My HKC X3 144hz 1ms hi contrast VA panel is in!

Congrats on getting a badass display with excellent colors and contrast. :) I admit, I am tempted to give it a try myself but I have other expenses to take care of first (new graphics card and fixing the bloody car being priorities).

Regarding 3DLUT this is used for getting calibrated colors for games and movies using applications that support them. For movies you need to be using Media Player Classic Home Cinema and have MadVR installed, which is something you should be using anyway if you watch movie rips on your computer. The scalers it has built in are amazing for upscaling 480p and 720p content to 1080, or downscaling bigger resolution videos DSR/VSR style. Anyway, with MadVR getting calibrated colors is the simplest thing in the world. In DisplayCAL select Video For 3DLUT MadVR preset and calibrate. It already has the correct settings, D65, BT1886 and so on. DisplayCAL does detect where you have the MadVR installed and its enabled autimatically too. While watching a movie you can turn it on and off with CTRL-SHIFT-3 button combination. If your monitor has bad default colors the the difference might be shocking, I know it was with my FG2421. :D Oh, and you need to have your ICC profile and gamma settings disabled but DisplayCAL does that automatically too whenever it detects that the MadVR is on.

For games its a bit more complicated process. Famously most games simply override your calibration and reset the LUT and gamma adjustments your colorimeter has done (which is why back then some people said calibration and profiles do not matter for games) but usually the easiest way to get around that is to just use the Borderless Windowed mode and some program to lock the LUT of your graphics card. DisplayCAL should do it on its own and you can bolster that with old Monitor Calibration Wizard program which still surprisingly works. For games that do not have Borderless or if you do not want to use it for reason or another (IE you lose DSR/VSR with borderless modes) you have to use 3DLUT. This is a SweetFX effect which some multiplayer games may or may not detect as a hack so take care.

Anyway first download Reshade Mediator, find your game executable with it and apply a blank profile for it. You may eventually want to experiment with Lumasharpen filters and SMAA antialiasing but for now just do a blank. You know SweetFX/Reshade is working when you start the game and you see a white text on top left corner. Now, open DisplayCAL and select a Video 3DLUT For Reshade and calibrate. You may want to change the Tone Curve from Rec1886 to Gamma 2.2 at the 3DLUT tab but thats up to you. After the calibration is done you have to find the executable folder again and apply. You know its working when you start the game and the text at the top left of the screen reads Color Lookup Table somethingsomething stuff. You can turn the calibration on and off with Home button for comparison.

Now, in case of games DisplayCAL does NOT detect that the reshade is on (or if it did, it has no way of knowing you are using it for calibration) so you have turn of your calibrations manually or you risk getting double calibrated colors (read: everything goes wrong again) for the few rare games that do not override your GPU Lut. Thankfully DisplayCAL has made that easy, just right click the DisplayCAL tray icon on bottom right of your screen and select Reset Video Card Gamma Table. And select Load Calibration when you are done gaming.

Last edited:
Oh, and I have to mention, you do NOT have to measure your screen again for every single game you want to have calibrated with a Reshade. After you have done it once the measurements are saved as a preset. Just select the preset, open the 3DLUT tab, untick the Create 3DLUT After Profiling setting, and press Create 3D LUT button. It will ask something about overwriting, just do so. It will cook a new 3DLUT from the old measurements which you can then apply to a new game.

*edit* Oh, and a third thing. I think this may be a bug but when you do a calibration for MadVR it changes the display you are measuring from your monitor to MadVR (check to Display & Instrument tab) and it sticks even if you change the preset back to something else. After you have done calibrating MadVR you might want to change it back to your monitor. I dont know if not doing so has any bad effects, it just seems to change the Color Generator from DisplayCALs own to MadVR one but it just seemed weird that it sticks like that.

Last edited:
Good results, definitely got some improvements.
Did you also get some black luminance/contrast ratio results with the i1?
The i1 profiler gave me 5157:1 CR. I don't know what happened to the log? I uninstalled it so it probably went kapoof! And I think the reason why i got poor gamma with their software was that I did NOT REBOOT. They didn't mention it and SPyder5 did not require it . However, I did notice that the Displaycal had gamma correct on browsers but not on desktops but was fixed during reboot, so I 'm just assuming!

MAZA: thanks for the excellent feedback! I'd be kinda lost without all your guys assistance here :D I'll read that 3d LUT more and get back to you. Yes, I'm super picky on colors and it bothers me if some color looks wrong, but after some work there are no wrong colors :D

No wonder Overwatch looked washed out (set to full)
No wonder Battlefield 4 looks good now (set to borderless)

I'm gonna run those tests in the Korean IPS DAVI screen and check for 3d on the HKC.

My guess to why this sharp panel is not available and marketed in the states:
1. Gamers have moved on to 27" 1600p panels
2. No gsync/freesync
3. Some gamers really don't care about colors at all
4. Some locked deal that manufacturers like Dell and Eizo couldn't get due to contracts.

edit :3D for this card requires 3d vision purchase.. -_- Well I have Sony active 3d glasses and the tv is already 3D enabled. I guess i can't try this out on this monitor.

Last edited:
The i1 profiler gave me 5157:1 CR.
Very good result. I believe the Eizo got around 4800:1 after calibration.

Don't believe 3D would ever work on this monitor, or else they'd have advertised it.
They either don't use the function of the panel or it is using a different Sharp panel without 3D.

So, I tried to do the MadVr thing, but I couldn't find this so called preset. Where is it?
And 2, wouldn't borderless gaming solve the ICC problems and not need 3d Lut?

BTW, So I remeasured grayscale of the HKC x3 and it shows 5300:1 Contrast ratio! A big improvement over 5157:1 from i1profiler software.
I also recalculated Delta minus the 2 out of range values and its Delta E 0.5 , 1.5 max.

In comparison, I got 0.59 delta 1.5 max and 749:1 Contrast on the Korean DAVI IPS screen post calibration. (I believe its a Mac cinema screen, there's nothing like this on Tftcentral for 2010)

A VA panel besting an IPS in color! (just barely but still its notable)

I am having trouble calibrating my laptop though. Moving those sliders in Intel HD graphics tend not to react the same way. Gamma is the main one for RGB? that made no change, so I used brightness. That did jack, so I did contrast. I got worse results.
Pre calib i did have 847:1 CR (.010 black pt, 84 cdm2)
Pushing the brightness just one notch bumped it to 120cdm2, so it wasn't really possible to calibrate. Oh, delta was was way off charts 25+ pre and post calibration..
But it still looks decent despite all that since its glossy and high dpi :p I was still able to complete color tests accurately by eye. This is very strange indeed..

Screen Shot 06-03-16 at 01.34 PM 001.PNG
Screen Shot 06-03-16 at 01.34 PM.PNG

Congrats on getting a badass display with excellent colors and contrast. :) I admit, I am tempted to give it a try myself but I have other expenses to take care of first (new graphics card and fixing the bloody car being priorities).

