My 8800 GTX Fried Literally ...

chanchan

Limp Gawd
I left my 8800 GTX running 3D06+rthirl or something the HDR demo thing.

It was running in loop while I was at work, when I came home tonite, my computer was off.

I figured it probably crashed and shut down, when I tried to boot up, no screen?!!

Then I smelt burnt IC's .. I was like "uh oh", I pulled my case out, first thing I examined was my video card, low and behold there's a melted IC ... :mad:

Sigh RMA time ...

Just need to test the rest of my PC, I hope nothing else is damaged -____________-

Did you fan stop? Do you have very poor case cooling?

This is the first 8800 I have heard of, on any forum, that "fried" an IC, of course, any product can have a bad part.

Which IC, got any pics? We need pics.....

hmmmm, I was just thinking about this yesterday - that someone would fry their GTX :confused: lol, really not a joke

yeah, lets see some pic of that six hundred worth of fried cheeseburgers :)

Ouch ouch Hopefully there is no other damage. I screwed up like that not being around + running benchmarks videos.:(

Ouch ouch Hopefully there is no other damage. I screwed up like that not being around + running benchmarks videos.:(

Then you had something else wrong. Looping a benchmark demo for hours on end is in fact a great stability test, and if your card burned up or whatever, then you did not build the rig right.

I run Far Cry at 1680x1050, 4xAA and 16xAF, every detail maxed for literally 10+ hours.......it never crashes and certainly will not hurt the card.

Damn, I was hoping for some pics of a deep-fried 8800, complete with an AS5 dipping sauce.

Lets see some pics. On another note- who plays Far cry for 10+ hours? Good god man, splurge and get a new game. :rolleyes:

Spirals, I was not PLAYING the entire 10 hours.:D I simply load up the in-game demo and let it run time demos.

LOL I only have a pic of my new GTX ACS3 replacement ... after frying my card I was too upset to take any pictures, I have it replaced already.

It's a small IC close to the fan connector.

Honestly, I wasn't at home when this happened. But I was reading temperatures in the 96c when I left it running. Which shouldn't really matter since I put it through these tests no problems, and on top of that no overclocking was done.

There's really no reason for me to lie about this.

But hopefully this ACS3 card will be banging, b/c from what I've been reading I'm expecting a lot more. I can't even install it right now, b/c my computer was in the car and all the water cooling stuff is frozen, needs to defrost before I can work on anything :rolleyes:

acs3_1.jpg

acs3_2.jpg

acs3_3.jpg

Back