My experience with Frozencpu.com

phobos182

n00b
I ordered about $70 worth of items from Frozencpu.com. Some PC-ICE. Some tubing, and clamps. Some other misc. items.

I selected two day shipping, and placed the order around 5:00 CST on there website. To my excitement, I recieved an email that night telling me that the order was packed, and shipped! I would get the order on monday. That's fast.

Fast Forward >> Monday
I look on my porch to see the package, and open it up. Everything about the order was correct except my tubing. They send me the wrong size clamps, and tubing. So I called them via there 800 telephone number, and after a 5 minute conversation regarding the items, they said they would ship the correct item to me via 2day post with no charge, and a return package. I just got the package yesterday witht he correct tubing, and clamps!

That's service. How a company treats the customer when an order messed up speaks more volume for a company that anything I know. I'll be ordering from these guys in the future, because they know how to treat their customers.

i've delt with them before

my first set of CCFL's blew up and took a led fan with it, so i call them, tell them the situation...i send back the busted parts

couple days later i recieve new CCFL's that work but they didn't give me a new fan...i just said ok screw that, and i havn't ordered from there since.

i think they overcharge for a lot of things too tbh

they got a huge selection and many products that no one carries, but IMO i think the prices are somewhat high. I check out frozen only when i cant find something anywhere else.

same There service and all is good but their prices are a bit high and they are in NY so for me I have to pay taxes.

I've made two or three orders from there. They did a good job with each of the orders. They forgot to pack a CCFL that they were supposed to send me on my first order, but they fixed it quick like. They are a bit pricey, though.

i think every order from frozencpu they screw up something. sent me wrong molex pins last time for example. but every time, they are excellent about sending the right thing out.

Yeah, their service is really good although their price can be on the high side. However, if you catch them on some of their sales, then the prices can be pretty good.
Because of their service, I have come to trust, jab-tech and them for my cooling and modding needs. For high price pc parts, I newegg most of the time, although monarch is beginning to win me over (from my first bad experience with them).

Over the last year I've purchased more than $1000 from them for several builds I've worked on... here's the horror story:

Order 1: they screwed up the radiator and fittings I odered. RMAed them, this time they sent the right radiator but still screwed the fittings. On the third try, they got it right.
Order 2: they found their inventory count to be off so they replaced an item with a lesser item, worth less and didn't credit my card... or call to check if the replacement was acceptable.
Order 3: they sent blue CCFTs instead of white CCFTs.

After a couple e-mails with the president and the shipping/RMA manager they made everything okay with me... Great service on mis-shipped items (you just have to deal with the right people), although I have to say they need to fire Mike and Bobby (the names stamped as order picker and verifyer on my packing lists).

Morgan there (the Innovatek guy) is great as is Jeff and Mark... Mike and Bobby should be fired as they can't read an invoice or SKU or save their lives.

Overall:

Pros:
Great selection
Remarkably fast shipping
Wonderful Customer Service (from RMA manager and president)
Remarkable service on import items (from Morgan)

Cons:
Slightly higher than average prices
Shipping clerks that don't know a 2x120 radiator from a 2x80 to save their lives (or the difference between OD and ID)

Still, I recommend F-CPU for good service and for giving the illiterate a job.

If you're looking to buy a lot of items, F-CPU is great since they stock most of what you're looking for (you'll save on shipping)... if you're just looking to buy one item at a time, you'll find it cheaper.

I bought a couple HSFs from them without issue. However I did have an issue with a Silverstone SG-01B I bought from them. The case looked used. It has a couple scratches on the outside and inside and a misaligned power button. Like it was used for a review or something and knocked around. Not what you expect to get for a $160 case.

After I returned the case for evaluation and refund they still took 15% of my money. I did not complain I just won't do business with them again. They lost me right then and there.

Performance PCs and Jabtech are much better IMHO than Frozen CPU in pricing and service.