Regarding 3DLUT this is used for getting calibrated colors for games and movies using applications that support them. For movies you need to be using Media Player Classic Home Cinema and have MadVR installed, which is something you should be using anyway if you watch movie rips on your computer. The scalers it has built in are amazing for upscaling 480p and 720p content to 1080, or downscaling bigger resolution videos DSR/VSR style. Anyway, with MadVR getting calibrated colors is the simplest thing in the world. In DisplayCAL select Video For 3DLUT MadVR preset and calibrate. It already has the correct settings, D65, BT1886 and so on. DisplayCAL does detect where you have the MadVR installed and its enabled autimatically too. While watching a movie you can turn it on and off with CTRL-SHIFT-3 button combination. If your monitor has bad default colors the the difference might be shocking, I know it was with my FG2421. :D Oh, and you need to have your ICC profile and gamma settings disabled but DisplayCAL does that automatically too whenever it detects that the MadVR is on.

For games its a bit more complicated process. Famously most games simply override your calibration and reset the LUT and gamma adjustments your colorimeter has done (which is why back then some people said calibration and profiles do not matter for games) but usually the easiest way to get around that is to just use the Borderless Windowed mode and some program to lock the LUT of your graphics card. DisplayCAL should do it on its own and you can bolster that with old Monitor Calibration Wizard program which still surprisingly works. For games that do not have Borderless or if you do not want to use it for reason or another (IE you lose DSR/VSR with borderless modes) you have to use 3DLUT. This is a SweetFX effect which some multiplayer games may or may not detect as a hack so take care.

Anyway first download Reshade Mediator, find your game executable with it and apply a blank profile for it. You may eventually want to experiment with Lumasharpen filters and SMAA antialiasing but for now just do a blank. You know SweetFX/Reshade is working when you start the game and you see a white text on top left corner. Now, open DisplayCAL and select a Video 3DLUT For Reshade and calibrate. You may want to change the Tone Curve from Rec1886 to Gamma 2.2 at the 3DLUT tab but thats up to you. After the calibration is done you have to find the executable folder again and apply. You know its working when you start the game and the text at the top left of the screen reads Color Lookup Table somethingsomething stuff. You can turn the calibration on and off with Home button for comparison.

Now, in case of games DisplayCAL does NOT detect that the reshade is on (or if it did, it has no way of knowing you are using it for calibration) so you have turn of your calibrations manually or you risk getting double calibrated colors (read: everything goes wrong again) for the few rare games that do not override your GPU Lut. Thankfully DisplayCAL has made that easy, just right click the DisplayCAL tray icon on bottom right of your screen and select Reset Video Card Gamma Table. And select Load Calibration when you are done gaming.

I calibrated 3 screens so far, here are some graphs.
Take note that the Laptop failed to calibrate, controlling software sliders really didn't do much , and the result was better pre calibrated so I only include that default result.

Despite these numbers, the DELL laptop screen looks fantastic. The black depth , ppi and glossy screen do wonders. I used 90cdm2 here though, since the steps were too big in software control. --but there's still an obvious difference when the wrong and correct color is displayed in the displaycal test. Too bad I can't work the laptop settings in the software 2 calibrate.

20160603090249.png
20160603085819.png
20160603085654.png

Last edited:
Reactions: igluk
like this
So, I tried to do the MadVr thing, but I couldn't find this so called preset. Where is it?
And 2, wouldn't borderless gaming solve the ICC problems and not need 3d Lut?

Its the white dropbox that reads Settings. I just called them presets wrongly out of memory because thats what they are, preset settings. :p All calibrations you do are also saved there, added to the bottom of the list.

And yes. The 3DLUT thing was mostly just for situations where the game either does not have Borderless mode or it causes stuttering issues in your rig or such. And of course if you want to use DSR or VSR, which makes you render the game in higher resolution than your monitor and downscale it for supersampling AA effect, you cannot use borderless mode because its tied to your desktops resolution for some reason I do not know why.

2016-06-02 12.08.44.jpg

OK guys, I have used this monitor long enough to make a CONCLUSIVE review
Please read if you want some quality material to help you fall asleep at night!

Build Quality:

The monitor stand is weighted with some mixed metal ore and does has a hexa-triangular shaped base for support. It is not very wobbly.
Overall the quality of monitor materials and stability is somewhere in between. IT is definitely not typical cheap crap
I have found on budget Samsung screens, Benq or those monitors that fall over when someone farts as they walk by.
Oh, maybe that's only me?
oops.. I would say is pretty good, but just not as rugged as Dell or NEC. It wouldnt be good to fall off the table onto a hard floor.
But would I trust dropping a Dell ultrasharp ? No.
The monitor has excellent height adjustment, can be tilted forward or back. Finally, it and can be rotated vertically.
I think? Those 4 holes are for VESA mounts, but I haven't tested if they fit perfectly.
The ports seem strong enough for removal without much worry.

4/5

Warranty:

LOL, well won't apply since I got this import and through a work of art over a Taobao agent! If you ever use a taobao agent, just ask me
I went through 5 of them and they all tried to slice off my hand and rob me. I finally found one that does thousands of
good transactions a year and is very low cost. I took a big risk and would have had little recourse to get a refund, but my gamble
paid off since I scored a great monitor!

In China, you might have yourself a standard warranty. I think there's a slipcard thats written in all Chinese; I'm guessing that's
the warranty.

N/A

Gaming.. Continued:

2016-06-12 01.08.42.jpg

The high res screencaps of DOOM 2016 and the uncompressed video just blew me away.
LINK:
With 5300:1 Contrast ratio, this is "THE MONITOR" for DOOM.

The amount of depth and detail is just staggering, you could look into the darks and stare and
still see further. This screen surely is far superior to the 842:1 (the avg contrast to most gamers) IPS screen I had to view this
and now I'm curious to how great this will look on OLED.

For Battlefield, the many shades of black and gray in LOCKER are a bit staggering. You will Find your enemy
hiding in the dark shadows and be able to track a running target pretty well on high tick rate servers.

For Games like Overwatch, the beautiful colors of the monitor represents this game as intended in its full glory.
Since the game uses a narrow contrast range with no blacks at all (darkest color is charcoal gray)
You will not find difference between this and a fast IPS screen. It is very obvious that this
that game is optimized for a variety of screen types, so even a bad panel will suffice. The game
is already smooth by nature, but adding 144hz on top of this makes the game surreal and breathtaking.

With little input lag and fantastic pixel response and Refresh rate, you will not find much advantage of getting a TN panel. IN FACT, if you were gonna spend <$300 on a local TN panel, i'd advise you not to and get this. Even uncalibrated, the colors look better than TN and you have the speed to match up.

While 4k and 1440p are nicer to look at, you will sacrifice either contrast, refresh rate or both. There is no one size fits all
gaming monitor.

4.5/5

Office work/typical usage/productivity software

Most people are moving up to 27" and higher res screens, so this won't really appeal to those
whose focus is strictly on that. However, after calibration, this screen is pretty comfortable to
view for many hours and is sharp with text. You still have enough space to
work with for FL studio, Photoshop and having 2 word docs side by side.
The last u pdates to these programs seem to have been optimized to run on 1080p. But 4k is simply better.
I did check, and FL STUDIO scales perfectly within 4k gui.

