My Intel 520 SSD shows up as SCSI, why? How do I fix it?

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have put a SSD into my families living room Computer (Asus M2N Sli-Dexluxe Mobo) and installed Windows 10 on it. Everything is working perfectly (actually not true, having a weird problem with my Ethernet drivers but no fixes worked so I bought a Intel Gigabit CT PCI-E Network Adapter and that is working perfectly) but everything else is working perfectly. The SSD is acting exactly how I would expect it to.

However I noticed when I opened the Intel SSD Toolbox that I couldn't run the "Intel SSD Optimizer" and when I run the diagnostic scans it does scan it but it also says "The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD."

Is there any reason to be concerned? Is this something I should fix ASAP or will using the PC for the next year as is be just fine (not being able to run the Optimized and such). Lastly, if I do want to fix it, how do I do that?

Thank you!

That motherboard is old as the pyramids and Windows 10 is wonky on those Nvidia chipset setups. If it works I wouldn't bother with it much.

Normal for a board that ancient. A lot of older HBAs present devices as SCSI ones too. You won't be able to update the firmware or get any SMART data presumably, but it should work just fine otherwise. TRIM probably won't work either, but that's not the end of the world.

Normal for a board that ancient. A lot of older HBAs present devices as SCSI ones too. You won't be able to update the firmware or get any SMART data presumably, but it should work just fine otherwise. TRIM probably won't work either, but that's not the end of the world.

Thanks guys/gals. Would suck to hurt the SSD (not be able to maintain it properly) but the PC is just a simple setup that is only used for email and the internet...so it not being setup perfectly isn't the end of the world to me.

Back