My First Lian Li

xplicit

[H]ard|Gawd
I snagged this Lian Li PC61 a few days ago from Crazy PC. The laser cut window is premod/custom, but incredibly accurate.

pc61.jpg

I like it better than the typical window that comes on a PC-65B. It shows less of the drive cages, etc...

Originally posted by BIGJEFF
Ahhh premod :rolleyes:

Lets see your hot little Xaser sir :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Wharf_Rat
Lets see your hot little Xaser sir :rolleyes:

pwned!

i like the case, it looks sweet, with a green CCFL behind it it would look even better!

dont make fun of someones premod if your case looks like shit and is premodded

Originally posted by eli
dont make fun of someones premod if your case looks like shit and is premodded

Are you refering to me? First of all I wasnt making fun of anything. Secondly, if you cant tell noob I did alot mods to my case. Lets see your work of art.

Are you refering to me? First of all I wasnt making fun of anything. Secondly, if you cant tell noob I did alot mods to my case. Lets see your work of art.

adding a LCD, musketeer and some CCFLs is not really MODDING.

did you cut the window your self? no.

did you wire the LCD yourself? honestly, i don't know, looks like it was bought that way to me.

also, you cable management looks poor, so i think you are the n00b here :rolleyes:

lol i love it. You are wrong but I dont really care you can think what you want. I built my lcd box by had. My wiring is clean as hell. I have no idea how you can tell by those pics. But anywas, who care you are a loser and in real life I'd bet you would not even say anything to my face cause it would be lights out for you. These forums used to be cool. Now they are over run with little kids trying to be e-thugs. This is the only place people liek you could talk like this to people like me. Im done, talk all the shit you want cause I dont care.

i couldn't really tell if your wiring was poor, i just looks bad in those pics.

you built your own LCD *claps* good for you! (seriously, like i said before i said i didn't know)

at least you didn't try to tell me you cut the window yourself :p

i wasn't trying to flame you per se..IMO you shouldn't have made fun of him for a pre-mod case, when your's IS a pre-mod (using the :rolleyes: is considered sarcasm to many people here)

so i apologize for coming off kinda harsh. and again kudos to you for wiring your own LCD...lord knows i couldn't do it :p

I like the premod Lian Li :D

IMHO I don't like the way the TT Xaser looks

Originally posted by Luke2004
Whats the big deal with Lian Li cases? i think they totally suck

Now now, jealousy will get you nowhere. I suppose you could think Ferraris suck too. :p

-MrD

Originally posted by MrDigital
Now now, jealousy will get you nowhere. I suppose you could think Ferraris suck too. :p

-MrD

Im not jealous though! I just said what the big deal with them they dont look that good!

And tot he other eply up there somewhere! Why would i own one if i didnt like them?

Oh and Ferraris dont suck :D

Ahhh premod :rolleyes:

BIGJEFF's Sig:

Asus A7N8X
AMD Athlon XP 2400
(2) Samsung 512MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM
WD 80gig / Maxtor 40gig
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB
Audigy 2 Platinum
Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM
Yamaha 44/24/44 CDRW
Tt XaserII w/ 5 CC and rear switch
External LCD in custom box

Are you refering to me? First of all I wasnt making fun of anything. Secondly, if you cant tell noob I did alot mods to my case. Lets see your work of art.[/B]

yes you were, mr. holier than thou

Originally posted by BIGJEFF These forums used to be cool. Now they are over run with little kids trying to be e-thugs.[/B]

I know exactly what you mean. People coming into someone elses thread about how excited they are to own a new Lian Li w/ a pre-modded window and someone says "premod :rolleyes:" ... i hate when that happens

Basically if you dont have something nice to say or some type of constructive criticism, go somewhere else, your kind isnt wanted here.

ON TOPIC:

I really like that case. That windows is one amazing work of art too. Congrats on a great purchase.

Todd

big jeff sounds just like the e-thugs he claims are over-running the forum, especially his little threat of physical harm because someone didnt like his but ugly fucking case.