PWM drives me crazy, but I haven't found anything. The green/blue light is quite strong before calibration, so don't let that
confuse you --as that was a source of previous headaches.

You know whats neat? Is you can drag around any UI window and it's soooo smooth that you can still read it.
120hz is just unreal!

I would say 1080p is OK,
but nothing really exciting for pure productivity, as better options exist for size, resolution and
aren't dependent on contrast ratio or pixel speed.

4/5

Movies Continued:

You will find no flaw in watching a screen this nice for Blu Ray. This screen was perfectly built to all of its specifications.
In fact, TV reviews put the contrast ratio as the main weight in performance of the screen. The CR actually bests the top range
of all LCD tvs up to 2015. At an impressive 5300:1, only a few TVs will beat it. This year Vizio and Samsung came out with some superior
HDR capable screens that
do 6800:1 , but in the previous year Samsung topped out at 3000:1 and Sony 4900:1 for top models.
I have to agree that this is extremely important to cinema. The amount of depth, realism and detail makes for a far more
immersive experience. Even on a smaller screen, I felt more immersed watching Star Wars plasma bolts blinding my eyes,
whizzing through the ominous black sky.

The next important weight is Color. This monitor fits the standard specs for Blu ray. It encompasses 96% of the SRGB space/rec 709 and then some high range
greens for adobe gamma.

Fortunately, calibrating this screen twice brought this beast down to 0.42 deltaE!
While none of the calibrations from DisplayCal were bad,
SRGB mode came out least favorable, with BT 1886 as central and GAMMA 2.2 the best. Here I got the highest color accuracy and
contrast. The other two sacrificed a few % to either contrast darkness or color accuracy. I highly recommend using Gamma 2.2 in
Displaycal for i1 Dispaly Pro.

TV review sites then look at motion clarity and pulldown ability. The latter is handled by the software and video card, so the
screen itself has its hands clean of that. However, the monitor has no issue handling smooth motion when directly fed through PS3
watching Pirates of the Carribean. The fast pixel response of the monitor surely helped messy action scenes become easily trackable
by casual movement of your eye. A lot of TVs out there will blur this motion, but no problem at all for this screen.
The whole experience is buttery smooth.

ON the contrary, tech moves so fast that it brings this score down a bit. With cinematographers pushing more black depth into OLED
then with 4k and HDR, cinema gurus are already abandoning
the 1080p LCD spec.

4.2/5

Photography editing/Pic viewing

2016-06-12 22.59.43.jpg 2016-06-12 23.00.16.jpg

For Photography, its recommended to get a 27-30" Screen, or even bigger with a high PPI and a
glossy coating. BUT the color accuracy and contrast helps greatly to offset these limitations.

With DeltaE 0.42E (recalibrated 6/11/16).
This brings this screen down slightly more accurate than my Davi 24" IPS which uses the same
panel as the apple cinema circa 2010.

The contrast really does this screen a giant favor. Photos viewed are very rich with depth
and saturation. Side by side, certain pictures look fantastic on the HKC but are really washed
out garbage on the IPS screen(s). Even brighter pictures
seem to benefit. I used a variety of pictures 4k and 1080p, from Gratisphography and 3
k wallpaper sites.
The range of dark values of all colors made most of the pictures pop out of the screen. There is a lot
of depth that I've never experienced before outside of OLED and CRT.

With this color accuracy AND contrast, you will find litle advantage of buying any of the 24" 1080p Ips screens
on the market

OF course, there will be absolutely no advantage of hunting down any other VA panel, as it tops
all other VA monitors for contrast ratio and color accuracy.

4.2/5

Pros
---
+Highest contrast ratio ever tested (and I had the honor lol). 5312:1
+Very high color accuracy, IPS killer <0.42 DeltaE
+Might be better than any TN in almost every way.
+Very fast and stable 120hz, buttery smooth games
+Very smooth film motion, especially action sequence and particles
+No noticeable lag, competition ready.
+Fully adjustable stand, tilt, height and rotation
+Good connectivity: DP, HDMI, DVI, Audio for a soundbar, speakers.
+Works fantastic for consoles, HDCP ready.
+Eizo Fg2421 altenative that addresses its weaknesses.
+No dead pixels
+Company is reputable in China
+Overall has all the pros of TN/VA and IPS
+Good price

Neutral
----
-Light AG coating
Most people like this, but it is a bane to me who sees a dry sandy film grain texture on everything and prefers
crystal clear coats. Reflections are not an enemy but now is ambient diffused light to
rob picture quality.
-Very loud Chinese gamer design; red n black will match MSI or ASUS. Not crazy about the
mid sized bezel and round osd
control panel.

Cons
---
-Pain in the butt to ship here. Used a Taobao agent.
-Poor factory calibration, just awful and almost resold it!
-Poor OSD functions: If using a Factory preset, it is defaulted to the first each time monitor sleeps/off
-144hz OD on my panel caused ufo test to vibrate/judder vertically, set to 120hz fixed this.
-No Gsync/Freesync/ULMB or 240hz black frame strobing from Eizo. But do you need it? I haven't
seen tearing once.
-A bit more narrow viewing angles than IPS and narrower than the best VA panels but its not bad.
Still better than any TN, just not as good as IPS.
-Probably no warranty overseas

Thoughts..

You can't have everything. If you were to raise the scores of movies and photos,
that would require
4k+ HIGH PPI and HDR. But there is no monitor out there in LCD Land that will also give you
high refresh rate/low lag AND very high contrast levels AND high color accuracy. The 4k monitors
out there only do about 800:1 contrast ratio. Then there's the plethora of 2560x1440 27" monitors
that are everywhere, but they do not scale well at 1080p material and aren't resolved enough for 4k
and do not exhibit the high contrast ratio.

4k is the new standard that won't go
away for Hollywood, so it's really a moot in between step. So a 27" 1440p scren wouldn't be "Better"
But simply a sidestep.

For 1080p LCDs, I also looked at the Dell U2417HJ, which has superior low inpug lag at <5ms smmt fast
pixel response, but also the best tested IPS for contrast ratio at 1228:1. However, you do not get
high PPI or glossy screen for photos here either, and the HKC and Eizo still shrug at that contrast ratio. I almost
bought that screen, but the HKC was already in progress so i just went ahead with it.
It also is just a 60hz monitor. The HKC seems like it has beaten Eizo in battle here, and is less
than half the cost so now that is no longer the best option.

This seemed like the best alternatives are few, mainly being sidegrades.
You will sacrfice
something, unless you wish to pay an arm and a leg
for the upcoming God of all monitors, the DELL 4k 120hz 0.1ms 30" OLED.
This indeed will make no compromise.

What changes I'd like to see on revisions:
-FIX the OSD! Really, this is what makes you look like an ordinary, sweat shop Chinese company.
The settings don't stick once the monitor powers off on standby. Thank God for calibrations
that do stick!
-Try to make at least "useable" pre set calibrations for people who aren't gonna buy a calibrator ever.
-Fix your manual and print it out in different languages.
-Slim down the bezel and use a nicer osd control pod like Dell.
-Consider using low reflective 3H glass similar to Plasmas.
REALLY consider exporting after the fixes are in place. Gamers are dying for a monitor this nice

I don't think t hese revisions will cost a great deal of money, you still gotta pay people's salaries. But no
excuse for basic quality!

