My first mod!!

grjr

[H]ard|Gawd
This is my first mod and I just had to show it off hence this thread being created :) It's real basic but I think it's a huge improvement over the original case. Speaking of the original case here is what it looked like before:

Original

What I did to it was cut out a window, cut out the front fan "grill" and paint the case blue. I also changed the power LED to a dual color LED that lights green when the comp is powered on and lights red when the comp is sleeping. So here is the finished product:

Zombie

So what do you guys think?

I like it. :)

That's a good way to make a plain case look great.

Btw, is there plexi behind the window? Prolly a stupid question, but it doesn't look like it in one of the pics... :confused:

Edit: It looks like you should take a can of compressed air to that heat sink... Might help temps a little :D

Actually I haven't picked up a piece of plexi yet but will soon :eek:

There is no rear fan, it's an old case and back when I bought it not many cases had cut outs for rear fans. The PSU has two fans, one in the back and one right above the cpu so that helps. I'm not really worried about temps though cause I don't plan on oc'ing any.

For a first mod, pretty good, although it lacks that special something. But that comes with eperience. Give it another 5 mods and you've got it.

pretty good so far, now get some CCFL's and clean up those wires and u'll have a good looking computer :D

looks a hell of a lot better than my first case mod. i ended up trashing the panel and just putting a 19" box in it's place.

Back