My 6-month ASUS Story

Ali Man

[H]ard|Gawd
I should literally be given some dam award for keeping up with these guys.

My z87 Deluxe that I bought at release, of course new, had its audio started showing signs and eventually the onboard audio went kapoot. It took ASUS I think it was 3 or 4 new RMA's and returns to finally get it fixed, or that;' This was I think either Q3 or Q4 of 2014.

Beginning of 2015, I accidentally spilled some water on my mobo, my WC loop leaked and after turning the rig off, it never turned on again, after drying it all up.

A little over two months to this day, I've sent the mobo over 5 times back, having multiple RMA's to only have it returned back to me, exactly how it was. I really didn't expect these guys to fix the audio in the first place, I'd like to say that it was luck.

I've been in talks with these guys long enough to know that the guy that I used to talk to 'George', has left the company.

This was my last response:

Hi Wade Z,

I just got my a day or two back and it shames me to say that it's working exactly as how I sent it in. I've sent in this board enough number of times that I can't even keep the count. I'm just literally sick of it now. I'm going to post my 6-month ASUS RMA story on number of forums, where I by go 'Ali Man', just to let them know the reality of my experience.

I don't know how hard is it to send another refurbished motherboard, if the piece of shit that you guys send me back and again refuses to work.

My response, Of course was harsh, of course was disrespectful, but that's the least when knowing that you bought a premium product that literally has no support. The problem is that ASUS support has got nothing to do with its actual repair dept, those guys are the real joke.

By saying all this, I'll probably only be using ASUS products given it already has no warranty and at a lower than retail price, giving me a piece of mind that at least I didn't buy the crap new.

BTW: I really don't think that the audio ever worked even after it came back numerous times as I had bought an external DAC to just use the DTS to get something going, from what I remember.

I should literally be given some dam award for keeping up with these guys.

My z87 Deluxe that I bought at release, of course new, had its audio started showing signs and eventually the onboard audio went kapoot. It took ASUS I think it was 3 or 4 new RMA's and returns to finally get it fixed, or that;' This was I think either Q3 or Q4 of 2014.

Beginning of 2015, I accidentally spilled some water on my mobo, my WC loop leaked and after turning the rig off, it never turned on again, after drying it all up.

A little over two months to this day, I've sent the mobo over 5 times back, having multiple RMA's to only have it returned back to me, exactly how it was. I really didn't expect these guys to fix the audio in the first place, I'd like to say that it was luck.
Asus is world renowned for shitty RMA service.

However, you sent a board back for warranty replacement on something that is not covered under warranty. I feel sorry for the guys that have true horror stories, but I'm struggling a bit to find sympathy for your situation that you caused.

Can you clarify? As your story reads, it sounds like Asus actually did what it was supposed to (first time for everything I guess): deny a warranty RMA claim for something not covered under warranty by sending you the board back.

Asus is world renowned for shitty RMA service.

However, you sent a board back for warranty replacement on something that is not covered under warranty. I feel sorry for the guys that have true horror stories, but I'm struggling a bit to find sympathy for your situation that you caused.

Can you clarify? As your story reads, it sounds like Asus actually did what it was supposed to (first time for everything I guess): deny a warranty RMA claim for something not covered under warranty by sending you the board back.

Alright, I'm glad that someone got it.

But then again, do you really think that I'm gonna tell those guys what really happened?

Or actually, let me put it this way, when I dried up and inspected the board, I could not find any burnt or shorted component.

ASUS didn't deny anything, getting an RMA from them is like getting an RMA after burning a chicken.

The fact still stays the same that these guys have no idea what they're doing.

just lol

do the crime do the time (6 months)

Here's what I think. If you accept the product as an RMA, then you owe me to fix it. Else, don't accept it in the first place.

By the definition of crime, this is far from one, I mean, those guys can be sued for the shit they're pulling in Jacksonville.

Here's what I think. If you accept the product as an RMA, then you owe me to fix it. Else, don't accept it in the first place.

By the definition of crime, this is far from one, I mean, those guys can be sued for the shit they're pulling in Jacksonville.