I went well above and beyond what a normal person would do when buying a monitor. I bought an entirely
unknown brand in the US, went through the hassle of navigating and registering on a complicated Chinese website
and communicating with agents of broken English and more google translate. I then had it shipped for nearly the cost
of the monitor. BUT you know, shipping and export fees are added to monitors in the US anyways as hidden charges?
For example I paid $277 total for this monitor, a TN panel would cost around $300 after taxes but the Eizo FG2421, which is inferior
would cost you $610 after taxes. I then went through the trouble of buying a calibrator and learning how to calibrate my screen.
This is something else that 99% of monitor and TV owners will never do. The Chinese pay only a small fraction for monitors over there!
You pay for advertising and marketing as well here.

So I would be really surprised if one of you guys who aren't living in China decide to buy one! Post your thoughts if you do!

GAMING: 4.5
MOVIES: 4.2
Office work/typical usage: 4
Photography usage: 4.2
Build Quality: 4/5

RECOMMENDED: 4.4/5

Price at time of review: $133usd, +$142 to ship to USA. Got discount and paid 0% fees/taobao agent

Last edited:
I'm a little confused what you mean by the OSD settings being reset when the monitor powers off/sleeps. Like the custom set RGB sliders change to their default values as well as brightness settings and all that? If the monitor just defaults to a different color preset and changing it back to user mode retains the values you set there then i guess that's fine albeit still annoying to do that each time the monitor sleeps. The important thing is although calibrations may stick, you still want to calibrate to a 6500k color temperature using the monitors built in RGB adjustments and then let the calibration take care of gamma curves and grayscale. It's ill advised to let displaycal try to set 6500k on its own and should be left to "as measured" unless you're using a monitor that doesn't have any OSD adjustments like those korean ones.

I'm a little confused what you mean by the OSD settings being reset when the monitor powers off/sleeps. Like the custom set RGB sliders change to their default values as well as brightness settings and all that? If the monitor just defaults to a different color preset and changing it back to user mode retains the values you set there then i guess that's fine albeit still annoying to do that each time the monitor sleeps. The important thing is although calibrations may stick, you still want to calibrate to a 6500k color temperature using the monitors built in RGB adjustments and then let the calibration take care of gamma curves and grayscale. It's ill advised to let displaycal try to set 6500k on its own and should be left to "as measured" unless you're using a monitor that doesn't have any OSD adjustments like those korean ones.

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. The PRESETS don't stick, (Movie, FPS, etc) and Gamma setting. Gamma 2 seems like the closest setting to true gamma, but unfortunately it won't stick. HOWEVER, the RGB sliders, brightness and contrast NEVER reset. Thank God!
Btw, If you use these values
R: 50
G :45
B: 42 and keep it all standard, Gamma 1 default, then use Nvidia control panel and put gamma slider to 1.05 you get a gamma of 2.3 (my preference since it scores best contrast ratio, color accuracy and least banding). You might be able to get close to my calibration.
It seems the panel is finely tuned for 2.3 Gamma and not 2.2 or 2.4

So I didn't have to leave it as "measured."

I have an i1 display pro and can calibrate the screen to give me 2.2 gamma. Using Nvidia control panel overwrites any icc profile applied so i cannot do that and it's also again not recommended to use those settings there unless again you have no OSD to work with and no calibration device either.

I am definitely very interested in this monitor and will see about ordering one. I'm currently on an XB241H which is a 144hz 1ms TN monitor with Gsync and it's actually a very very good monitor. You can take a look at my calibration results for it in my post here: Acer Predator XB241H Gsync

The only thing as you can see is the very poor 849:1 contrast ratio. Contrast ratio goes a long way in creating a very pleasing image to look at, and this monitor lacks a whole lot of that, plus its using a pretty heavy AG coating. The AG on this HKC is actually much much lighter and though glossy would be better, it may as well be glossy compared to this TN so i'd be happy with that.

My only concern with the monitor would be how well it can keep up with my TN in fluidity and pixel responsiveness. With VAs you generally get slow pixel response times which can cause very obvious ghosting/trailing, and i know for a fact it would be worse than my TN. If its tolerable and doesn't really impede competitive gameplay by any noticeable amount then the tradeoff is of course worth it for the nicer picture.

I have an i1 display pro and can calibrate the screen to give me 2.2 gamma. Using Nvidia control panel overwrites any icc profile applied so i cannot do that and it's also again not recommended to use those settings there unless again you have no OSD to work with and no calibration device either.

I am definitely very interested in this monitor and will see about ordering one. I'm currently on an XB241H which is a 144hz 1ms TN monitor with Gsync and it's actually a very very good monitor. You can take a look at my calibration results for it in my post here: Acer Predator XB241H Gsync

The only thing as you can see is the very poor 849:1 contrast ratio. Contrast ratio goes a long way in creating a very pleasing image to look at, and this monitor lacks a whole lot of that, plus its using a pretty heavy AG coating. The AG on this HKC is actually much much lighter and though glossy would be better, it may as well be glossy compared to this TN so i'd be happy with that.

My only concern with the monitor would be how well it can keep up with my TN in fluidity and pixel responsiveness. With VAs you generally get slow pixel response times which can cause very obvious ghosting/trailing, and i know for a fact it would be worse than my TN. If its tolerable and doesn't really impede competitive gameplay by any noticeable amount then the tradeoff is of course worth it for the nicer picture.

Well, I did state that I used the i1 Display pro for all of these tests and I have done SEVERAL calibrations to see which setting looks best. I only put that as an option in case one didn't have a calibrator. IN fact, I have turned off the ICC and simply use the NV control panel and tested it as 0.42 Delta with gamma
2.30 , and 5225:1 contrast ratio.
The monitor looks best at 2.3 gamma, as the Lagom grayscale tests somehow all the squares look identical (washing out grays) in 2.2 gamma calibration setting. You can do what you feel looks right, as your panel may differ even if its the same model.
Edit: I'm thinking something is up with my video card or drivers. The other 2 screens that I calibrated also have a 'washed out" feel in some pictures in dark gray (or any color in that value) regions (not blacks). But the other screens also calibrated using the i1 display, not connected to the computer do not have this issue. Adjusting the Calibration to different gammas, or turning off the ICC and using control panel seems to make that go away.

There is no clouding, glow or backlight bleeding anywhere that I can see. It is so uniform black, that when screens display small text like "ROUND 2" in Overwatch, it looks so amazing!

There's really no advantage that I could find with a TN panel. I have used 144hz tn panels, and I can't say that it feels less laggy and faster. The speed of this panel is quite fluid and the press of a mouse button, the action is instant. I have never lost a fight in Battlefield 4 or Overwatch due to this, and gaming is probably its BEST feature. I have never witness ghosting or trailing, i would have put that in the review or have found a way to sell it. If you look at Eizo's FG2421, the ghosting is completely absent there too .

