my dual xeon OCed

devourment77

Limp Gawd
here are some pics of my dually, and the specs. check http://hidden-leaf.ath.cx/~brandonsan/computer.php . It was kinda expensive but worth it. My slackware linux compiles so much faster now using the "-j5" option. The iwill mobo is pretty good at overclocking too... going from 2.6 ---> 3.4 stable is nice. I can hit 3.5 but it crashes during ut2k4 heh.

nice... i was looking at getting a somewhat similar setup, but it ain't gonna happen (at least not for a while...) it's too expensive. but that's a pretty nice oc. could use some cable management, tho.

devourment77,

I see you have Linux as your primary OS.

Could you please run linpack-hpl benchmark on your computer?
I have found it to be a great stability test, maybe the best one.

I also have overclocked Xeon dually 2.4->3.27 16x204FSB on ASUS PC-DL. The system run fine at 3.5, but prime95 crashes all the way to 3.4 and linpack-hpl all the way to 3.27
My system is FedoraCore2 ,compiler is Intel ifort8.0 + icc8.0, MPI library is mpich-1.2.5.2 and BLAS is MKL7.0
For 15000x15000 problem size (that requires 1800MB of memory), the best result is 9.5 gigaflop!
If you are willing to run the benchmark and dont know exactly how to do it, i can help you.

Nice rig!

Iwill's DPI533 series are good performers and I've a couple myself. What I didn't realized was that the S-ATA part is equally good overclocker... Excellent! I always thought the S-ATA made the board less overclocking-friendly. Clearly my view was misinformed. ;)

BTW, are those the retail coolers from Intel?

They look like the latest Intel heatsinks (I got mine off of a pair of 3.2's). Haven't used them yet, but the fans are monstrous and are temp. controlled. When my DH800 gets here this Friday I'll be saying good bye to the DP533 and seeing how far my Xeons will go.

Wowy

wowy said:
They look like the latest Intel heatsinks (I got mine off of a pair of 3.2's). Haven't used them yet, but the fans are monstrous and are temp. controlled. When my DH800 gets here this Friday I'll be saying good bye to the DP533 and seeing how far my Xeons will go.
I went with a pair of Swiftech MCX-604V-rev2 with my DH800... The pins fan out quite a bit and I had to take out and then bend some pins from the h/s that was closer to the AGP slot or the card won't go in! :eek: These are partnered with a pair of YS-Tech 2.9W ball bearing fans...

The DH800 is an excellent board - fast, stable and very overclock friendly... Enjoy! :)

yeah i will run the linux benchmakr.. i may need some help.. can you direct me to a site or should i just search freshmeat.net I will be out of town till sunday doing some network work for a business in fort worth. I will play around with benchmarking it then

wowy said:

Wowy

o!! o!! give it to me :D

sorry, my ip changed and my free dyndns.org name didn't update as fast.. it is up now.. my ip usually updates when it changes, but i have it set to check every 10 minutes or so.

Back