtek 6800 from day1, firstly i couldnt even overclock the card 10% unlike other 6800 cards i have. And the problem was that this Leadtek card overheat even at default speed in my Antec SuperLanboy case(i've put extra fans for good air flow). So i've unclock the GPU on the card to prevent it from overheating, since its on my 2nd machine its still fast enough. I should have done RA from very start, but i didnt want to wait for replacement n it was fast enough underclocked so i just kept it like that.

I've used this card underclocked for over a year n it died few weeks ago.. no post. So i had to buy new card. I took the card back to the retailer for warranty cos they get 2 year warranty from the wholesaler, but they just told me today that they couldnt get the RA done cos the wholesaler has closed down ffs. :( Retailer said he even tried other wholesaler who sells Leadtek but they didnt want to take it cos its not theirs. So basically he told me I have to email Leadtek directly n get their "Authorization" to get the RA done through the new wholesaler. ??

Has anyone had similar problem b4? im not talkin about overheatin at default speed, i'm talkin bout doing RA (when product is still under warranty) but unfortunately the retailer or the wholesaler has closed down..

Anyway i'm gonna write email to Leadtek now, i'll keep u guys informed.

When you bought the card, did the retailer say that you had a warranty through them (as in, through the retailer themselves) for two years? If they did, it doesn't really matter whether or not the wholesaler will take the card from them because its their problem for saying it--that is, if they did.

Back