Wow...............just wow.

I feel bad for you about the onboard audio problem. I have definitely heard that Asus RMAs are pretty rough.

But everything that happened after the mobo got wet is on you.

You sent them a water damaged mobo, they sent you back a water damaged mobo.

Although ASUS does has world renowned shitty RMA service, I don't see the problem here.

I hope someone rips you off.
Harsh.

But im sorry, op. I can not sympathize with you after the water leak. That's the risk when water cooling. I've had that happened to me with a few mobos, but only when leak testing/bleeding while everything was off. They all ran fine after a day of drying up.

Harsh? First he tries to rip off a company by trying to slip an RMA thru on a board he water damaged, now he's going to try to rip-off some poor sap on Ebay.

He's nothing but a dishonest moron and apparently too stupid to leak test his water cooling before putting it into production.

Harsh? First he tries to rip off a company by trying to slip an RMA thru on a board he water damaged, now he's going to try to rip-off some poor sap on Ebay.

He's nothing but a dishonest moron and apparently too stupid to leak test his water cooling before putting it into production.
I agree with your premise, but saying things like hoping he gets ripped off is uncalled for. Two wrongs don't make it right.

is this guy for real? they accepted the rma because they did not yet know that he spilled on the board. only after inspection they deemed it un-coverable and sent it back to him. a little over a year ago i sent in a z77 board they they refused to repair because they said i sent it without the socket cover. i did have the cover on but had no stomach to continue fighting with them. in these types of situations i don't have much sympathy for any of my clients who insist on using asus boards in spite of my protests.

Threatens to post his horrible experience on forums while giving them some keywords to search for. Then admits to getting water on it. This guy lol.

OP just stop... You caused the issue. It was not covered under warranty. They sent back the same mobo because it was not covered. You lied to them to get an RMA. Yes you need to tell the truth. Seriously lacking some basic life skills here...

Can you post a link to your eBay listing? We would be happy to proof it for you. If its any more than $5 you're also dishonestly screwing the next guy.

Ali do me a favor and stop posting stupid crap like this. Did you honestly think Asus wouldn't figure out it had water damage. It would be an understandable issue if water damage was caused during transit to Asus or while with Asus during the RMA process but it was not. Once you spilled water on that board basically you were shit out of luck. Case closed.

So you guys are asking me if ASUS sent me the same mobo back because they knew that it had water damage? Incorrect! The mobo wouldn't turn on after what happened to it, however, after every consecutive return, they sent me a mobo that did power on, but that was the end of it.

My point was that if they don't refuse the RMA then they agree to fix it, which they didn't, each time, regardless of what i did or didn't do to the board, most of you guys are being side tracked by this actual true fact.

For that who asked, the wc leak was an arbitrary leak that happened out of the blue, I didn't change any components or do anything as such.

It's been listed as parts on eBay and it would obviously go more than $5 bucks, it already is.

Alright, I'm glad that someone got it.

But then again, do you really think that I'm gonna tell those guys what really happened?

Or actually, let me put it this way, when I dried up and inspected the board, I could not find any burnt or shorted component.

ASUS didn't deny anything, getting an RMA from them is like getting an RMA after burning a chicken.

The fact still stays the same that these guys have no idea what they're doing.

haha, wow. no sympathy. Good Job Asus.

Luckily, I have never had to RMA an ASUS product. I have owned several ASUS motherboards: X48 Rampage Formula (loved that board!), X58 P6T (great!), and I am currently using a Z77 Pro and love it. I love my ASUS boards... hope I don't ever have to RMA based on many people's horror stories.

Luckily, I have never had to RMA an ASUS product. I have owned several ASUS motherboards: X48 Rampage Formula (loved that board!), X58 P6T (great!), and I am currently using a Z77 Pro and love it. I love my ASUS boards... hope I don't ever have to RMA based on many people's horror stories.

ASUS no doubt makes great motherboards. I replaced the Z87 Deluxe with a Z97-A, and it's been running super, since I got it. Even my first official mobo was an ASUS g41 back in the 775 era.