Originally posted by corrosive23
big jeff sounds just like the e-thugs he claims are over-running the forum, especially his little threat of physical harm because someone didnt like his but ugly fucking case.
pwned!! :D

ok ok ok ok. I wasnt going to respond to the comments of kids but now I will. I live in NY so please come pwn me. I know none of you will but I'm sure you will sit on your computers and be tough.

ok ok ok ok. I wasnt going to respond to the comments of kids but now I will. I live in NY so please come pwn me. I know none of you will but I'm sure you will sit on your computers and be tough.
:rolleyes:

The point is...don't diss someboyd's pre-mod case if your own case is more pre-modded than theirs. In other words, DON'T BE A FUCKING HYPOCRITE.

I like it better than the typical window that comes on a PC-65B. It shows less of the drive cages, etc...

Agreed. I am a past owner of a PC65B and I will say that while I liked the factory window FOR WHAT IT WAS.....this is much nicer.

Whats the big deal with Lian Li cases? i think they totally suck

Alright, I'll excuse the fact that you're being kinda rude here and come at this realistically and unbiased.

People purchase and oogle over Lian-Li cases for different reasons then a lot of people around here. Lian-Li's are in the same arena as CM's.....sleek, simply, and sexy. Nobody ever said a case has to be loaded up the ass with CCFL's and LED fans to be classy or nice lookin'. Another reasons a lot of people (like myself) like LiLi's is because they are basically blank slates.....just asking to be cut up. Some people like to see their case with a certain level of distinction.....something that makes it stand out, those are typically the people that WILL buy an Xaser or Super Alien case. Let's face it, not everyone has an undying urge to mod their cases.....and they shouldn't have to. Lian-Li and Coolermaster are kind of in a playing field of their own. They are appealing to modders because of that classy "blank look" while at the same time attracting to the average joe because they do carry a certain level of good looks and style..........although it IS an acquired taste. So, without being rude or presumptuous I'd just like to say that you'd fall more under the class of "average joe" in this case (no pun intended).....just based on that initial comment of yours. I however, come from the other end of the spectrum and see Lian-Li cases as something more. I like a nice looking stock case, but I also want to be able to mod it, and with these I can have just that.....and I'm happy that I've got a PC61B on the way within the next couple weeks. :D

adding a LCD, musketeer and some CCFLs is not really MODDING.

This is something that has been discussed over and over in these forums for months and months. Someone like yourself is coming at this from the [h]ardcore modders POV.....where something should be physically cut up or put togethor to be "counted". While there's nothing wrong with that school of though, it can't apply to everyone and you can't expect people to just conform to it. TECHNICALLY a mod is just that, a modification.....which is to change or alter something to our preferance from it's original form. Now, a lot of people still see CCFL's and LED fans to be a poor excuse for a mod and I can say that I agree with them.....to a degree. Something that is just plugged in like a CCFL is more of a customization or addition to alter to look of the computer as a whole.....not the physical case. If someone buys a case with a factory cut window and adds a neon, it is more customized then it is modded. However, I digress. If you want to actually call your CASE modded then I do believe that the CASE itself must be changed or altered in some way shape or form (paint, window, blowhole). I don't consider myself a hardcore modder because my upcoming Lian-Li will be my first true CASE mod.....but I couldn't be happier.

also, you cable management looks poor, so i think you are the n00b here

I think I can see it too but that's no reason to be rude. Not everyone has the time or ambition to hide the wiring in their case.....and they should not be repremanded for it. Most people look at a computer and really don't care about the LOOKS.....if it works it works. Coming from different points of view, people like you and I are able to see "faults" in things that most others would not. Again, this doesn't make someone a "newb", it just means that their priorities and/or skills may lie elsewhere. Please don't be so quick to judge.

true, they look too flashy for my taste

As they do to myself. Something like the Xaser obviously isn't meant for everyone. Most people might just want their computer to look "cool" and distinct, while others would rather take pride in knowing that THEY did that.....no matter what it looks like. Both parties are equally as valid and credible, just different.

