My Klipsch 5.1 Ultra amp finally died.

kent

2[H]4U
I got home the other day and no audio. Checked all wires/connections, nothing. Plugged crap speakers in, worked perfect.

$60 repair from Klipsch.

Known issue costs me $60 almost 2 years later. Great

The amp on my 4.1s got crazy a few months after buying it (back in the day, when those speakers were the best thing out). It is a pretty common problem with those klipschs IIRC.

I been looking at the klipsch set but been afraid to buy it, in the end I learned a lot from reading. Be carefull it could just be a blown fuse wich they have info where to get it less than $3 from radio shack
http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/757010.aspx
This guy also had a problem and he has a tutorial on how to fix em.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=975613&page=5&pp=20

If you put in the time and are sucessfull at fixing it I recommend moving a few components get a pair of ultra quiet pc case fans small ones and somehow get them inside the amp and wire it somehow to the circuit to help dicipate the heat. Some guy sells moded klipsch sets and what usually kills them is heat and time. Anyways best of luck man, since you outta warantee anyways I would take a peek in and see if it's the fuse and see if you can save $60 plus 2 way shipping.

Logitech is smart, I gone to theyr forums and ppl had forums the reason you don't see many complains is because they get 2yr warantee, if theyr system goes SNAFU within 2years they get serviced, anytime after 2yrs ppl won't really complain. They also have a more stable AMP, have you seen the huge heat sink in the back? the Creatives S750 suffer from the same problem is all due to bad heat efficiency and that they both use B.A.S.H amps.

The amp on my Pro Media 5.1's (3 years old) had an intermittent problem where all of the satellite channels would cut out and only the sub was functional. If you turned the control pod on/off a couple of times it would work for a little while. Instead of having them fixed I sold them on eBay and I put the proceeds of the sale towards an X-Fi XM (digital coax to DAC), a DAC/AMP (Zhaolu D2C w/ discrete amp), and a pair of high end headphones (AKG K701). Talk about a radical change for the better. ;)

device manager said:
The amp on my Pro Media 5.1's (3 years old) had an intermittent problem where all of the satellite channels would cut out and only the sub was functional. If you turned the control pod on/off a couple of times it would work for a little while. Instead of having them fixed I sold them on eBay and I put the proceeds of the sale towards an X-Fi XM (digital coax to DAC), a DAC/AMP (Zhaolu D2C w/ discrete amp), and a pair of high end headphones (AKG K701). Talk about a radical change for the better. ;)

I'm hoping you specified they were broken and didn't sell a set of non-working speakers as good ones?

device manager said:
I listed them as brand new sealed. Isn't that what most people do on eBay anyhow? :confused: :p

I hope you are kidding. That's a horrible thing to do that gives good ebayers a bad name

device manager said:
Yes, I was kidding about the eBay part.

Oh. okay. Haha sorry but a ripoff like that would've definitely made me angry, i didnt think you were kidding at first

Aeauvian12 said:
Oh. okay. Haha sorry but a ripoff like that would've definitely made me angry, i didnt think you were kidding at first

Unless they put mail insurance on it.

Back