My Cinebench Intel Core i9 9900K Score.

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
Ran this a few times. This is about the score I got on all the runs.

Not a lot of variation.

I'm not sure if this is a good score or not. I've not used it a whole lot.

cinebench.jpg

A Ryzen 2700X OCed full tilt I believe tops between 1900-2000 points in CB (with well tuned DDR4)

So you can see the definite clockspeed advantage.

You can also run the single threaded benchmark too which I believe is under one of the settings you can change.

I get around 1872 on my i7 7820X at 4.5 GHz so you are looking good imo.

This is my 9900k all core 5ghz run.. id say you are right on par sir

bench-run-png.png

Should be noted those 9900k overclock results are from a CPU speed @ 5.14ghz
9900K OC = all core overclock to 5.141GHz with 2x8GB 3600MHz memory. 8600K OC = 5.25GHz with 2x8GB 3600MHz memory. Both the 2700X and 2950X are both using Precision Boost 2. The 2700X is using 2x8GB 3600MHz memory and the 2950X is using 4x8GB of 3200MHz memory.

A Ryzen 2700X OCed full tilt I believe tops between 1900-2000 points in CB (with well tuned DDR4)

So you can see the definite clockspeed advantage.

You can also run the single threaded benchmark too which I believe is under one of the settings you can change.

Nope... a 300 to 400 point gain over the 2700x is not an advantage at the 350 extra price tag. Considering how hard you have run that chip also.

2700x is a better CPU when all metrics are concerned.

Even in gaming a fully maxed out 9900k is only 11 percent faster on avg.

I see no advantage at all. It's like buying air jordans for 600 when a pair of Reebok can do the same for 60.

But congratulations on the fastest gaming chip. It is gonna make you super happy in sure.

Damn those are some nice score.

My 8700k seems puny now.

Interesting- hadn't thought about the 9900k vs 7820x before now.

Pretty similar or is the 7820x not aging well?

Nope... a 300 to 400 point gain over the 2700x is not an advantage at the 350 extra price tag. Considering how hard you have run that chip also.

Even in gaming a fully maxed out 9900k is only 11 percent faster on avg.

I see no advantage at all. It's like buying air jordans for 600 when a pair of Reebok can do the same for 60.

But congratulations on the fastest gaming chip. It is gonna make you super happy in sure.

Or a lambo when a corolla can get you from point A to B too. I'll take the lambo though if given a choice lol

Really and what metrics are those? Because taking gaming out of consideration, it is faster in other apps to and in some like premiere that can use its iGPU or photoshop which loves speed, the differences are big so dont let your passion for the red team cloud your judgement ;)

Or a lambo when a corolla can get you from point A to B too. I'll take the lambo though if given a choice lol
But unless you DO have a lambo, you've made the decision that it doesn't make financial sense to own one. That's the point he is making. That being said if you have the money the fuck it. I personally don't care what cpus people run.

9900k at 5ghz with 4000mhz memory utterly destroys the 2700x rig in multiplayer games.

I honestly do not ever watch those single player gpu stress test benchmarks that review sites use to benchmark cpu's.

9900k at 5ghz with 4000mhz memory utterly destroys the 2700x rig in multiplayer games.

I honestly do not ever watch those single player gpu stress test benchmarks that review sites use to benchmark cpu's.

Huh??? At what 720p lmfao

Huh??? At what 720p lmfao

it destroys it in 1440p by a massive amount that can only be seen and felt while playing games like bf1 and bf5 inside a full 64p server.

you can keep those static single player with nothing going on game benchmarks if they make you happy.

it destroys it in 1440p by a massive amount that can only be seen and felt while playing games like bf1 and bf5 inside a full 64p server.

you can keep those static single player with nothing going on game benchmarks if they make you happy.

If you have some descent multi player benchmarks, many here would be interested.

Also, if what you say is true, than the 2700x would destroy her 8700k at 1440p as well.

If you have some descent multi player benchmarks, many here would be interested.

Also, if what you say is true, than the 2700x would destroy her 8700k at 1440p as well.

it cant because memory cant go beyond 3200 and cpu cant go over 4.2ghz, 8700k for bf1 and 5 is still much better than the 2700x for mp games because as of now 6 cores is plenty for todays games.

maybe 2700x will fair better down the road when games require more than 6 physical cores, but this is why I settled for a 9900k.

Yep not enough benchmarks look at PUBG, Blackout etc for MP tests. I get they're highly variable but you can still run through the same area and get roughly the same gameplay everytime. In CoD they could easily do MP benchmarks but I don't see those either. I suspect the 2700x would lose, I think I remember seeing some early on where Intel had a decent lead. (edited post to remove hyperbole).

EDIT: Benchmark -

This is the 8700k vs 2700x and the 8700k is at stock. Now take a 9900k or 9700k cranked to 5 ghz, yeah it will obliterate the 2700x. The most important part of this video is when he's diving because it renders a big chunk of the map and Ryzen performance falls considerably behind. You simply don't find these kinds of tests in majority of sites who run canned tests. Even HardOCP fails in this regard because they don't test MP much if at all.