Im not jealous though! I just said what the big deal with them they dont look that good!

Again, read what I posted above about the Lian-Li's and hopefully you'll see where some of us are coming from.

I really like that case. That windows is one amazing work of art too. Congrats on a great purchase.

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Lian-Li and I really like the look of that window myself.....especially the quality of the cuts and accuracy of the design. Truely nice indeed, now light it up. :D

Dude, you're starting to become what it is that you've been "preaching" against.....what's going on? Who are you??? I think you'd agree that it wouldn't make sense for someone to say one thing and then do the complete opposite. If you want peoples respect you've gotta give some out first, nothing's free.

Congrats BIGJEFF you are sigged for the month of March

While I did get a little chuckle out of that.....it's hardly appropriate. I hate to say it but you're actually showing everyone else YOUR integrity and character by "sigging him" like that. While it might seem like a joke to you, I'd look at that and think "What an ass". Nothing personal.....that's just how I'd react, and I'm sure others would too.

I hope I've been SOME help here and I really hope that some of this can get straightened out. Nobody deserves to have their thread about a new case turn into a flame war between two guys fighting over something of their own. I do believe it's healthy to let someone know if they "rub you the wrong way" but it's also important to take note of everyone else in here and maybe sort this out between you via PMs.....instead of making this guys thread look bad.

Rule number one, don't be a prick. (You know if you are, don't act like you don't know it.)

Originally posted by FrgMstr
Rule number one, don't be a prick. (You know if you are, don't act like you don't know it.)

Is this being directed at anyone in particular??? FrgMstr or are you just making a general statement. Maybe I'm just to damn curious for my own good but it really gets at me when people act subt about something that I MIGHT have something to do with. Its hard to tell how someone might be interpreting what you say so you never really know.

If you're not sure if he was talking to you he probably wasn't. Hence the "You know if you are" bit.

Nice clean case. I'm thinking I'll break and get a Lian-Li of my own someday.

Originally posted by frank b
Nice clean case. I'm thinking I'll break and get a Lian-Li of my own someday.

Break what??? The bank? :p

Funny thing is that that very well could be.....darned things sure are pricey, I'll give 'em that. :rolleyes:

I'll stick with my reasonably priced Antecs...anyhow it's always nice when Kyle puts everybody in their place :D

Cornelious, I read your whole post and I agree with you in a few areas. I just want to clarify a couple things. One, I dont care about getting anyones respect on here. It means nothing to me. This is the internet where everyone is a hardass in their own minds. As far as me being a "e-thug" I am far from it. I am not threating anyone or anything like that so lets get that straight. But, I do not care what anyone on here has to say or who they think they are. Its like I said, this is the internet and everyone on here can be a hardass but only on here. In real life this would not have happened. That is all I have to say on this thread. If I offended that thread starter I apologize. As for the rest of you who have a problem I could care less.

Wow, I've never seen anyone so set into that "I don't care" mindset. I can understand WHY you wouldn't but I just can't grasp the thought of being like that personally so I guess it's just me.

If you don't care about other people on here that's fine.....but it might not be the smartest thing to say in some other guys thread if he's ASKING for help and opinions.

I completely respect your point of view and I'm not putting you down in any way, just trying to understand.

Here's my take on the whole premod vs Modded debate. In a different context. For those of you that haven't read it the first time I posted it.

Right now I'm working on a 1961 F100 Pickup truck which I plan on making into one fast little half ton. Start with just a N/A 351 Cleveland but work my way up to Forced Induction. Now this thing is light as Hell (3200 pounds) and with that engine it'll blow the doors off of a stock F150 Lightning. Don't know about the one that's due to come out next model year but it'd whip an '01 to '03. Now so far I've put about two weeks (not all together) into this pickup and I've only got it partially dismantled. It doesn't even have a flipping radio or A/C which I'm going to have to add myself too. Now all that work I put into that classic truck to make it fast and look nice, does that make a Lightning any less badass? I mean a Lightning comes as it does from Ford's factory.

Back