my friend wants me to get him a new pc

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
im on the fence phenom 9500 or 6400+ x2 he will not be overclocking he will not be using vmware he will only be playing games...

i wanted to some what future proof him by getting him the phenom then i read about the tlb issues... also i could install F@H for the [H] on it so that is a little side thing to consider.

i was planning on getting the 790x gigabyte board but i donno any more i would love to get him rocking a quad core... However he just wants it for games

he gave me these guide lines it has to play the witcher

he is currently using a socket 754 sempron 2600+ with 512 meg ram and a 6200 nvidia video card it plays the witcher just not well...

get him the Abit AX78, great board, great price.

if he doesn't have a lot pci stuff, get the gigabyte vresion of the 780G chipset, the sb700 is worth it.

go for 6400+

as a rule i dont want to use a mini atx board however that board is cheaper and i am curious if crossfire would work with the onboard video too

+1 for the 6400+. I will be getting one myself soon so I can postpone having to get Intel. :)

FYI it should trade blows with an E6750 in most games, which is more than enough performance to hold you over a year. Just be sure to get a case with very good airflow, because this processor runs very hot with a 125W TDP.

xigmatek is thermaltake. good stuff.

too bad you didnt wait the extra 5-10 days for phenom 9850.

either way your "friend" ill have a great pc.

xigmatek is thermaltake. good stuff.

too bad you didnt wait the extra 5-10 days for phenom 9850.

either way your "friend" ill have a great pc.

i herd the b3 were still broken... and he wanted to order them yesterday no matter what...

it's not 'broken' per se, but the TLB issue is nearly impossible to be replicated in desktop conditions. Does your friend run virtualization software? if not, don't worry about the 'broken' L3

i know when it says virutualization it is vmware and stuff like that but doesnt that also cover things like mame and scumm and snes and other emulators?

I would get either the 6400+ or the 9850 BE. Anything other than those 2 is a waste of money.

Back