Last edited:

Um you didn't create the 9900k. You bought it like any other product. You're not hard bro.

Yep not enough benchmarks look at PUBG, Blackout etc for MP tests. I get they're highly variable but you can still run through the same area and get roughly the same gameplay everytime. In CoD they could easily do MP benchmarks but I don't see those either. I suspect the 2700x would lose, I think I remember seeing some early on where Intel had a decent lead. (edited post to remove hyperbole).

This is the 8700k vs 2700x and the 8700k is at stock. Now take a 9900k or 9700k cranked to 5 ghz, yeah it will obliterate the 2700x. The most important part of this video is when he's diving because it renders a big chunk of the map and Ryzen performance falls considerably behind. You simply don't find these kinds of tests in majority of sites who run canned tests. Even HardOCP fails in this regard because they don't test MP much if at all.

So you will get 350 fps in CS go vs 250 fps with the 2700x. You are also getting a few more fps while free falling in PUBG with no combat involved. Awesome.

So you will get 350 fps in CS go vs 250 fps with the 2700x. You are also getting a few more fps while free falling in PUBG with no combat involved. Awesome.

It would extend to any MP game with high view distance, let's not pretend this isn't true. This video exposes ryzens weakness in bottleneck situations like this which will increase over time with newer games. With Ryzen 2 this should be a much less significant issue since it will have increased IPC + clocks but the 2700x is definitely not up to par with OC'd 9700k/9900k in gaming.

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1000/5f27acd104f8cc5389431f919a32af4d-jpg.jpg

20 fps with the town in view, this would also happen if he was on the ground on a hill trying to snipe into the town. But you can keep pushing your feel good narrative if you want.

Last edited:
Even when they are illegal or immoral?
Oh please.. saint AMD is not curing world hunger either.. Its just another company trying to make money just like every other company out there.
If you dislike Intel so much, why do you even bother hanging around the Intel forum? I don't waste my time with things I don't care about

Oh please.. saint AMD is not curing world hunger either.. Its just another company trying to make money just like every other company out there.
If you dislike Intel so much, why do you even bother hanging around the Intel forum? I don't waste my time with things I don't care about

Because he has alot of experience with both CPU manufactures instead of "brand A or nothing" and usually adds alot to the conversation instead of throwing hissy fits.

We we unaware that the Intel forums were only for the Intel Superfans.

I wasn't flaming you. It was a genuine question. Intel has been caught doing quite a bit of questionable practices as of late whilst AMD has been pretty straight forward. Just my observation. But then again each individual has a different functional definition of morality and ethics as they perceive each in thier own way.

You can always put your money on what you want. That's fine. I prefer to know what my money is spent on by those that get it. For instance a make believe example would be if I bought a car from company X because I am loyal to thier brand then I find out they murder children and use thier kidneys to fabricate dash board coloring dye. I would i.mediately cease giving my money to the immoral business. If Intel practices antitrust stuff and you know about it does that make you an accessory or a financier of thier law breaking? Morals and ethics and all that.

But to not be a hypocrite, what Is one too do if all they have is company X? So I'm guilty as well of this dilemma.

Last edited:

PUBG does use 6+ cores. Blackout also uses up to 6 cores, and I think you can edit files to increase it. I have been pretty pissed with Intel lately, but they are still the kings of 1080p/1440p gaming.

CPU performance debate these days is like comparing a Ferrari Enzo to a BMW M3, sure the M3 is a prestigious car and ranks in the A Cat sports cars, it is fast, tunable and sports car junkies dream, but it doesn't have the top end speed of a Ferrari enzo. On socio scientific basis the M3 is bought by more people and serves more usage than a Ferrari enzo.

The best test would be stock 2700 and a stock 9900K both with AMD and Intel stock fan solutions to represent cooling solutions out the box rated to 95w TPD, If the CPU fails to post a full bench the score is disqualified, but we already know the outcome of it, Intel won't post any scores because it will fail on stock cooling solutions. I guess since we are not really reviewing apples with apples we can then just rather do a bench with a 2700 running under phase change cooling ramped up to 5ghz then, that will create parity.

CPU performance debate these days is like comparing a Ferrari Enzo to a BMW M3, sure the M3 is a prestigious car and ranks in the A Cat sports cars, it is fast, tunable and sports car junkies dream, but it doesn't have the top end speed of a Ferrari enzo. On socio scientific basis the M3 is bought by more people and serves more usage than a Ferrari enzo.

The best test would be stock 2700 and a stock 9900K both with AMD and Intel stock fan solutions to represent cooling solutions out the box rated to 95w TPD, If the CPU fails to post a full bench the score is disqualified, but we already know the outcome of it, Intel won't post any scores because it will fail on stock cooling solutions. I guess since we are not really reviewing apples with apples we can then just rather do a bench with a 2700 running under phase change cooling ramped up to 5ghz then, that will create parity.
I would hardly call that parity lol

as gpus become more powerful next gen and games start to use beyond 6 cores the 9900k will shine and will end up as a great investment in both present and the future.

Back