I think they are crooks. My buddy ordered something then changed his mind right away. There is no option to cancel an order with them. He showed me on the website it says contact us by phone email blah blah. Orders cant be cancelled by phone email blah blah. Basically order ships, you have to send back minus 15% restock fee. Anyone who tries to avoid cancelling orders no matter how soon the cancel is asked for are crooks. He called them and they told him even though the order was placed minutes before they could not cancel it. I avoid them all because of his experience with them.

as long as processing takes, they could canel any order. Maybe i expect a little much from a retailer but jeez he would have got took for something like 45 dollars on a 300 dollar order. I convinced him to keep it and that i would vouch for this particular WC being adequate.

The first 2 orders I placed with them went fine. The third never showed up, and after 3 or 4 phone calls and 6 emails I never got my order. Never again.

A 15% restocking fee is pretty standard, though.

kvn5000 said:
I think they are crooks. My buddy ordered something then changed his mind right away. There is no option to cancel an order with them. He showed me on the website it says contact us by phone email blah blah. Orders cant be cancelled by phone email blah blah. Basically order ships, you have to send back minus 15% restock fee. Anyone who tries to avoid cancelling orders no matter how soon the cancel is asked for are crooks. He called them and they told him even though the order was placed minutes before they could not cancel it. I avoid them all because of his experience with them.

as long as processing takes, they could canel any order. Maybe i expect a little much from a retailer but jeez he would have got took for something like 45 dollars on a 300 dollar order. I convinced him to keep it and that i would vouch for this particular WC being adequate.

I accidentally ordered a case and then cancelled it by email :confused:

I've always had good service from Frozen regardless. While their prices are higher in general and a little more on Innovatek goods (than High Speed PC), they have a good selection and service. I only use Priority Mail when buying from anywhere though, so it's usually fast and relatively cheap.

kvn5000 said:
I think they are crooks. {snip}

I think that's a bit harsh--and unfair. It says right on their web page that all orders placed before 6pm ship out that same day. It would seem that in order to guarantee that kind of promptness they couldn't just wait around to make sure that people really did mean to order what they did--and I'd much sooner have a company that ships promptly. I hate waiting for stuff! It also says in big bold red letters that they expect their customers to educate themselves about products before they order. And a 15% restocking fee is pretty standard. I don't see how any of them makes them "crooks"

There are few other places that have the selection and the customization that FrozenCPU offers. I've ordered two PSUs from them (among other things) simply because they're one of the few places that will custom sleeve all the wiring for you. The last PSU I ordered they sleeved and shipped the wrong PSU, but they had that fixed within three days--pretty fast if you ask me--especially for a custom job. They'll continue to be one of the first places I look at when I need moddin' stuff!

willie92 said:
I think that's a bit harsh--and unfare. It says right on their web page that all orders placed before 6pm ship out that same day.

Thats what psd my buddy off so much. He ordered at ten at night. He called them first thing in the morning, five minutes after their posted opening time. They still would not cancel the order with him on the phone. They said it was too late. When asked well where is my tracking number then, they stated they would have it by 6pm. I even had to laugh about this, what A##holes.

willie92 said:
It also says in big bold red letters that they expect their customers to educated themselve about products before they order. And a 15% restocking fee is pretty standard. I don't see how any of them makes them "crooks"!

Many people dont read the cancel and other policy's before ordering. Mostly due to them being uniform. They do that on purpose, leave out the cancel form i mean. I myself can even admit that i have been guilty of not reading everything before.

Speaking of educated customers, not everyone is educated, much like your spelling of unfair and quite a few other words in your post leads me to wonder about you.

willie92 said:
I think that's a bit harsh--and unfare.

Not to be the spelling police but think about it, who goes over every inch of a web page. Most websites are using standard order forms that all include a cancel function. A cancellation is a normal everyday used item, why remove it or even fail to include it if not for other reasons. A respectable retailer should take cancel requests when the customer calls, when they flat out refuse even though it is impossible that the order has shipped is bs. I know the 15% is normal people, thats not the point. Its how they lock you into the 15% when they shouldnt then sell the same stuff as new. Like the guy who said he thought he got a used case.

