My biggest problem with Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes this thread.

Way to high-jack the thread and spout your idiotic garbage, one more thread ruined by trolls. Man this gets old

He's pointing out the truth why ridicule him for that? There have been security issues with Google (much like almost all companies with electronic data). With the Android all the information is there and connected in context.

Speaking of contacts.

I've run into another problem with the Android OS, all my contacts are synched via "First Last name", instead of "Last, First".

Having a load of business contacts, this in not good. There are plenty of people that I am not on a first name basis.

For the life of me I can't figure out on google contacts of how to switch it around. I've searched for solutions (ironically with Bing) and really couldn't find an easy solution. One of the solutions is to retype everything. Umm, no.

What I did like was that google contacts found a couple of duplicates and fixed them quickly. Like name with phone on one contact and name and email on another. Real slick.
Hes ridiculing him be cause 95% of the things he listed are completely optional, and dont require effort to by pass (unless searching for the program you want to use is effort, sorry its not preloaded for you :confused:). The only thing required is the email account (and checkout if you buy apps). But that can be 100% separate and have no personal information on it at all if youre that paranoid (email). You can turn off all sync with the Gmail account as well. To me just sounds like a paranoid google hating nut job. But google is skynet.. sooo....... :confused:

As for you contacts, in Android 2.2 you can display last first. I'm not sure on 2.1 or earlier though.

As for you contacts, in Android 2.2 you can display last first. I'm not sure on 2.1 or earlier though.

I do have an Evo, making that clear.

But I have read that Froyo will change everything, in a very positive way. What I have not heard is when is it coming out. Then, when will Sprint push it to customers. What will HTC do with Froyo and the SenseUI interface. Android 2.1 seems like a beta test to me.

I'm not the type to "root" or "jailbreak." I prefer stability. I've been doing some reading, and quite honestly its over my head. First rule, do no harm. Second, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As far as turning some of those features off, I can see doing that. The device comes preset to connect everything. First time I looked at my contacts I was inundated with all sorts of randomness. Mismatched contacts, email contacts that I used once (i.e. sales), emails from board admins and sign ups. I'm still cleaning that up.

I understand that I can configure it, but I didn't know when I powered it up. Its a learning curve ya' know?

I do realize that this is the android cock sucking forum, but to deny that android has some serious privacy issues is to willingly delude yourself. If google and android is so much about being an open platform, why don't they let me choose to dissociate my phone from a google account?

Face it, apple and google provide different kinds of poison in their product. Don't fucking ridicule me because I prefer one over the other.

I do realize that this is the android cock sucking forum, but to deny that android has some serious privacy issues is to willingly delude yourself. If google and android is so much about being an open platform, why don't they let me choose to dissociate my phone from a google account?

Face it, apple and google provide different kinds of poison in their product. Don't fucking ridicule me because I prefer one over the other.

Ok, so you don't want us to "ridicule" you but you called us cock suckers?

Ok, so you don't want us to "ridicule" you but you called us cock suckers?

Yes, as in you are literally blowing other men... NO. GIve me a break. I realize that there are a lot of android fan boys in here AS WELL as Apple haters, so it's pretty much a hopeless situation. I was just hoping to point out that Android has it's own issues which many people overlook, and to me are much more serious than being locked in to a particular music player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back