My final thoughts on the CM Storm Sentinel

ar55x

n00b
So after using the CM Storm Sentinel for a week I decided to return it.

Here’s what killed it for me:

• Middle button is too low and is very hard to press on the fly in-game
  • Left and right main buttons just feel slow. I did basic tests in CS:S to see how quickly it took me to zoom with the AWP and my DeathAdder was much faster
  • Side buttons are too close together and are also tough to press

What I did like about it:

• Great drivers
  • Profile and DPI switching on the fly
  • Ergo shape was very comfortable

Thus far I’ve tried the Sidewinder, DeathAdder and now the Storm.

My search for the perfect FPS mouse continues... going to try out the G9 next.

when you say the buttons are slower than your previous mouse is it really that noticable?

I was just looking at that mouse the other night.. looks more comfortable than my g5. Need a new mouse for my other rig, Has anyone else tried the sentinel yet?

My search for the perfect FPS mouse continues... going to try out the G9 next.

If you have a claw grip, the G9 would be nice. If you have a palm grip I recommend my current mouse. The Razer Mamba. It's pricey but worth it. I wanted the Sentinel also, but went with the Mamba when someone had it listed in the FS thread.

when you say the buttons are slower than your previous mouse is it really that noticable?

I was just looking at that mouse the other night.. looks more comfortable than my g5. Need a new mouse for my other rig, Has anyone else tried the sentinel yet?

Maybe I described it wrong -- IMO the buttons require more effort to press down, especially the middle one (almost unusable). Again, this does not fit my particular playing style but it may for others.

EDIT -- Just got the G9 delivered to my office. Been playing around with it and turns out after so many years of I didn't realize I naturally have a claw grip - this thing contours perfectly to the way I ideally want to hold a mouse. Going to give full feedback after I get home and play a few rounds of CS:S but so far I have my fingers crossed this may be the mouse for me :)

Last edited:
Back