my corsair pc is done

Putz

I have a custom title
I think everything they make is installed lol

now if EVGA weren't Nvidia Nazi's and included longer bridges for xfire id be set...i have like 76 SLI bridges from my classified but none for crossfire lol.

Dominator GT memory
H50 cooler
800d case
p128 ssd
hx1000 psu

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4600/dscn1986.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscn1986desktopresoluti.jpg
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1066946

new pic with red memory sinks
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7548/dscn2068q.jpg

Last edited:
ended up ditching the factory h50 fan though, was the noisiest thing in my case lol

ssd is great, i had another here was going to raid them but i cant be bothered i dont need the space and i cant complain about the speed of this

Ive had 2x80 intel x25, 3x intel 80 x25 2 x p128 and the single p128 all in raid 0 and the speed "feels" the same..FAST

benchmarks obviously shows huge gains in the raids but i cant notice it

lol the one with the h50 was a bit loud now the loudest thin in here is the h50 pump lol which isnt very loud

so what are your options for a crossfire birdge? I have a evga x58 le and am in the same boat. (I haven't ordered my second 5870 yet but plan to at some point)

Nice setup! I wish I had gotten a hx PSU a while back but ohh well.. I just setup my 800D rig tonight, I have a question for you and the SSD you installed, did you put it in the hot swap bays? did any of the screws provided fit on your SSD??? I wasted an hour finding some screws for it I was getting so mad!

i had some screws that fit but they have to be small flush ones, the fine threaded ones we use for say cdroms wont let the hot swap bay work right

i dont know if ill bother with the bridges, 8x 8x doesnt hurt it, and with the bridge it will be 16x and 8x anyways

Awesome looking build,how does the H50 perform,im looking for a new cooler??

Definitely front page worthy bro!

That 800D is pure awesomeness. I am upgrading my work / news box and I am going with the 800D, I just need to pick up 8GB of DDR3 and then find the time to do the upgrade.

Again, nice job on the build sir!

I'm jealous.

I need to rebuild a new PC shortly but I can't justify spending the extra on a new case right now, otherwise I'd get that 800D in a heartbeat. My TJ09 is still mint and works well.

Very nicely done!

One, it looks Gorgeous! Secondly with the SSD its fast as hell. Lastly its cool thanks to self sealed liquid cooling. i give the builder an A+:D

h50 is nice my only gripe is the noise. its not loud by anymeans, but everything else in the pc is so darn quiet the pump is all you hear lol

but its much better than the TRUE I was using, and opens up a TON of space, the TRUE in push/pull is huge

Awesome job on the wire management.....I keep wanting to do mine, but I'm as lazy as they get when it comes to working on my own stuff....

Awesome job on the wire management.....I keep wanting to do mine, but I'm as lazy as they get when it comes to working on my own stuff....

never been that good at it but the 800d makes it too easy lol

never been that good at it but the 800d makes it too easy lol

yeah, I may have to look into that case...need to see if I can fit my radiator in the top of it.
I'm using a Coolermaster Stacker 830 right now..Plenty big, but not a lot of places to hide wires.

Technically you could do an all ASUS/Corsair build...

ASUS for the GPU and motherboard.
Corsair for the memory, case, SDD, CPU cooler, power supply.

Only thing from a third party would be an Intel CPU.

h50 is nice my only gripe is the noise. its not loud by anymeans, but everything else in the pc is so darn quiet the pump is all you hear lol

but its much better than the TRUE I was using, and opens up a TON of space, the TRUE in push/pull is huge

That is good to hear,i can handle a little noise,I just ordered an H 50 to replace my troublesome Hyper 212 Plus,cant wait to get it:)

Technically you could do an all ASUS/Corsair build...

ASUS for the GPU and motherboard.
Corsair for the memory, case, SDD, CPU cooler, power supply.

Only thing from a third party would be an Intel CPU.

The simplest "theme" would be an AMD/Corsair/Asus theme.

Because the 5870s are AMDs. You can load up on ROG board, 5870s, accessories, the rest would be Corsair items and you would have an AMD CPU.

Same here. After working on electronics all day, my stuff will just sit there in a box.

To the OP, nice build. That case is frikkin nice. Nice wire management.

Nice ill send xfx a message and see if they can hook me up

Hey where did you get the 4 extra long screws for the H50? I believe mine only came with 4., Nice build.

only had 2" ones in my shop lol so the dremel made them the 1 1/4" they needed to be

i think they are 6x32 threads

I didn't go as far all out as you did, Putz, but when I finally built a 'modern' PC about 3-4 months back, the 800D case and the power supply were the first two components I bought. The case is simply phenomenal. Yes, it's big. But it's sturdy, spacious, and working with it and inside of it is actually a relief compared to dealing with your standard box with molded plastic wings and fins on it with no space inside. A lot of people say the Power Supply is the most important piece of any PC. I think that the chassis itself is a close second.

She's a silent beauty.

updated with some red sinks from mr redbeard :)

looks a bit better

they're louder than the video cards?

yep the pump is but its not bad just that the rest is so quiet lol

Back