My First Mod: Adding CCFLs to the TT Tsunami Front Door

blink182prj

Weaksauce
I'll let the pics speak for themselves. This is the first time I have done anything like this, but I am fairly satisfied with the result. The only thing that bothers me is the gap in lighting between the two 4" CCFLs on the top any ideas how to fix that without adding more lights? I ground down the ends of the CCFLs as much as I could with a dremel, but it still looks kind of funky.

Oh well, pics:

With Flash

Without Flash

Full Shot

In any case, it looks much better than those crappy LEDs that come stock.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too bright for my taste.

Excellent mod idea though.

The camera makes it look a lot more bright than it really is. In reality, it is a nice soft glow, which was the idea. They are much less bright than the LEDs which shone very brightly all the way across my room onto my bed. Not fun...

you would either have to cross the llights one in frton of the other - did you conside s 12' light? or would it not fit ?

you could try to put some type of reflective material (tin foil?) in behind the lights, that could help.

You might want to think about upgrading that mouse pad. Sure, its bigger than any on the market, but I cant imagine its that good for gaming.

ninethreeeleven said:
You might want to think about upgrading that mouse pad. Sure, its bigger than any on the market, but I cant imagine its that good for gaming.

:D LOL! I brought the whole rig downstairs to test the ethernet ports on my wired router because for some reason my internet was on the fritz. The camera happened to be there so I snapped the pics.

A 12" would not fit; two 4" barely fit. SVC Compucycle sells *' CCFLs, but they only had UV.I thought about trying some reflective material. Tin foil might work well, I shall experiment later. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back