It reeks of an extra source of income for them.

i personally think they are a bit shady from what i heard, and i will never order from them ever again

After reading back over this thread i noticed incomplete, incorrect, and flat out missing items. WTF? This is just from a few of us forum users. What if you examined all of their order shipments. The percentages cant be good.

kvn5000 said:
After reading back over this thread i noticed incomplete, incorrect, and flat out missing items. WTF? This is just from a few of us forum users. What if you examined all of their order shipments. The percentages cant be good.

they screwed up my order also (wrong parts sent) and they screw the military royally on FPO shipping costs! :(

You know, I'm the first to admit I've had some problems with F-CPU in the past. I still shop there because they've always made the problems right by me, they have extremely fast shipping and a great selection of items.

As for the prices, when I place an order for a few hundred bucks I'm going to save in the long run by buying everything from one company and only paying shipping once.

Now, as far as they being "crooks" because they wouldn't let you cancel, they don't have a cancel form on the page, and they charge a restocking fee. Maybe your friend should be sure he wants what he's purchasing before assuming he can just order and cancel 15 minutes later.

Restocking fees are actually fairly common these days (especially on-line but even many brick-and-mortars charge them). I've previously explained the purpose of restocking fees and how RMAs affect the bottom line of a business (especially a nitche one like F-CPU). Before purchasing from ANY company that you feel there is a chance you'll need to return an item to, check the returns policy. Or is "Computer Retailer X" also "crooks" for not accepting returns on opened software or hardware more than 30-days old? Are they "crooks" if the clerk doesn't read to you the returns policy on every transaction? Maybe someone needs to do some research instead of expecting to be spoon-fed.

If your friend had bothered to read the purchase policies:

Frozen CPU said:
Can I modify/add to my order?
Due to the sheer volume of orders we recieve it is policy that the order is absolutely final and cannot be changed after being placed. We will not accept cancellations through the phone, email or fax.

Frozen CPU said:
Why is there a restocking fee on my return?
The restocking fees we apply to returns are not to profit off of the process but to simply cover the replacement/labor costs as well as to discourage meaningless returns.

Frozen CPU said:
What if I ordered the wrong item?
If you realize you have ordered the incorrect item, you have 14 days time after delivery of the order to return a product for a refund/store credit. A 15% restocking fee is applied to all returned products for a refund/store credit. Please note that the customer is responsible for shipping said items back to our offices and the original shipping price cannot be refunded. We will only accept items for a return if they are still packaged and in acceptable return condition. Otherwise, items will be shipped back to the customer.

Sorry... I can't find a FAQ about "What do I do,other than complaining on forums, if I decided I shouldn't have ordered what I did?"

Somebody works for em or something.

Please read the thread again, you obviously by your edit topic cant spell nor read, All answers you are seeking are in the above, thank you for the redundancy for those who wont read a thread. :D

kvn5000 said:
Somebody works for em or something.

Please read the thread again, you obviously by your edit topic cant spell nor read, All answers you are seeking are in the above, thank you for the redundancy for those who wont read a thread. :D

Dude, you really need to put down your spelling swagger stick and take off your grammar jackboots.

If you're going to hammer people for their spelling and grammar, you should probably get it right yourself.

kvn5000 said:
... you obviously by your edit topic...
What kind of sentence structure is that?

kvn5000 said:
...cant spell nor read,
Shouldn't your "cant" be "can't"? Same for "wont" later is your sentence. The way you've structured your sentence is awkward--"can't spell OR read" is more correct.

kvn5000 said:
All answers you are seeking are in the above...
Again, what kind of sentence structure is this??? I think you're missing a "the" in there...

Now seriously, stop with the if-you-don't-spell-your-opinion-isn't-valid logic. You don't like Frozen, that's fine. But just because people do like Frozen doesn't mean they work for them or that there's a vast conspiracy for them to take over the world.

BTW, just ordered from them again last night. :D

willie92 said:
Now seriously, stop with the if-you-don't-spell-your-opinion-isn't-valid logic.

It was all a joke that everyone else is taking too far. I have reverted to normal, jokes over. If you think im taking this all seriously i got news for you, im screwing around. I just found it funny someone comes in and requotes a ton of stuff thats already been mentioned. It reminds me of the posts where employees start talking, then later admit they are employees. They hope if they requote a bunch of good things about them, then it will outweigh the bad. You will notice they never have an opinion, they just regurgitate some positve things. They revolted against my claim, that entitles me to have fun with them. I havent tried to outright counter any claims other than my i own.

