My first IPS panel - Acer XB270HU

So I finally convinced myself to make the jump to an IPS panel, and obviously spent extra to get a gaming model. I can't believe that I waited this long to try IPS.

The image quality is excellent, which I'm sure is partly due to the increased resolution. I did spend the time to calibrate the unit, and there are no defects that I've found yet. Although I will add that the front of the bezel is rather flimsy, not something I expected based on past Acer models that I've used.

And while I don't need two 27" 1440P panels, the quality difference between this and my old 24" 1080P TN panel is making me consider finding another 27" IPS panel to use as a secondary screen. Although the second screen wouldn't need to be a Gsync model.

I've only had it up and running 3 days so far, but I'm very happy.

I used to have the panel. Even with dead pixels its a decent monitor. The base is absolute trash though, get yourself an Ergotron or similar monitor arm.

My only issue with IPS is the native contrast isn't all that great... Speaking of which... Why is that the case?

I've been using an Ergotron dual monitor arm for years now. I didn't even take the base out of the box.

So I finally convinced myself to make the jump to an IPS panel, and obviously spent extra to get a gaming model. I can't believe that I waited this long to try IPS.

The image quality is excellent, which I'm sure is partly due to the increased resolution. I did spend the time to calibrate the unit, and there are no defects that I've found yet. Although I will add that the front of the bezel is rather flimsy, not something I expected based on past Acer models that I've used.

And while I don't need two 27" 1440P panels, the quality difference between this and my old 24" 1080P TN panel is making me consider finding another 27" IPS panel to use as a secondary screen. Although the second screen wouldn't need to be a Gsync model.

I've only had it up and running 3 days so far, but I'm very happy.
I've been using a ips panels since... 2011 I think or 2012.

TN never looks to me anymore

I couldn't handle my 24" TN panel that I was using as a second monitor any longer. Aside from the resolution differences between the primary 1440P screen, the viewing angle also changed after adding the 27" screen which just made it even more painful to use. So I added a second IPS, the ACER k272HUL. Love the thin bezel. Overall a very nice monitor, and it's great having a pair of IPS panels.

Back