My GTX 1080 has died

Upon recheck of C and D:
C: 0.06
G: 0.05

Regarding the gate pins, you'll have to walk me through checking those, not sure what they are I'm afraid! I couldn't see any cracked or damaged capacitors but I'm not 100% sure.
I've attached some close ups.
Good to know, I'm pretty certain I was having issues with the memory before the card failed outright, I was getting artifacting when switching refresh rates. I'll sell it on if there's nothing else I can do!

I did contact MSI for that reason, they told me to contact Amazon. I don't think it'll go anywhere as it's out of warranty and I bought it second hand anyway. Here's a fun bonus, the day I decided to contact MSI and find out if the card was under warranty (because it was artifacting when switching refresh rates) was the day after the warranty expired.
The memory power fet packages on this card are Sinopower SM7320s. I've marked the gate pins on this picture. The red one is the low side, which can create a direct 0 ohm short to ground if it fails. The green one is the high side, which would initially create a short from the 12V input to the memory rail. The GPU processing logic usually survives this, but the memory rails seem to be more fragile. Note that there are two phases on the memory controller, so you'll need to check both.
458117_PXL_20210514_073128025.jpg

Check each one for a short to ground and for a short between the gate and the other pins on that package. As you can see from the datasheet (link below), there are two FETs in each package. One is the "high side" that switches the 12V on and off, and the other is the "low side" that switches the collapsing magnetic field energy from the choke back to the switch node. A failure of the low side FET in one of the SM7320s could create the problem you're seeing.
http://www.sinopowersemi.com/temp/SM7320ESQG_datasheet.pdf

If your multimeter probes are too fat to stab the terminals, you can undo a safety pin and put the probe through the hole to make a finer point. You'll have to hold the pins on the probes with your fingers, which will throw off your readings slightly, and you obviously shouldn't use this on live circuits with high voltage, but it works in the absence of super fine probes.

The memory power fet packages on this card are Sinopower SM7320s. I've marked the gate pins on this picture. The red one is the low side, which can create a direct 0 ohm short to ground if it fails. The green one is the high side, which would initially create a short from the 12V input to the memory rail. The GPU processing logic usually survives this, but the memory rails seem to be more fragile. Note that there are two phases on the memory controller, so you'll need to check both.
View attachment 356829

Check each one for a short to ground and for a short between the gate and the other pins on that package. As you can see from the datasheet (link below), there are two FETs in each package. One is the "high side" that switches the 12V on and off, and the other is the "low side" that switches the collapsing magnetic field energy from the choke back to the switch node. A failure of the low side FET in one of the SM7320s could create the problem you're seeing.
http://www.sinopowersemi.com/temp/SM7320ESQG_datasheet.pdf

If your multimeter probes are too fat to stab the terminals, you can undo a safety pin and put the probe through the hole to make a finer point. You'll have to hold the pins on the probes with your fingers, which will throw off your readings slightly, and you obviously shouldn't use this on live circuits with high voltage, but it works in the absence of super fine probes.
Thanks, I've tried pretty hard using saftey pins to get a reading from the pins you've marked but I'm unable to. Doesn't read zero just reads as if the probes aren't touching anything.
The other pins on the red row all give readings to ground, I can't get any readings on any of the pins on the green row.
Same results for the 2nd chip below.

Can't get any readings from the gate pins to any of the other pins either!

Thanks, I've tried pretty hard using saftey pins to get a reading from the pins you've marked but I'm unable to. Doesn't read zero just reads as if the probes aren't touching anything.
The other pins on the red row all give readings to ground, I can't get any readings on any of the pins on the green row.
Same results for the 2nd chip below.

Can't get any readings from the gate pins to any of the other pins either!
What happens if you touch the safety pin to the other probe? Does it read zero-ish then?

BAKE IT!!!!!

(does that still work)
do not bake it run mats/mods diag tool on a bootable usb 80% chance bad ram baking gpu will only kill it and no return fro. that point please people stop baking ur dam gpus lol got a 2080ti some moron bakes and killed and all it had was a bad vram controller

do not bake it run mats/mods diag tool on a bootable usb 80% chance bad ram baking gpu will only kill it and no return fro. that point please people stop baking ur dam gpus lol got a 2080ti some moron bakes and killed and all it had was a bad vram controller
I've never done it myself but there is a very long thread here about it and it seems to have worked for many people...who knows...for most people its a last ditch effort .

I'm assuming this won't work if the GPU isn't being detected by the machine at all?

I'm assuming this won't work if the GPU isn't being detected by the machine at all?
I guess it's worth a shot if you have another card to plug the monitor into, but chances are it wouldn't be detected, since the GPU isn't starting up at all.

Back