The coating is pretty much a semi glossy and light ag coating hybrid, as it has a little bit of grain sparkle to it. I have learned to ignore it, but I still prefer glossy. I really don't think it would bother you though if you got used to heavy AG coating. I consider heavy AG coating as associated with grocery store screens or office..YUCK.

But the question is if you live in China, or are you comfortable using China tabaoagent DOTDOTBUY to purchase this?

I'm in the states, it looks like i can order one from Order by HKC X3 23.5 established sharp PVA LCD 144Hhz monitor LCD computer screen 24 for $260 shipped which seems reasonable.
No, do not buy from them! They tell you will ship it, then they change their mind and won't do it. It took a while to get my money back. They are the worst. I'm sure i listed that site , and yoybuy as non participant in delivery. This is never the actual price, they will quote you a very high shipping fee later and then cancel your order
I already tried all the main taobao agents. The only one I can recommend for safety is DOTDOTbuy.

The whole reason to why I even bothered write such an extensive review, is that I already went through a TON Of hell, challenges and perils of obtaining and using this monitor. I wrote this so you wouldn't have to do deal with it. Did you read the top post carefully? Ok, I realized I didn't add yoycart to the blacklist and it was the 3rd one to avoid.

Last edited:
No, do not buy from them! They tell you will ship it, then they change their mind and won't do it. It took a while to get my money back. They are the worst. I'm sure i listed that site , and yoybuy as non participant in delivery. This is never the actual price, they will quote you a very high shipping fee later and then cancel your order
I already tried all the main taobao agents. The only one I can recommend for safety is DOTDOTbuy.

The whole reason to why I even bothered write such an extensive review, is that I already went through a TON Of hell, challenges and perils of obtaining and using this monitor. I wrote this so you wouldn't have to do deal with it. Did you read the top post carefully? Ok, I realized I didn't add yoycart to the blacklist and it was the 3rd one to avoid.

Where else is there for a similar price? I mean i can try with them anyways and see if they'll ship or not, if not i dont really care to wait for the money back. Strange for them to refuse to ship to US when they're offering it there.

Where else is there for a similar price? I mean i can try with them anyways and see if they'll ship or not, if not i dont really care to wait for the money back. Strange for them to refuse to ship to US when they're offering it there.
It seems like you missed a lot or didn't read.

These Chinese Taobao sites are mostly FISHY dodgy and have horrible service. What you see is never what you get. I mean if you want to go through a month of hassle, go right head..but I've warned you all.
Only Dotdotbuy 商城—海外华人代购淘宝首选平台-网购中国商品第一品牌-dotdotbuy

came through and passed all tests! You will have to find the monitor on
TMALL

HKC X3 23.5英寸144hz游戏cf电竞显示器24电脑液晶lol显示屏hdmi-tmall.com天猫

with the lowest price and send them the link through dotdotbuy and they will order from the store. It is well known that Chinese sites always put inventory of goods to sell to US but don't actually offer it, or give you hell and rip you off.

I really have to write it out again
Each of these websites will have you pay and then you must wait a few days for them to reply and give the go ahead. They will tell you that you need to pay the domestic shipping from the store to the Taobao agent, (them) This is around 8-10 bucks, or in my case, FREE.
You will then wait a few days for this to get shipped and they will tell you that the domestic calculation of shipping is
incorrect and you must pay 212-300 usd or more, but sometimes a discounted rate of 50% (157.00) See below.

This would put your monitor at 220+212=412.00 usd.
The next hassle is that they don't accept visa, mastercard, amex or paypal. They will hassle you to pay through some fishy webpage and enter your credit card number so the 3rd party service can forward money to them in their currency . (LIKE PAYPAL)
If you refuse , you will be made to pay through Western Union. (ITS HELL in its own right to go through their protection checks).
but then I received calls at midnight and early morning from VISA and Western Union that taobaoring and some other sites were guilty of several scams . Yes, I really did get calls that late at night, but i ignored the phone so I could sleep. It was international VISA in China.

Then AFTER YOU PAY THEM, they will tell you that they can't actually ship the item, and if they do it will probably be broken. So then they make you wait 7 days to get your money back, while this money is gone, you can't buy another monitor. Btw, to use their 3rd party credit card service costs you 20usd OR if they do let you use Paypal, they also charge you 20.00. Add on your 10% commission rate 24.00 +20+ 160 shipping +220 for the monitor and see how much it will cost you...

I have been saying in several posts, that the shipping is $157 to ship from DHL at a 50% discounted price. Only some of the taobao agents offer this 50% discount and actually will ship the item for you. Most either won't honor the price, or won't ship it after wasting your time.
If you go to the DHL website, you can enter in dimensions and you get somewhere around $300usd. The Dotdotbuy actually gave me another discount of 15 usd and i paid 142.00
dHL uses volumetric weight and its for 12Kg.

Shipping by EMS is restricted for this size and will be VERY expensive and will not guarantee safety.
I guarantee you that you will NEVER pay 41.00 shipping for a 12kG item from China.

In addition, you will keep paying other fees such as commissions, AND they don't actually accept paypal after repeated times.

DO NOT BUY FROM:
Shopchina
Taobaoring
yoycart
Yoybuy
Aliexpress (inflated price)

^ All of these sites held my money for many days, or over a week and gave me run arounds to not ship my item and made every step of the way very very miserable .

BUY FROM
DOTDOTDBUY : Excellent service, NO BS! $277 *133 monitor +142 shipping, no commission weekend special, no domestic shipping +they double boxed it when I had asked them

Hey, if you get really serious i can help you 1 on 1 order the monitor on Dotdotbuy.

Last edited:
Search up review on this product and i saw yours, really in-depth review thank you.

I have a questions do you think its worth selling my 1 month used Benq XL2411Z 144hz and get this HKC X3 monitor instead? im used to be a pro gamer and still playing competitively Csgo and trying Overwatch which is really fun. So thats is my background so monitor refresh rate, input lag and responsiveness for a monitor is really my top priority. I also do a little bit of photography and graphic design as a hobby and as a small job so i guess colours are really needed.(Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Indesign are the software i always use).

But i was thinking if the HKC perform the same as my Benq(terms of responsiveness,refresh rate,input lag) but with a really better colour, pretty sure the colours are wayy better than my benq, i think its a no brainer to go for the HKC monitor then.

:)
p/s sry for bad english as it is not my main language

Last edited:
Search up review on this product and i saw yours, really in-depth review thank you.

I have a questions do you think its worth selling my 1 month used Benq XL2411Z 144hz(bought at 1150MYR) and get this HKC X3 monitor instead which is price at 800MYR? im used to be a pro gamer and still playing competitively Csgo and trying Overwatch which is really fun. So thats is my background so monitor refresh rate, input lag and responsiveness for a monitor is really my top priority. I also do a little bit of photography and graphic design as a hobby and as a small job so i guess colours are really needed.(Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Indesign are the software i always use).

