My BFG Tech RMA Nightmare (pics in thread)

yeah i was actually just checking to see what went wrong. it looks like all the techs you talked to set everything up right. i don't know the warehouse guys, they are several cities away. they really messed up your rma...the cards are supposed to be tested before they are sent to you

BFGtech said:
yeah i was actually just checking to see what went wrong. it looks like all the techs you talked to set everything up right. i don't know the warehouse guys, they are several cities away. they really messed up your rma...the cards are supposed to be tested before they are sent to you

The last guy I spoke with definitly said that the card that I would be getting would be NEW, I asked him twice just to be sure. Do you have any way to know that the card I'm going to recieve will be like my origional one with the newer cooler design? I hate to be a pest but this is a big deal in my book.

the last tech you spoke with wrote extensive notes on what you wanted - they will show up on your order form when the person at the warehouse is getting your card. that's all i know...sorry.

BFGtech said:
the last tech you spoke with wrote extensive notes on what you wanted - they will show up on your order form when the person at the warehouse is getting your card. that's all i know...sorry.

Good to know, thanks for keeping me in the loop - It's Definitly appreciated. :)

If any BFG personel would like to chime in on this it would be helpful. Other people in the forum have gotten upgrades when they RMA dead cards and other people didn't. I'm curious, what's up with that? If you don't have a particular card in stock do you ship a different replacement or does the agent in tech support make that call? :confused:

While I cannot comment on this authoritatively, I'd imagine that the inventory BFG has on hand has a lot to deal with what gets shipped out for RMAs. If BFG (or anyone else) had to keep brand new cards in inventory for warranty replacements, especially on lifetime warranted cards, that would be an enormous added cost for them, that would have to be passed on to all customers. On a lifetime warranty like this, you have to compromise somewhere...either pay a lot more for the card and get hassle free exchanges, or accept that they will compete on cost and that you may end up with refurb/previously installed cards :(

Chris_B said:
Whyd the bfg guy get banned? :eek:
look at his posts... i dont think thats the same tech guy we all know...

maybe he doesnt really work for BFG? i didnt see anything that would set off a red flag in his posts..

a0gamer0a said:
If any BFG personel would like to chime in on this it would be helpful. Other people in the forum have gotten upgrades when they RMA dead cards and other people didn't. I'm curious, what's up with that? If you don't have a particular card in stock do you ship a different replacement or does the agent in tech support make that call? :confused:
just depends on what they have.

i RMA'd a 5900U. got a 6800GT. my buddy RMA'd a 5900U a little while later, got a 5950U

ive heard that theyll upgrade when they screw up too much, but they havent done that for me yet.. :rolleyes:

Chris_B said:
Whyd the bfg guy get banned? :eek:

Woah, I didn't even notice. Are BFG people not allowed to comment on this type of stuff? :confused: :(

I hope that guy didn't get in trouble for doublechecking my RMA - not good..... :(

Being an official company rep on this board is pretty [H]ard - they must let Kyle know that they work for a company before registering. Also, Kyle and the admins place limits on their activities, as does the rep's employer. It's a real tight rope to walk :( Also, to add to what the post above me says, Kyle is the only person who makes money off of this forum ;) Please no more discussion on this matter, thanks.

BFG upgraded my friends RMA once. HE got 3 defective 5900 Non-Ultras....and onthe fourth RMA they sent him a 5900 Ultra and it worked just fine ;)

Have you heard from BFG yet on your new/replacement card???? Please let us know how it comes out.

merry christmas. :D

magoo said:
Have you heard from BFG yet on your new/replacement card???? Please let us know how it comes out.

merry christmas. :D

I absolutly plan on letting everybody know how this turns out.

I haven't heard from BFG about it since I called them on Saturday, but they said my replacement should show up tomorrow. I'm on vacation till the 12th so I was supposted to be playing games and drinking highly caffinated beverages till my hands fall off, now I'm like the guy in that Tim Allen stand up act - wating on the porch like a dog waiting for that UPS truck to show up. :p

I should call and try to get my UPS tracking # but with *events* that happened earlier I almost don't want to. :(

OK! My replacement card showed up bright and early from UPS....

and this time it had the right card in it. It's still in it's retail box that's been open and then resealed - presumably for testing before shipping - this is good! :D

The card appears to be in new/unused condition, and it's the proper style (new cooler design w/ dual dvi setup.

