Votes: 16 76.2%
  • The Outpost

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • GRAW

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
So earlier in the week I posted this thread on which game I should go with; GRAW or The Outfit. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1029384

Well, another highly anticipated game has been re-brought to my attention and that is Elder Scrolls IV. Now, in the past I must admit that I've been a straight up 1st person shooter type of guy; never really paying attention to strategy games or RPG games. If it wasn't fast paced and action packed with 1st person shooting views, it wasn't for me.

My buddy introduced me to Guild Wars shortly after it came out. To my surprise, I was hooked. Although the addiction slowly faded due to it's very repetative game play.

From what I've read it sounds like this game will be the RPG's of RPG's. I did like Guild Wars, I liked it a lot for the time that I played it actually. With that said, and with us kind of knowing what Elder Scrolls will bring to the table, what do you think I should do?

Just a little eye candy for us all. :)
obliv32B.jpg

Are you asking if you should get it or not? I wouldn't. It looks just like eye candy to me, nothing really there (don't like those kinda games).

EDIT: Just saw the poll. GRAW 1000000% That game is going to be down right AMAZING.

I would consider myself more of an FPS gamer, and let me tell you the only RPG's that have EVER grabbed my attention are the elder scrolls series. Every single one of their games has been a GOTY or RPG OTY and it will be no different with oblivion. It is not going to be some rehashed bullshit that you will get bored with after a week or two like with FPS games, oblivion will be a game that you emerse yourself into for months on end.

There is ALWAYS something new to do in the elder scrolls games so you won't have to worry about getting bored with repeitiveness. If you get tired of playing as a good guy warrior bashing down shit with your mighty hammer from thor, you can play as an evil assasin thief lurking in the shadows and you will have an entirely different game experience.

GO WITH OBLIVION!

I don't know... It sounds like Elder Scrolls will offer a LOT over all previous RPG's. It sounds like you can just get lost it's scenery. It also sounds like being a theif is actually going to be cool.

To my understanding there is 16 sq miles through out the game.

I'm having this same problem. I pre-ordered Oblivion yesterday for the PC but I really want to get my hands on GRAW. I guess I'll have to wait for spring break so that my classes don't suffer. I'm glad Oblivion is coming out on the 20th, last day of the quarter.

Back