But i was thinking if the HKC perform the same as my Benq(terms of responsiveness,refresh rate,input lag) but with a really better colour, pretty sure the colours are wayy better than my benq, i think its a no brainer to go for the HKC monitor then.

so in conclusion - sell my benq and order the hkc x3, +spare cash +better colours +same performance, win? :)
p/s sry for bad english as it is not my main language

It's worth it if you read the process of buying this monitor through DOTDOTBUY. You then will find a seller on Taobao mall who sells the monitorfor 899 yuan or LESS and give this link to DotDotbuy. DDB will then buy the item FOR you. They will tell you that it's fragile, but you will say OK when they ask you. You then ask them to double box it. They charge for this, but were kind enough to waive that fee.
It will require some patience and Google Translate through an all Chinese site. You will then need to communicate in broken English to them through support chat on their website. Did you see how many Taobao agents faked their website data or tried to scam me?

The Benq x2411z sells for $269 in my area, but that's before taxes and shipping. The HKC X3 costed me $133 and $142 US DHL shipping. Sellers add this shipping rate to the actual price, that's why Benq charges $269. In China you would pay around $100 usd.

If you're ok with all of that, it sounds like this is the PERFECT monitor for you! The colors are more accurate than my IPS screens and the low black levels really give you much more images to work with. But since your primary purpose is gaming, this is perfect. I have tried Csgo with it and the reaction time for me to shoot a guy out of a corner is very good. I get the first shot off and on to the next.

I really wanted to like BENQ , but I couldn't stand the colors, it gave me a big headache. I also hated the build quality .

It's worth it if you read the process of buying this monitor through DOTDOTBUY. You then will find a seller on Taobao mall who sells the monitorfor 899 yuan or LESS and give this link to DotDotbuy. DDB will then buy the item FOR you. They will tell you that it's fragile, but you will say OK when they ask you. You then ask them to double box it. They charge for this, but were kind enough to waive that fee.
It will require some patience and Google Translate through an all Chinese site. You will then need to communicate in broken English to them through support chat on their website. Did you see how many Taobao agents faked their website data or tried to scam me?

The Benq x2411z sells for $269 in my area, but that's before taxes and shipping. The HKC X3 costed me $133 and $142 US DHL shipping. Sellers add this shipping rate to the actual price, that's why Benq charges $269. In China you would pay around $100 usd.

If you're ok with all of that, it sounds like this is the PERFECT monitor for you! The colors are more accurate than my IPS screens and the low black levels really give you much more images to work with. But since your primary purpose is gaming, this is perfect. I have tried Csgo with it and the reaction time for me to shoot a guy out of a corner is very good. I get the first shot off and on to the next.

I really wanted to like BENQ , but I couldn't stand the colors, it gave me a big headache. I also hated the build quality .

Im just worried that is the HKC X3 will perform the same as my XL2411Z in terms of input lag, pixel response and also the 144hz? as i see this is an upgrade for my monitor which has better colours and the same performance for competitive gaming and also spare money after i sold my benq that is.

Last edited:
I know a dealer over here for that monitor and it would take 5days to arrived here using DHL and im not really worried about the process of buying and receiving it.

Im just worried that is the HKC X3 will perform the same as my Benq XL2411Z in terms of input lag, pixel response and also the 144hz? as i see this is an upgrade for my monitor which has better colours and the same performance for competitive gaming and also spare money after i sold my benq that is.
You're welcome. I really hoped I can make a review to help people!
I don't have the tools to measure input lag. I know VA panels have higher than TN, but compared to my IPS screen, it is much less lag. The response is instant, but I can't verify in any way. It should be better than the Eizo Fg2421 since there is no black frame insertion. But I really don't think that 1 frame of input lag would be the thing to blame for me being a good or bad player. But as for pixel response, there is no trails, ghosting or anything that i can find. If you take a menu gui item in windows, and drag it as fast as you can, you can still read it. I could not do that with my 60hz monitor.

Also on blurbusters UFO test, I can see the guys joystick and 3 eyeballs. I can't see that on my 60hz ips screen. I was gaming Ok on that too.

I really think you should go Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests here and test your BENQ if 144hz looks as good as 120hz , worse or better. The HKC is overdriven (like most panels) so the 120hz looks a lot smoother and does not judder.

You're welcome. I really hoped I can make a review to help people!
I don't have the tools to measure input lag. I know VA panels have higher than TN, but compared to my IPS screen, it is much less lag. The response is instant, but I can't verify in any way. It should be better than the Eizo Fg2421 since there is no black frame insertion. But I really don't think that 1 frame of input lag would be the thing to blame for me being a good or bad player. But as for pixel response, there is no trails, ghosting or anything that i can find. If you take a menu gui item in windows, and drag it as fast as you can, you can still read it. I could not do that with my 60hz monitor.

Also on blurbusters UFO test, I can see the guys joystick and 3 eyeballs. I can't see that on my 60hz ips screen. I was gaming Ok on that too.

I really think you should go Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests here and test your BENQ if 144hz looks as good as 120hz , worse or better. The HKC is overdriven (like most panels) so the 120hz looks a lot smoother and does not judder.

Hmm this monitor is better than Eizo fg2421 in what terms? idk what does black frame insertion means or i just didnt notice you mention about it on your earlier post, i did read all of it including your effort on getting the best colours out of HKC x3.

About the blur busters ufo motion test
at 144hz i can see the joystick and eyeballs but its like connected so it looks like 2 eyeballs instead of 3, i turn on the blur reduction mode feature built in the monitor at 144 hz i can see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick.
at 120hz the result is the same as 144 hz without the blur reduction turned on, as i turn blur reduction on at 120hz i can see the 3 eyeballs and the joystick just that at 144hz+blur reduction on are alot smoother.

So on the HKC out of the box at 144/120hz you still can see the 3 eyeballs and the joystick clearly? as in like my benq at 120hz/144hz blur reduction ON.
thing is about benq blur reduction when i turned it ON the monitor brightness automaticly lowered like from 90 to 0 brightness thats why i dont really use blur reduction mode, im quite suprised at 120/144hz without it i cant really see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick. :cry:

as to your question regarding if my BENQ 144hz looks as good as 120hz worse or better. i dont see the difference, ill only see the difference when i turned on the blur reduction mode at 144hz=120hz.

Hmm this monitor is better than Eizo fg2421 in what terms? idk what does black frame insertion means or i just didnt notice you mention about it on your earlier post, i did read all of it including your effort on getting the best colours out of HKC x3.

About the blur busters ufo motion test
at 144hz i can see the joystick and eyeballs but its like connected so it looks like 2 eyeballs instead of 3, i turn on the blur reduction mode feature built in the monitor at 144 hz i can see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick.
at 120hz the result is the same as 144 hz without the blur reduction turned on, as i turn blur reduction on at 120hz i can see the 3 eyeballs and the joystick just that at 144hz+blur reduction on are alot smoother.

So on the HKC out of the box at 144/120hz you still can see the 3 eyeballs and the joystick clearly? as in like my benq at 120hz/144hz blur reduction ON.
thing is about benq blur reduction when i turned it ON the monitor brightness automaticly lowered like from 90 to 0 brightness thats why i dont really use blur reduction mode, im quite suprised at 120/144hz without it i cant really see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick. :cry:

as to your question regarding if my BENQ 144hz looks as good as 120hz worse or better. i dont see the difference, ill only see the difference when i turned on the blur reduction mode at 144hz=120hz.