I'll post back when I've got it installed and have run a few tests on it, but things are looking good! :D

wow, ive never had an RMA come in a retail box before

I have an update too. last night, one of the BFG Techs on this board PM'd me asking for details and an RMA number from the latest RMA so he could look up the info. i provided my story, name, and RMA number. he PMed me thanks for the info this morning, followed by a PM saying that a 6800GT had already been shipped out, but he was shipping me an upgrade 7800GT and to just send back both 6800's when i got it in.

WOW.

im impressed!

RMA quite often ends up being something refurbished or used but tested good. It depends on the device in question.

I bought a $1500 Sony GDM-F500 monitor and not quite a year later it died. I received a refurb and Sony's policy is not to give new monitors out on warranty returns/service. Same goes for Dell unless it's within the first 21 days of purchase.

So it kinda depends on the item.

a0gamer0a said:
I absolutly plan on letting everybody know how this turns out.

I haven't heard from BFG about it since I called them on Saturday, but they said my replacement should show up tomorrow. I'm on vacation till the 12th so I was supposted to be playing games and drinking highly caffinated beverages till my hands fall off, now I'm like the guy in that Tim Allen stand up act - wating on the porch like a dog waiting for that UPS truck to show up. :p

I should call and try to get my UPS tracking # but with *events* that happened earlier I almost don't want to. :(

Looks like BFG did you right. Im sure the ordeal was frustrating, but they are a quality company that will eventually do the right thing. :D

i have a friend had the same problem with an RMA on a 6600GT thay frist sent him the wrong card a 5800 then he got back a none working card after that

seems some one in BFG RMA dept is droping the ball here

Ok, this time I think they got it. The card went in just fine, the system detected it no problem. UT2K4 and CoD2 both ran fine with no polygon problems or artifacts, there were also no problems with Nalu and Clear Sailing demos. I also ran it through a loop of 3Dmark05 just to be sure.

To those that are interested here is the final result.

My box....

The card....

The "Feng Shui" ....

Thanks BFG for making me a believer again! :D

lithium726 said:
wow, ive never had an RMA come in a retail box before

I have an update too. last night, one of the BFG Techs on this board PM'd me asking for details and an RMA number from the latest RMA so he could look up the info. i provided my story, name, and RMA number. he PMed me thanks for the info this morning, followed by a PM saying that a 6800GT had already been shipped out, but he was shipping me an upgrade 7800GT and to just send back both 6800's when i got it in.

WOW.

im impressed!

Woot - now that's coolness! :D

Put somethin over that mess in the back. Looks like a can of worms! :eek: :eek:
Glad BFG did you right.
They arent #1 for nothin. :D

magoo said:
Put somethin over that mess in the back. Looks like a can of worms! :eek: :eek:
Glad BFG did you right.
They arent #1 for nothin. :D

*nod* - the product manager at BFG PM'ed me and he wanted my info so he could look into why things went as wrong as they did. Hopefully what happened to me won't happen to anybody else. :)

It looks like BFG did you right. That is pretty cool of them sending you a 7800GT. I kind of had a similar experience with them but a lesser scale.
I bought a 7800GT on newegg when they were not offering COD 2...Well 14 days later I saw on newegg that they were sending the game with the card. I called them up and asked if they would send me the game since I bought the card just 2 weeks ago and in 3 days I had the game sitting on my porch. I don't think another company would do that.

airborne_mtrs said:
It looks like BFG did you right. That is pretty cool of them sending you a 7800GT. I kind of had a similar experience with them but a lesser scale.
I bought a 7800GT on newegg when they were not offering COD 2...Well 14 days later I saw on newegg that they were sending the game with the card. I called them up and asked if they would send me the game since I bought the card just 2 weeks ago and in 3 days I had the game sitting on my porch. I don't think another company would do that.

Thet didn't send me a 7800, but after 3 trys I did get a functional 6800.

Back