my ddr computer

viper92086

Gawd
for all of u who don't know wut ddr is it's dance dance revolution.
this box was expecially made for this hard core game, it runs stepmania (www.stepmania.com), a ddr emulator.
originally the box was a rackmount server (sorry no orig pics) it was about twice as long. i basically just cut the case in half and used the half that held the mobo

DSC03818.JPG

specs
500mhz celeron
sum compaq mobo
256mb pc100
8gb maxtor hdd
cdrom
crap load of fans
hacked up emachine psu

Damn good idea for a DDR machine.... Maybe I should do this with one the random celerons I have laying around, It shouldn't take much to run SSM. Just gotta get a PCI card with s-video out =/

I don't believe you would go to the trouble of building another box to play a game like DDR...

Originally posted by Nohpys
I don't believe you would go to the trouble of building another box to play a game like DDR...

If you got parts lieing around why not?

lol ya i was expecting a comp made of ram lol nice lookin box, get inside pics

wut a great idea!

but ddr only costs 40 bux if you have a playstation

but looks real good case for a HTPC perhaps?

Originally posted by Tt Ownage
wut a great idea!

but ddr only costs 40 bux if you have a playstation

but looks real good case for a HTPC perhaps?

DDR is A LOT better on the PC. For example, there is on average 50 songs per mix/version of the game. Stepmania, you can add your own songs, or however you want. I have just over 900 songs. Not to mention the video quality is a lot better, good enough to give you motion sickness. Its also free. I paid $0 for Stepmania and the songs you can download.

On to the case. I think its great so far. Could use some clean up and something to make it stand out instead of just being a metal box. ;) Good luck!

Originally posted by Alexia
DDR is A LOT better on the PC. For example, there is on average 50 songs per mix/version of the game. Stepmania, you can add your own songs, or however you want. I have just over 900 songs. Not to mention the video quality is a lot better, good enough to give you motion sickness. Its also free. I paid $0 for Stepmania and the songs you can download.

On to the case. I think its great so far. Could use some clean up and something to make it stand out instead of just being a metal box. ;) Good luck!
i second that

no plans for windows, or ne mods, since this case was originaly a rackmount thats cut in half it's strong (i could stand on it, jump , etc) and i want it to stay strong just in case.. lol i run stepmania and only have bout 280 songs

best part about this project.. it only cost me $35

35 for 2 mats and a ps2-usb controller (ebay)

On to the case. I think its great so far. Could use some clean up and something to make it stand out instead of just being a metal box. Good luck!

hmm i got sum blue el cable, and 2 blu cathodes......

i would show u guys the inside but honestly it's a mess

Originally posted by Prim3
Where did you get your songs, I only have 450

Just search around for them. (IE, can't talk about it on the forums.) I have Mix 1-8, Korean v.2, Club 1/2, TournaMix 1-4, and a few other mixes.

Back