My first major mod

MoDsOuRcEdOtNeT

Limp Gawd
Time to get pics of my first major mod. :wink: Sorry about any downtime or slow loading, ive got them hosted on my home apache box.

Getting the case (Cheifitec Dragon) all 26 pounds of it
01.09.04-23:06:53casenew.JPG

01.09.04-23:06:59packagingcase.JPG

Random parts laying around not to be painted
01.09.04-23:07:13301103-chieftec001.jpg

Getting it ready to be professionly painted for free :LOL:
01.09.04-23:07:24301103-chieftec002.jpg

Painted
01.09.04-23:08:55case001.JPG

My expensive Thermaltake 480W PSU
case003.JPG

Can kinda see the parts
case004.JPG

Can see my sleeving job on my HSF wires :p
case005.JPG

Really blurry but my 80+20 GB HDD's sleeving job
case006.JPG

Some lighting
case008.JPG

For anyone that cares specs are,
AMD 2500+
512 Ram
Radeon 9200
80 + 20 GB HDD's
Thermaltake 480W PSU
52x32x52 CD-RW
Fan speed controllers
Logitech Wireless Duo Mouse/Keyboard
and..... One crappy digital camera

Feel free to comment or ask questions, you have the right to free speech :roll:

It now ways just under 80 pounds

you got a few [x ] :( anyhow the window case looked pretty good, nothing horribly originial but nice and clean.

anyhow how do you get that bitch to weigh 80 pounds?

i am planning to buy the antec version of that case which weighs 30 pounds w/ just the psu. are you using water cooling? i mean are the guts of a computer really that heavy and i just never noticed? (i'm just too strong so i think many things like cars and refrigerators light weight ;))

my enermax case weighs 40lbs with nothing in it...not even a power supply

Originally posted by Niku
my enermax case weighs 40lbs with nothing in it...not even a power supply

i mean i got no problems with it being heavy, cuz i mean a well built case is going to be heavy. my question is: how heavy is all the junk you put INTO the case?

Originally posted by Dome
i mean i got no problems with it being heavy, cuz i mean a well built case is going to be heavy. my question is: how heavy is all the junk you put INTO the case?

beats me...want me to go weigh it?

No way that thing weighs 80 pounds, I have the same steel case but I haven't cut it up to add a window to it yet, I also have 6 hard drives, 3 optical drives, and one monster slk-800, a 9600 aiw, a raid controller, an ide controller, the all important floppy, 6 case fans, a 550 watt true control power supply with the bay thing installed, and the sucker weighs in around 60 pounds.

ok my scale is screwed up...i weighed it with all my stuff in it and it said it weighed less than it did with all my stuff in it....and i want leaning aginst it or any thing the first time i weighed it....

i'm just going to say its heavy...heaviest case i have ever owned

Back