Everyone is so stiff legged and cant see everything from the other point of view sometimes.

willie92 said:
Now seriously, stop with the if-you-don't-spell-your-opinion-isn't-valid logic. You don't like Frozen, that's fine. But just because people do like Frozen doesn't mean they work for them or that there's a vast conspiracy for them to take over the world.

Actually, he found me out... I do work for them, that's why I posted my horror story with them over the last year. Of course, I need to talk with my boss because he owes me for the $2000+ I've spent there over the last without my employee discount.

Oh, and we are planning on taking over the world. We implant all our fans with Subliminal Generators implanted in the fan blades. As the fans spin they generate mind-control impulses. Now that you know our secret I'm going to have to kill you all, sorry.

Long live the Frozen CPU Illuminati!

I like Performance PCs, Sidewinder Computers and Coolerguys... Never had any problems with 'em. The one time I ordered from Jab-Tech they must've mis-printed the label or something and the package got returned, they couldn't figure out what went wrong so I just canceled.

Monarch and Newegg have both been good to me as well, though I haven't ordered from Monarch in a while. Directron charges obscene shipping to PR, shame really 'cuz they have lots of little goodies at very good prices, I had to eat it once 'cuz of some case badges I really wanted.

BellaCroix said:
Actually, he found me out... I do work for them

Damnit, and i just threw away my tinfoil.

Must....dig.........must......have.......tinfoil

I think all places where you can't get your product after you pay with cash or credit card have certain inequities built into the system. Therefore there are more people hanging around bitchin about their performance. However, I should point out that if they did this kind of stuff to most people they wouldn't be in business very long. The long and short of it is that given the amount of business they do I would imagine that screwups account for a very small fraction of a percentage of their total business. Be that as it may I suggest you just buy everything from $&!%*#. :D

I am in the middle of a faulty merch issue with them right now. We'll see how it turns up.

Oh, TN? Why can't you admit that your scrubs are balled up at the foot of Sharka's bed every night? :rolleyes: (Pardon the use of the Coxian, but come on, stop whoring for them everywhere, would you?)

mwarps said:
I am in the middle of a faulty merch issue with them right now. We'll see how it turns up.

Oh, TN? Why can't you admit that your scrubs are balled up at the foot of Sharka's bed every night? :rolleyes: (Pardon the use of the Coxian, but come on, stop whoring for them everywhere, would you?)

thats a unwanted low blow.... But lets talk about sharka for a min they have messed up on 3 of my orders in a row. wrong tubing size, item or missing some thing. Wes has made good on his part to fix the problems with my orders. and i remember TN putting sharka down about that.

To date, I'm good with Sharka.

I've placed three orders with them and every one has been in good order on delivery.

They did my wrong deciding to (apparently) stop supporting my Innova addiction but that's a business decision I can't really question.

My only issue with Sharka is that, on occasion, I've waited longer for a reply to an e-mail than I did from some other merchants.

I don't think there's any debate that TN has some connections with Sharka. I'm not saying she's a shill for them or that she's on the take or whatever. I've been very pleased with the service I've gotten from performance-pcs and will recommend them to anyone who asks, if they were closer and would let me rummage around the warehouse I'd probably be as enthusiastic for them as TN is for Sharka.

What I think it really comes down to is that TN seems to be a AquaComputer fan (no fault, no accusations, no finger pointing, no flame bait), as far as I know Sharka is the only US company that regularly sells AC gear. Add to that that they are apparently within driving distance from TN and that she has become cordial with the people who run Sharka, there's no reason to wonder why she recommends them.

If she's getting a discount from them that's her business, bully on her if she's worked something like that out.

I don't think she's a shill planted here to make us all buy from Sharka. I think she's a fan of a German company with (currently, since SNT folded last I checked) only one US distributor who has done her right.

I gotta say, I think that was a weak blow. Regardless of what you think of low-flow systems, Sharka, or TN's enthusiam for one merchant over another... it's no reason to suggest something else going on... not to mention it's off topic.

great place but somtimes i get better deals at other places depending on what it is. shipping is where places get u somtimes.

Back