It's better than Eizo in terms of input lag when comparing to black frame insertion. The black frames add double the lag, but create a smoother picture. In other ways, the color accuracy is far better 6 delta vs 0.42 deltaE and Contrast 5300:1 vs 4800:1 and also the price is halved.

Well, there's no way to turn off/on OD or on or off blur reduction. The monitor can go very bright. I'm using 36 brightness to reach 118.5 Cdm/2. I don't have to deal with a dark image . 120hz is perfected (can see 3 eyeballs and joystick), but the 144hz shakes vertically. So i recommend using 120hz in your PC.

I think i just have to pull the trigger and go for it, need to sell the benq first.

Overall the HKC is better than the Eizo in terms of input lag? also the color and contrast are a bit better?
what is OD? i find it amaze that it doesnt have the "blur reduction mode" as the benq where i need to turn it ON(both on 120hz/144hz) to see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick and in return suffer from the lower brightness that i cant turn it up on the OSD, but with this HKC ill get better colours and contrast/brightness and be able to see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick on 120hz.and 144hz? at 144hz you said that the ufo shakes vertically? but can you still see the 3 eyeballs and the stick?

Also did you try gaming at 144hz without any problem? on like for example on Overwatch or CSGO compare to the perfected 120hz?
on the OSD option does the monitor have "sharpness" and what else does it has?

Do i need to get a proper colour calibrator too?
im sorry if i ask to much and my bad grammar...

I think i just have to pull the trigger and go for it, need to sell the benq first.

Overall the HKC is better than the Eizo in terms of input lag? also the color and contrast are a bit better?
what is OD? i find it amaze that it doesnt have the "blur reduction mode" as the benq where i need to turn it ON(both on 120hz/144hz) to see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick and in return suffer from the lower brightness that i cant turn it up on the OSD, but with this HKC ill get better colours and contrast/brightness and be able to see clearly the 3 eyeballs and the joystick on 120hz.and 144hz? at 144hz you said that the ufo shakes vertically? but can you still see the 3 eyeballs and the stick?

Also did you try gaming at 144hz without any problem? on like for example on Overwatch or CSGO compare to the perfected 120hz?
on the OSD option does the monitor have "sharpness" and what else does it has?

Do i need to get a proper colour calibrator too?
im sorry if i ask to much and my bad grammar...

No problem man! I'm here to help ;)

Input lag: Ok once again, I can't measure input lag and say for sure that lag is less than Eizo, but only can compare that it doesn't use the black insertion frame feature that has lag.
-The blur tests look really nice despite that I don't use the 144hz. In gaming, it looks fine but I didn't use it long enough to decide if it caused a headache, I just set it to 120hz . It multiplies better with FILM
24, 30fps and 60fps are multiples of 120hz. 144 does not benefit me

The color i can confirm is much better as measured and contrast. Very few TVs will register a black level of 0.226 at 118cdm/2 :)

-I might try it later again, but I remember it was fine , other than it looking bad during testing.
- I would HIGHLY recommend you get a calibrator like ColorMunki display or Color munki cheap version and use DisplayCal . I think you can get it for 90.00
However, you can use my settings

You will need to go into the OSD and look for the (...) <-- symbol and press the upper right button on the OSD To select it then select the UK flag to get English . THEN set the settings to

Brightness 36
Contrast 50
Mode: Standard
G: 45
B: 42
Gamma 1
Nvidia control panel Gamma 1.05
Or AMD just up by 5% gamma

There is no control for sharpness, but it is dialed in CORRECTLY as long as you set the RGB and brightness , gamma appropriately. If you leave it at default, it will appear oversharp.

No problem man! I'm here to help ;)

Input lag: Ok once again, I can't measure input lag and say for sure that lag is less than Eizo, but only can compare that it doesn't use the black insertion frame feature that has lag.
-The blur tests look really nice despite that I don't use the 144hz. In gaming, it looks fine but I didn't use it long enough to decide if it caused a headache, I just set it to 120hz . It multiplies better with FILM
24, 30fps and 60fps are multiples of 120hz. 144 does not benefit me

The color i can confirm is much better as measured and contrast. Very few TVs will register a black level of 0.226 at 118cdm/2 :)

-I might try it later again, but I remember it was fine , other than it looking bad during testing.
- I would HIGHLY recommend you get a calibrator like ColorMunki display or Color munki cheap version and use DisplayCal . I think you can get it for 90.00
However, you can use my settings

You will need to go into the OSD and look for the (...) <-- symbol and press the upper right button on the OSD To select it then select the UK flag to get English . THEN set the settings to

Brightness 36
Contrast 50
Mode: Standard
G: 45
B: 42
Gamma 1
Nvidia control panel Gamma 1.05
Or AMD just up by 5% gamma

There is no control for sharpness, but it is dialed in CORRECTLY as long as you set the RGB and brightness , gamma appropriately. If you leave it at default, it will appear oversharp.
thanks for all this! regarding the sharpness for the edges and stuff i dont have to worry about it?, i have it max on my benq atm.
and i think i ran out of questions atm... is this the link you used to buy it from?HKC X3 23.5英寸144hz游戏cf电竞显示器24电脑液晶lol显示屏hdmi-tmall.com天猫

how does the monitor tilt? can you pull up and down the screen from the stand? tilt the screen so it face towards up or down? move the screen left/right and the base just aim towards you?

thanks for all this! regarding the sharpness for the edges and stuff i dont have to worry about it?, i have it max on my benq atm.
and i think i ran out of questions atm... is this the link you used to buy it from?HKC X3 23.5英寸144hz游戏cf电竞显示器24电脑液晶lol显示屏hdmi-tmall.com天猫

how does the monitor tilt? can you pull up and down the screen from the stand? tilt the screen so it face towards up or down? move the screen left/right and the base just aim towards you?

Yes, that is the link :)

-Basically if your calibration is set somewhat correctly, you will not see over or under sharpening.

Tilting and raising/lowering monitor is easy-- just push, or pull down!

I'm playing DOOM demo right now. OMG its so immersive! Compare to my IPS panel, it looks like a different game! I recommend you get some horror or dark fantasy games to try with this.
Same with Tomb Raider. The inside of caves are wonderful to look at.

Yes, that is the link :)

-Basically if your calibration is set somewhat correctly, you will not see over or under sharpening.

Tilting and raising/lowering monitor is easy-- just push, or pull down!

I'm playing DOOM demo right now. OMG its so immersive! Compare to my IPS panel, it looks like a different game! I recommend you get some horror or dark fantasy games to try with this.
Same with Tomb Raider. The inside of caves are wonderful to look at.
Ill let you know when i placed my order ;D

...anyone that pays more to ship the product from China than what the product itself cost is being taken. Period.

Shipping to the US was probably $20-30, if that -- shipping from China to the US is crazy dirt cheap. You paid the agent $100+. "No fees" my ass.

...anyone that pays more to ship the product from China than what the product itself cost is being taken. Period.

