My 6800 GT OC will just have to wait longer i guess & no HL2 for christmas ?

You should have read the date on the article.

"Published Tuesday 7th October 2003 11:19 GMT"

This story is from last year. And shouldn't this be in the gaming forum? :confused: I see the title of the thread but nothing in this thread mentions a 6800 GT.

Edit: Beat me to it.

your a year off

Published Tuesday 7th October 2003 11:19 GMT

and screw HL2 hope it doesn't come out. :D

yea.. HL2 just went GOLD.. that means weeks, not months typically..

I guess I get the asshat of the year award

sorry guys

my bad, serves me right for getting info from toms hardware gheyide

I think this is the part where I get yanked off the stage by a hook

Ill be here all week folks .. make sure to tip your waitress

[insert rimshot]

bonkrowave said:
Well i guess I get the asshat of the year award ...

hahah my bad ... sorry guys

serves me right for trying to get info from Toms Hardware Gheyide

Hahahaha, at least you're a good sport about it, it's funny. No harm done, you only made us all laugh :)

As far as I know, it won't be out for a ling while, untill the lawsuit is over at least, unless they decide to release it iover Steam.

Yay steam! Yes I should be playing hl2 in a couple weeks according to the email when I bought the silver package!

Why is there so much bitching about HL2? Did everyone forget our beloved Duke Nukem?

MFZ said:
Why is there so much bitching about HL2? Did everyone forget our beloved Duke Nukem?

Just because there's another forgotten game doesn't mean it's right :cool:

Vivendi is really a buzz kill.

They really need to realize that Valve made this game / series, and they are only there to distribute the game. To cry about not getting all the profits possible because Valve wants to distrbute it online is stupid.

Vivendi grow up ... such is business such is the opportunistic capitalist society we live in. Does Vivendi hope to strengthen their repore with Valve through legal action. Do they not realize no one is going to work with them if all they do is use lawyers against the company they are supposed to be partnered with.

If Vivendi was embodied in a person ... im sure im not the only one who would give them a good flogging.

Duke nukem ... hmmm ... I think he was "disapeared" it seems 3d realms is working on a new FPS which is not Duke. I still remember thoose DNF screenshots ..... too bad the graphics are extremly outdated at this point.

HL2 may not be ready yet but they are 100% ready to take your money starting tomorrow. JUmp on this steaming hot deal!!!!

ScHpAnKy said:
Just because there's another forgotten game doesn't mean it's right :cool:

Well its only a game, I honestly don't understand why people get so worked up over it. Maybe because I'm not looking forward to it as much as some people are. The game I've been waiting on all this time is Battlefield 2 so the sooner its released the better.

Yes battlefield 2 looks amazing.

Im often just "spent" by looking at screenshots.

Back to HL2 for a second .... HEY WHA HAPPENed ... to TF2. There is another mystery meat game. Although my money is on TF2 somehow showing up a little bit after HL2 is released

bonkrowave said:
Yes battlefield 2 looks amazing.

Im often just "spent" by looking at screenshots.

Back to HL2 for a second .... HEY WHA HAPPENed ... to TF2. There is another mystery meat game. Although my money is on TF2 somehow showing up a little bit after HL2 is released

Remember those early shots of TF2 back in the day? It was kind of a battlefield 1942/counter strike mix. I guess they must have abandoned it once CS took hold and I doubt we'll ever see it again. BTW did you see the BF2 videos? The fuckin airplanes look amazing, very cg like.

Yeah I really cant wait to be stomping all you BF fans ... Hopefully the AI in this release has an IQ higher then mayonaise. I thought it was bad playing online with no PCs working together. But NPCs in BF are much worse. I love when a "friendly" npc plane bombs you, or a tank frags you, or the horrible pathfinding the AI seemed to have. There commands you could send never really worked .. especially when trying to get some bot to man a vehicle with you. There attention span is zero. They jump in then back out. And when you tried to switch to a gunner position you were lucky if the bot driver didn;t flip you over or drive you into a building.

I have yet to see an AI that is somewhat intelligent. Farcrys AI was alright but once you realize the patterns its like running a foot race against a zombie.

The hardest level in farcry was that one where you are captured then dropped in the jungle with no weapons and you have to book it out of there. The only way I beat that was to swim past the idiot mutants who would get stuck on the side of a hill.

And aparently 2 inches of crystal clear water is incrdible camoflage to the enemies of farcry.

about TF2, there was an interview a while back, like last year, in which Gabe said that TF2 was on the back burner but they do mean to release it at some point after HL2 is done. He mentioned that the Source engine would also be used for this (I think it was originally running a heavily modified quake2 engine). I think that's why they aren't porting TFC to Source for the silver and gold peeps.

I always liked Team fortress more than CS, but I doubt we'll be seeing TF2 anytime soon, if ever. :(

bonkrowave said:
And aparently 2 inches of crystal clear water is incrdible camoflage to the enemies of farcry.
And to make the game consistent between high, medium and low quality, the grass doesn't seem to provide any cover.

That article he posted might be a mistake, but just think, all the article's author has to do is replace all the "3"s with "4"s, and he can republish it.

Yeah thisd buy Half-life 2 through steam is a little suspect. The games not done, vivendi are being asshats about the whole release thing. The only thing you really get if you order it now is counter strike source.

Well woop de do..... a game that has been out forever just updated graphics...

Hey I wonder if George Lucas is in on this somehow ... or maybe they just got the idea from him re-releasing starwars with new ghey cg effects that are somehow supposed to enhance the movie.

Someone stepped on Jabbas tail again !!!

bonkrowave said:
Vivendi is really a buzz kill.

They really need to realize that Valve made this game / series, and they are only there to distribute the game. To cry about not getting all the profits possible because Valve wants to distrbute it online is stupid.
Valve may have made it but Vivendi paid for it. Hell, it wasn't even Valve who made the most popular part of the original.

I can't wait for HL2 and Bf2, both of which are sequels to my already favorite games.
According to some site I read awhile ago, the AI for BF2 is incredible and extremely intelligent. By why have more intelligent AI? For that reason you should play online (which is the only reason I give ANY games replay value)

When I talk AI i really mean team cooperation .... BF online is everyone for themselves ... just a mad rush to get the most frags ...

in addition im sick of all these 13 year old campers who kill you before you even have a chance. Its easy to feel like part of the game without ever joining in ... aka camper

Valve has lied about that release too many times for my taste. I am not buying it unless it is for about 9.99 in a bargain bin.

Back