My Home Theater in Bedroom

derik

n00b
Hey all I would like to share my finished home movie room in my bedroom! The project took 9 months to complete, and I have to say it is well worth the wait! You can see it here with all the before and after theater bedroom construction pictures.

Also I wanted to mention that yes I did put it in my bedroom, but I do have the option to take and put the bed in a different room at times. I have rock band parties and sport game parties and I can put the bed in a different room when I need to. But 98% of the time it's my bedroom.

When I have rock band parties I have special lazer light projectors that go with the music, its really cool. I will have to post pics of that next time I have that setup!

Well takes the foul taste away from that other horrible mancave. All that's missing is a fridge, because you have lasers, you should get a smoke machine (Though that might make people trip over the bed) and some sort of personal touch. Maybe a custom canvas piece?

That looks awesome, good job! I know it's a lot of money and labor, but it will pay itself off over the years.

That looks amazing. Wish I had the skills/space/money to do something like that!

Thanks for the comments guys! And yes I have been on a lookout for some painting of some kind I can put in the room, but I really haven't came up with anything yet. Ill continue to keep an eye out for that!

Have to say, were I single I'd do a home theater in the bedroom too.

And love the star projectors. If my wife ever saw those she'd MAKE me buy them...

Thanks for the comments guys! And yes I have been on a lookout for some painting of some kind I can put in the room, but I really haven't came up with anything yet. Ill continue to keep an eye out for that!

i like maps! got middle earth, narnia, US, world, europe, paris, oahu (where i live) in my room and im always looking for more. every time i look at one i learn something new, and they never get old. with posters/art i usually know them pretty well after having them up a few days and then they get boring and i dont look at them any more. just a suggestion. :)

and your room looks great! i am supremely jealous of your setup. once i buy a house i will definitely have a nice (though not as nice as yours) home theater setup in my room, and another one in the mancave. bedroom is for me and my girlie, no one else. :p

70 large and you got a freshwater tank and aren't riunning amps.

Those should be your two next upgrades for certain.

What is the make/model of the remote you are using? I don't recognize it in the dark. A URC?

How in the crap do you spend $8500 on track lighting?

And ditto to Verge. 62 grand and you're running a cheap receiver? Weird.

did you run a separate breaker to the closet that has your racks in it?

and did you install an exhaust fan?

it looks great!

Do you use a cover for the fish tank? That would bother me while watching a movie if not covered.

is that really cheap? its $1000. :eek:

As a percentage of the total HT investment it's incredibly cheap. If I was spending 15 grand or so on an HT setup, I'd probably budget $1250 - $2500 (8 - 17% of total) on a receiver or separates. This guy spent 1.6% on it and then apparently spent 14% on track lighting.

Not really my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Track lighting would add to the resale value of the house, new receiver, not so much.

Track lighting would add to the resale value of the house, new receiver, not so much.

500 bucks maybe? A grand? Buying a 5,000 set of separates and then throwing it in the trash when you move would be a better investment.

Thanks for all the replies!

I am assuming you are single?

Yep I am single and 32 years old. It's crazy when I see everyone's reactions when I introduce them to this room. I've had girls instantly fall in love with me when I showed them this room, it's pathetic lol.

What is the make/model of the remote you are using? I don't recognize it in the dark. A URC?

MY remote model is: URC mx-880z

Do you use a cover for the fish tank? That would bother me while watching a movie if not covered.

Yep, if you watch the first video on the page, it shows me opening and closing it with my remote. Although I keep the fish tank visible when watching stuff, it does not distract me at all and actually makes the experience more enjoyable.

did you run a separate breaker to the closet that has your racks in it? and did you install an exhaust fan?!

Yep, I have good circulation in the room.

I have 4 breakers in my house. one for most of my house, then another one for the second half of my house, and one for the AV rack. And I have another breaker for my 10 person hottub (I'll get some pics of that up later!).

Also if you noticed I have a cool blacklight garage as well. I like to pimp things out a bit as you can see :)

Last edited:
lol

"hey bro, wanna come over and watch a movie in my bedroom?"

Nice job.....but I wouldn't put that much effort into a "Bedroom" theater. I would definately have to use that cash in a dedicated home theater.

I am stuck in my head imagining hopping up into bed, turning a movie on, and letting out a long aahhh as my plush surroundings intoxicate my senses.

Back