My Audigy 1 acting wacko

TimothyB

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm having some odd problems with my Audigy.

1. One, the volume goes louder for a while, I adjust my speakers down to correct, then the audio goes back down to where I can't hear it, so I have to adjust it. This can get very annoying being so often.

2. Also, at first I though it was my Soundblaster 5.1 speakers causing the problem, like the remote wiring. I replaced them with a newer model of the same type of speakers with the same problem

3. Now with the new speakers I have a remote now with a headphone jack, which I thought was so cool. Though, I'll connect my headphones, sounds on speakers go off. Though, after turning it up to the desired listening level the speakers suddently jump back on while still playing through the headphones.

4. Also, at one point I found that the volume through the remote was messed up where turning it all the way down before the click to off there would still be sound, and stayed at the same level for a while till adjust the volume high enough. A restart fixed that.

I've updated the drivers to the latest. I've tested the speakers on my laptop. How on earth could a sound card go wacko like this? Should I reseat it? Could a aux wire from my tv card to the audigy be sending surges effecting the card? The TV card is connected through the power switch to give it the power to start the computer when off.

Note worthy: Months ago I found a external USB hubb was providing power to my PCI slots while the PC was off, which made my new 6800 video card's speaker to sound off. After I disconnected the USB hubb my computer would keep starting up after shutdown, so it effect the TV card and kept making it start up after shutdown. I had to pull the plug, turn PSU off and discharge with the power button to fix this. So I mention this incase all this had possibly effect or is still effecting the sound card.

Anyone ever heard of this problem, litterally?

My Specs:
Barton 2500+ (185*11.5) 2127mhz
Asus A7N8X Rev 2.0 1005bios
2x512mb Geil DDR3200 6-3-3-2 Dual
Thermalright slk-800-u heatsink
Antec True 430watt
Leadtek 6800 128mb at 400/850
Compro Videomate TV/FM Gold Plus
Maxtor IDE pci card, Audigy 1
HDs WD, 3x80gig, 60gig, 30gig

I've had that happen with the sound going up and down.Which drivers are you using,
i forgot which ones it was that were causing the problem.Try compleatly uninstalling the creative software and reinstalling.Use the orig driver and check sound if ok,and you just want to upgrade then try upgraded driver and see if the problem reoccurs.
Use drivercleaner to clean old drivers out:http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Hope that helps.I'm pretty sure a clean reinstall of the drivers will fix it,unless something else is going on.
good luck.:)

Back