Shipping to the US was probably $20-30, if that -- shipping from China to the US is crazy dirt cheap. You paid the agent $100+. "No fees" my ass.
If you want to ship by boat and 6 mos. to wait? Then want a crushed package?? Ok for clothes. I am experienced with that. GO to USPS and enter in 20 lbs and large package. Then GO to DHL. Where are your quotes for 20.00? ?

I shipped my IPS monitor at the Korean post office for 200 dollars to send it back home, when I lived in Korea. It costed me 80 bucks but IPS monitors for that type were still 450 usd then. I know any service you pick its not gonna b cheap.

OK and where you gonna buy a 144hz VA panel 5000:1 +contrast ratio for this cheap?.. ok whatever . I'll be waiting!

Screen Shot 06-19-16 at 01.15 AM.PNG

From here, yeah. Carriers there don't charge /anything/ close to what a US carrier will ask. Also, you as a random guy off the street, yeah you'll pay more. You paid $80 from Korea. From China with a corporate account... again, $30. $50 maybe. Certainly not $140+.

It's better than Eizo in terms of input lag when comparing to black frame insertion. The black frames add double the lag, but create a smoother picture. In other ways, the color accuracy is far better 6 delta vs 0.42 deltaE and Contrast 5300:1 vs 4800:1 and also the price is halved.

Well, there's no way to turn off/on OD or on or off blur reduction. The monitor can go very bright. I'm using 36 brightness to reach 118.5 Cdm/2. I don't have to deal with a dark image . 120hz is perfected (can see 3 eyeballs and joystick), but the 144hz shakes vertically. So i recommend using 120hz in your PC.
you can run the eizo in regular mode, it probably has the same input lag as this monitor. black frame insertion isn't to make things smoother, it's a way to get around sample and hold and remove all motion blur other than natural panel motion blur. you can't compare factory default to calibrated.

you can run the eizo in regular mode, it probably has the same input lag as this monitor. black frame insertion isn't to make things smoother, it's a way to get around sample and hold and remove all motion blur other than natural panel motion blur. you can't compare factory default to calibrated.

Yea, i would not know the apples to apples comparison of input lag of the monitor. The only way to know is those really fancy tool that TFT has. It would really be nice if TFtcentral reviewed this too. I mentioned it to Simon a few times, he didn't seem interested in importing it. I thought he would, especially since he was interested but disappointed in Eizo's FG2421. Too bad for us! Btw, I looked into the black frame insertion simulation on Blur busters and that looks pretty good . Just don't think the extra lag would help my gaming performance. The Gsync demo looked gimmicky to me and I have never seen screen tearing even once since I built this new computer a year ago. I don't know how I would benefit? I mean, what excuse would I have to give to my monitor > Oh, I don't have Gsync.. i can't be a pro? I would need some heavy convincing. Too bad the only way to find out is to buy it, as you really can't get any good demos offline these days

silent-circuit[H]ardForum Junkie :
From here, yeah. Carriers there don't charge /anything/ close to what a US carrier will ask. Also, you as a random guy off the street, yeah you'll pay more. You paid $80 from Korea. From China with a corporate account... again, $30. $50 maybe. Certainly not $140+.

I want to get u a quote directly from China Post EMS to uSA but that calculator on their site is always down! But anyways, let's look at BenQ . Their TN 144hz 24" monitor goes for $270 before taxes and that's more expensive than the HKC x3. Someway or another, they will add the cost of logistics onto the monitor. I did not want to pay for an inferior $600 Eizo Fg2421 or the Benq that's a TN. You see, Eizo is a lot cheaper to Europeans. It costs my friend only 400 Euros. There is still no other option better , and you have not provided a better option. There is no company will not find a way to charge it down the pipeline to absorb shipping costs. So you could really pay no shipping but an inflated price for a monitor.

You can go to the site y ourself, as i told you.. But you did not.
At DHL their price was around 280-300 from China to USA. At least this Taobao agent discounted that price. I went through 5 agents and they all wanted me to pay the 20.00 paypal fee, 10% commission and also inflate the monitor to 2000 Yuan. The total price would have been over 400, but they still refused to ship it safely in a double box. If I really wanted to, I could fly to China and borrow a hotel address ship it there, and use it as luggage to go home with. If you can find an Agent who is willing to charge you 30.00

On another note, do you really think it costs $800 to produce an IPS panel? No, we're all getting raped somehow. Old tech is just going up just to piss off and rip off gamers. What about OLED? Passing on the savings? No, they just pass on the costs to us.

Last edited:
danzo does the hkc have this like contrast hot-spotting like the eizo fg2421 http://abload.de/img/ilmtkvb7ecfrvibs1o.jpg ?
i know hkc uses different panel from the eizo but im just wondering can you do a test on it with this image http://abload.de/img/stripes0lkay.png

ty again
OMG barff that's awful! I never saw anything that bad before, are u sure it's not just one person's panel? I did not see that in TFTcentral uniformity review.I can't believe Eizo would allow this.
the HKC x3 does not have this issue, it is perfectly fine, Thank God!

OMG barff that's awful! I never saw anything that bad before, are u sure it's not just one person's panel? I did not see that in TFTcentral uniformity review.I can't believe Eizo would allow this.
the HKC x3 does not have this issue, it is perfectly fine, Thank God!
haha thats good to know! also have you done the Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests test? at 120hz and 144hz?

^ Yes, I posted my answer already a few times.

120hz=Excellent, stable and no frame skipping
144hz= has vertical judder (shake), not recommended. =Overdrive is too strong

HOWEVER, Wayne Cheah who has posted a video of this screen has noted that he doesn't experience the same problem. This means that only some panels OR? Some setups may have this vertical judder issue. He concludes that he doesn't see performance gain at 144hz, so It's not likely to be a deal breaker if you can't use it.

^ Yes, I posted my answer already a few times.

120hz=Excellent, stable and no frame skipping
144hz= has vertical judder (shake), not recommended. =Overdrive is too strong

HOWEVER, Wayne Cheah who has posted a video of this screen has noted that he doesn't experience the same problem. This means that only some panels OR? Some setups may have this vertical judder issue. He concludes that he doesn't see performance gain at 144hz, so It's not likely to be a deal breaker if you can't use it.
yeah that test u were running was the ufo one right this is just to see something like this, tho you'll need a camera for this hmm
http://www.testufo.com/images/screenshots/frameskipping-good.jpg good result
http://www.testufo.com/images/screenshots/frameskipping-ugly.jpg bad result

^ Oh yea, I forgot I need a camera. Well, it appears to the naked eye that frames aren't skipping. I can't confirm that.

Anyone know of a way to test Input lag? Without spending money

^ Oh yea, I forgot I need a camera. Well, it appears to the naked eye that frames aren't skipping. I can't confirm that.

Anyone know of a way to test Input lag? Without spending money
from the instruction (Use 1/5th second exposure or longer to capture multiple squares. If camera exposure can't be raised, decrease camera ISO and/or reduce monitor brightness, to make camera do longer exposures. If you see only 1 or 2 white squares in your photo, try again.)

for the input lag im reading this atm Input Lag Testing - TFTCentral i guess u can try and do the stopwatch option to test and see the input lag differences.
Input lag test - FlatpanelsHD

Back