my deep black Silverstone with "power rails"

should i prep it in a special way?(i doubt sanding since it's gonna be bare aluminum inside *suppose*) How do you heat a spray can, and why does it work better?

well imho you don't need to sand the inside of the tower, just be sure it's clean.
it's better to use warm paint because it flows better and you get a better spreading.
just put it on the heater for some time, but be careful, when it gets too hot, your room will look a lot darker than before..

Also the rail idea is just insane. It looks so perfectly done, did you do it yourself, the plexy rack for it and all? The copper is bent perfectly also... How did you do it?

well a friend did it for me, he's a mechanic and has some better milling equipment than i have

Does the copper block(with the wire connected to them) are stuck in place or can move freely, because i don't see anything that tightens them. One side has a big hole to make no connection and the other one just fit nicely on it, is it enough to hold them in place?

it stays in place just because of the friction between rails and copper block - that high friction is also needed to conduct enough current btw.

great mod! but you put even more ideas in my head for when i'll get my case... which isn't good because i dont have anything to make what pops in my mind :(

well i didnt have a plan for my setup either - it just grew as i moved on :]

the case looks absolutely stunning, but it kind of makes the SATA cables stick out like a sore thumb. No way to hide them?

it's better to use warm paint because it flows better and you get a better spreading.
just put it on the heater for some time, but be careful, when it gets too hot, your room will look a lot darker than before..

They sell paint cans heater or you mean another type of heater? Because i dont really want to put a can in the over lol... a BIT too risky ;) (i know that last idea is stupid.. but that's the only one i got when you talk about a heater...

p.s. am i the only one who thinks heating a pressurized can isn't a great idea?

They sell paint cans heater or you mean another type of heater? Because i dont really want to put a can in the over lol... a BIT too risky ;) (i know that last idea is stupid.. but that's the only one i got when you talk about a heater...

p.s. am i the only one who thinks heating a pressurized can isn't a great idea?

well just get them around 90-110 fahrenheit or so, don't cook 'em ;)

so you're not kidding.. in the oven :eek:
i'm too chicken to do it...(or if you look it my way, not dumb enough to try it lol, dont mean to be rude though :p)

A beautiful case like that and you have it on the floor????

I absolutely love the power rails idea!

yeah, while i've been reading the [H]-forums since the beginning (march '00 i think ) i really never had something to show off - until now ;)
[/img]
14.jpg

What Keyboard is that?

Im confused on what the copper blocks do. As in why is there contact and no contact? Can you explain that part just a little more?

Thank You.

had some heavy thunderstorms over here today and now it won't boot up anymore :/

being two years old, the hardware is somewhat cheap to exchange, but it will take me hours to remove the PSU and mobo :eek: :(

Your box got fried in a thunderstorm? Why isint that thing on a surge protector?!

uh i dont really remember what i paid for it

i guess about 130€ that would be around 160$

but most certainly it is way cheaper in the us..

by the way, i was quite lucky - the lightning only fried the two ram modules, sys is back up and looking as before :]

do you have an external rad for it? and wouldn't switching from one to the other introduce a lot of air into the loop?

hey guys, i've just got a message that someone is still interested in the pics - has been 3 years since i made them :)

3.jpg

3a.JPG

4.jpg

4a.JPG

5.jpg

5a.JPG

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

2a.JPG

What the christ

that is amazing

probably the best cable management i've ever seen

well done very nice work indeed.

Pics are fine to me.

---oh wait. It looks like the pics on the earlier pages aren't showing up anymore... too bad.

I remember finding this years ago and thinking "hey, I could do that with mine" :cool: I was a little confused that you posted the pictures again until I went back & looked at the original post. I still think it looks great :D

Still epic 3 years later, one of the few unique mods that hasn't been copied to death. Congrats :cool:

Back