My journey from liquid to vapour

Chips start freaking out past -120C or so.
I my self am working on a waterchiller right now.

And that A64 was dying of high VDIMM voltage.

and M4d-K10wN, you have no idea what you're talking about with this stuff, so just sit back, watch, and learn.

good luck Barreca

Jonsey said:
Lots of people on [H] think phase-change is too extreme or a waste. I hope that attitude will change for the better. In the past I had to go to other forums for phase change info. With this forum maybe the [H] can be a one stop shop for me!
One of these days I'll have to post pics of my pos getto homemade phase changer. Works good, but it's ugly. :D

Makes you wonder. I got flamed by some people here for owning a Koolance which isn´t H enough? And now people say phase change is too [H]??

Anyway couldn´t care less just got my Vapochill XE :eek:

And M4d-K10wN since you aren´t at all interested in phase change what are you doing in here???

Beccara good luck there dude... this is a project i could only hope to take on some day... but... as for now... cash is tight... my dad is a HVAC engenier... and i have access to whatever i need as long as i cover equipment costs.. (compressors arnt cheap... and neather are condensors... but i can get all the gas/welding equip/tools i need to do the rest of it on loan... ) one of the things i always wanted to do was make a system that could cool all of the major hot spots at the same time... cold block for the cpu a seperate one for the north bridge, and one more on the vid card (that might possibilly cover the ram as well) and if there any left over some sort of blow throught (a regular evap out of a small window shaker) to get the hd's and psu... what good is just cooling the cpu any more any way... you need to get the vid card as well as more and more video games are gpu intensive... crank the hell outta that too.

(cool things to do with left over freon)

me and my dad where messing around one day... he had a left over bottel of r44 sitting in the back of his truck... so we took a coffee can and cut a hole big enought to thread a hose into, and hooked the hose up to the canister, turned the canister upside down and stuck 3 cans of coke and a can of beer in the coffee can and turned the placed the coffee can upside down (so the cans of soda/mouth of coffee can where on the concrete) and we cranked the bottel open for about 20 seconeds... dad knocked the (now frozen) coffee can over with a hammer, and the cokes and beer had ice crystals in them :O insta cold drinks... (just dont let osha/epa/greenpeace/fbi/cia/yourmom catch you doing this lol )

also.. if your know what your doing and can control the drops coming out of the bottle, you can use it to freeze off warts... i had one on my finger, my dad let three drops fall on my figer, the wart hasnt shown back up... (this was better that 10 years ago, yes it hurt like hell.. but well worth it (no i dont suggest trying it your self... )

with the bottel upright you can use it to dust out your pc... (with the darn thing off... ya noob) uhhh... in a well ventalated place... keep away from small apendages

have fun

thore

Good luck man, hope you get it working.

I plan on making a water chiller over the summer...but first I need to get together $500 again.

M4d-K10wN, please do not threadcrap. Your statements have basically shown you know nothing about phase-change.

It doesn't take $500 bucks, unless you don't already have the water cooling parts. Just be sure to insulate, insulate, insulate! I burned up a motherboard (due to condensation, I think) last week. Luckily it wasn't the processor.

I'm going to build the setup for the new A64 setup I'm getting toward the end of the year...$500 includes w/c gear and chilling parts too. I'm not going to raid my AXP system and put the w/c stuff in the A64 setup... :D

I'm sure you'll do great DaveX, since you're a XR forum regular. Be sure to posts pics of it here as well!

Back