My first venture into watercooling.

Vlad335

Gawd
i leak test on ink-jet printoffs, myself. the ink runs more easily, making any leaks that drip while i am away easier to spot.

DFI Daishi said:
i leak test on ink-jet printoffs, myself. the ink runs more easily, making any leaks that drip while i am away easier to spot.

Hey good idea! Someone told me that newspaper is good but that would be better.

Also, I put antifreeze in the loop so if I see dead cats in the house I know I have a leak.

Hey Vlad, I'm a carpenter by trade. Love the look of your raised panels. Hard to tell from the pics, but is the vertical trim to the right of the window mitered or coped onto the base?

Just recently did a house in all stained oak trim. The three piece crown in the great room measured 17 inches. The home owner paid $35,000 just for the raw wood trim, let alone cost of installation and staining and such.

plywood99 said:
Hey Vlad, I'm a carpenter by trade. Love the look of your raised panels. Hard to tell from the pics, but is the vertical trim to the right of the window mitered or coped onto the base?

Just recently did a house in all stained oak trim. The three piece crown in the great room measured 17 inches. The home owner paid $35,000 just for the raw wood trim, let alone cost of installation and staining and such.

I am not a capenter by any means but thank you. This turned out awesome. Probally because I used all oak trim and I used oak luan as well. (1/8") Hey it stains very well and is somewhat flexable. I know the panels are cheap but I can stain and finish and that covers a multitude of sins. Also, a Bostitch nailgun/compressor combo was one of the best things I ever bought.

Actually you can see the air hose in the 3rd picture. Just got it done and finished and I am hooked on watercooling now.

It looks 10 times better in person. As far as mitered or coped? I originally mitered 45 degree angles but that went right out the window when dealing with a 1930's house. I laid the bottom raised panel rail right on top of the existing oak baseboard and worked with the miter cuts as they came along.

Buy this shit!
www.compoundmiter.com

Great for people that don't know anything!

I like to work with wood much more than computers because its more forgiving and it smells much better when cutting it ;) Smelling the fumes of a lian li case makes you think you will be retarded in 10 years.

plywood99 said:

17" layered crown from the ceiling to the wall? Damn! Must be one helleva big room.

35 grand is kinda ridiculous. I am learning that trim work is kind of an art though. Not everyone can do it or even wants to try. My best friends brother is a contractor and he wanted to hire me when he came over here. LOL!

I am slow and meticulous. I am a RN. This is my house so I can take my time. Never want to bang this stuff out. Don't think I could do this as a job because I wouldn't be productive.

Vlad335 said:
I like to work with wood much more than computers because its more forgiving and it smells much better when cutting it ;) Smelling the fumes of a lian li case makes you think you will be retarded in 10 years.
now now, you should know as well as i that aluminium oxide fumes are linked to alzheimer's, not retardation.

nice looking wall, though.

not my favourite lian-li, but good choice of case, none the less.

DFI Daishi said:
now now, you should know as well as i that aluminium oxide fumes are linked to alzheimer's, not retardation.

nice looking wall, though.

not my favourite lian-li, but good choice of case, none the less.

Very true. I stand corrected

Alzhiemers is not retardation. If you ever dealt with Alzheimers patients you would pray that they were just mearly retarded. Alzheimers doesn't listen and doesn't follow any commands. When the sun goes down they want to wander and get violent with any perceived control. The only way that they can be controlled is to shut down most of their brain waves with the miracles of modern medicine.

Hopefuly Lian Li took this in account and applied an anti alzheimers coating to their aluminum...

I know... I snort a shitload of Lian Li so I remain hopefull.

my turn to stand corrected: you know it BETTER than i.

rough job you do sometimes. i only ever have to deal with sick family, and sick customers for a few hours when they pass through.

Vlad335 said:
Sorry.

I did resize the pics and their still freaken huge!

Do you have PhotoShop? It really does work. Or PhotoShop Essentials is cool too.

DFI Daishi said:
i only ever have to deal with sick family, and sick customers for a few hours when they pass through.

ROFL...Are you a MD or a mortician? I'm a RN too.

Vlad335 said:
The other night did the testing thing outside the case for the first time and water shot everywhere when I fired up the PSU. Shlt! Water came from one of the CPU block return fittings. Needless to say I was very worried about the push on fittings. I pushed in the hoses using Ultra He-Man super power and I am pretty sure that they are tight now. :shrug: I still don't like the push on stuff but this will be replaced in the future.

Go to the Legris site to see the installation animations. Some of the pneumatic fittings have two points of resistance.

No problem... This project will have the grill below holding the rad to the top anyway. Just waiting for customs brokers to do their thing. Hurry up Germany! Hey Topnurse!

YGPM about Sharka stock order :D

Top Nurse said:
ROFL...Are you a MD or a mortician? I'm a RN too.
i guessed as much, with your handle.

i am neither. i just sometimes have to teach/instruct/supervise special needs goups that come through the pool once in a while. hence only for a few hours, and only once in a while.

as for familty.......grandmother was getting some weird behaviour alterations as recurring TIAs piled up brain damaged. it hit her motor planning ability the worst, making the diagnosis atypical parkinsonism, but spontanious undressing, temper tantrums, inexplicabel mood swings were also a wonderfull little treat that went with it. the worst was when the doctor decided to cut off her anti-depressants cold turkey. spasms, inability to speak properly or focus her eyes properly.....just weird to see, and i think foolish on the doc's part for not weaning her.

oh atypical parkinson's was the doc's diagnosis.

getting rather far away from the topic of watercooling, though.

Back