My CS guns look...fat?

DaveX

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I don't usually go to this forum but my CS recently kind of messed up. I don't know why but I had changed the desktop resolution from 1280x960 to 1280x1024 and when I went to play CS at the resolution of 1280x960, the M4A1 and glock models look fat. It is only with the 1st-person models. The weird thing is, nothing else was messed up. I set my desktop resolution back to 1280x960 but it didn't fix the CS problem. So i reinstalled CS, and even half-life. I deleted everything in the half-life folder in the clean re-install. But when I tried CS, it was the same. Can somebody help me?

Here are some pictures:

You can't really tell from this picture the glock is fat because I sized it down to 800x600 but here:
SilentBuddha-fat_glock.jpg

Here's the fat m4. The barrel is noticeably rounder than it should be:
SilentBuddha-fat_m4.jpg

This is just for comparison to show the world-view model is not messed up (I don't think at least):
SilentBuddha-fat_m4_2.jpg

Yup, ati_npatch 0 and ati_subdiv 0 in the console should get rid of that.

That is Truform, an ATI feature, that doesn't work quite right in cs. to turn it off go to console, and type ati_npatch 0, and ati_subdiv 0, then restart cs. Or you could do it through the ATI drivers( right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, 3D, click on opoen gl, click use custom settings box , then click the custom button, then turn truform to "always off".

Yup that is definitely truform. Go to your ATi control pannel and under OpenGL custom options make sure TruForm is always off.

i dont have truform on, but my guns look like that n e way, i just played it, they look normal, and i checked to see if truform was on, it was not.

i bought an ati 9100 i think awhile back. This happened at the height of my cs career to date. It also kept crashing my comptuer so i returned it. I didnt know it was an ati feature but that still wouldnt have kept me from getting it

Originally posted by wileycat
just curious, what does trueform do exactly?
supposed to make rounder, more natural shapes. in reality, it makes everything look like it was drawn over a balloon of some sort:(

Originally posted by FiZ
Yup, ati_npatch 0 and ati_subdiv 0 in the console should get rid of that.

Do what this guy says if turning off true form does not help. I had the same problem and this fixed it instantly.

I'm just curious but, why did TrueForm suddenly start affecting CS now? I've been playing CS on the computer in my sig for many months now and it has never done this before.

Originally posted by DaveX
I'm just curious but, why did TrueForm suddenly start affecting CS now? I've been playing CS on the computer in my sig for many months now and it has never done this before.
resolution change. you obviously turned this off before, but not in hl itself. when you swapped resolutions, you also swapped settings. that would be my theory.

Back