It's just that their warranty dept is something else, and even when you talk to these guys on the phone. Before sending in the board the last time, they wanted me to reflash the bios as one of the steps to the symptoms I had. The guy on the phone told me that he'd send me the entire instructions via email in the next 30 mins to an hr, and that email never showed up.

I anyways read up the instructions on their website, but it's not to say that they didn't keep their word.

Wow. Just w-o-w.

Karma.bmp

People like you are why the RMA system has become SO FUCKED UP.

Water damage is the easiest damage to find.

Delete your account now and go away.

Someone send this thread to Asus?

Ya, YOU damaged your board then lied about why it didn't work and now you post online about it..

Dumb criminal of the day award goes to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They keep sending it back because they probably know you damaged it.

Pot calls kettle black.
I'll call out ASUS anytime I think they dropped the ball.
This ain't one of them.
Totally self inflicted.

Ali Man said:
My point was that if they don't refuse the RMA then they agree to fix it, which they didn't, each time, regardless of what i did or didn't do to the board, most of you guys are being side tracked by this actual true fact.

This actually isn't true - giving you an RMA number carries implication that they will attempt to duplicate and diagnose the problem, and if they can do so, they will repair/replace it. But part of this process also involves determining whether or not the board is still covered by warranty.

You could punch a hole through the board with a screwdriver, which obviously isn't covered by warranty, and just tell them "well it won't POST, I can't get anything out of it, but I've tested all of the other parts in another system and it works just fine."

So they give you an RMA number, get the motherboard from you and look at it. "Hmm," they say, "it appears that someone has punched a hole in this motherboard, which clearly isn't covered as a manufacturer defect."

And so they deny the repair and send it back to you, saying it is no longer covered by warranty. This is their right as the provider of the warranty, as they cannot be responsible for actions beyond their control.

What you've done is basically, you drove your car into a lake, then let it dry out. Then you called the dealership and said "hey, it won't start, can you guys take a look at it?"

So you have it towed to the dealership and they say, "yeah, there's water damage in the car. Looks like someone drove it into a lake, then waited for it to dry. We can't fix it."

And now you're the guy standing in the middle of the dealership, screaming that you'll sue for breach of warranty because they already agreed to fix it."

An RMA isn't an agreement to fix the product, regardless of condition or cause. You really should read these terms before you go spouting off entitled nonsense like this.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't find signs of water damage.

Also, "I lied to them and they said they would look at it, so now they have to fix it" is, again, not how these things actually work. Obviously you THINK that is how they work, though, and that seems to be where your problem lies.

It's been listed as parts on eBay and it would obviously go more than $5 bucks, it already is.

Is it this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUSTeK-COMPUTER-Z87-DELUXE-Intel-Motherboard-/291415324375

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i wonder if it was the pink bar code sticker on the sata ports that indicated to asus rma that the board has spill damage. apple products since 2009 have spill indicators inside them that turn white to pink.

1) You reap what you Sowe.

2) Water leaked, you're using a WC Loop. You had to know before hand that there was a chance of a leak and if it happened your NOT covered by RMA regardless if you think you deserve it. Which is why I personally ONLY use air cooling..

3) Came here to bemoan about your horrible experiance with ASUS RMA when you tried to cheat them out of a product? NICE.

4) I went ahead and posted this topic to the ASUS ROG forums for you. It can be found here.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...s-a-quot-Bad-quot-RMA-Rep&p=486626#post486626

5) I went ahead and PM'd Raja@ASUS this thread

6) While I feel for you about your Audio.. there are those of us out here who are actually Legitimately being victimized with LEGITIMATE problems, Like me for one, with my VII Hero that has a faulty DIM slot and now has to worry about being screwed because people LIKE YOU try to take advantage of the situation and bemoan when you feel you've been crossed while actually screwing the company of there own product.

7) when you actually want to become a Legitimate and Mature member of Society, please re attach your balls and apply for you're new Man card which may or may not be appointed to you. I'm not the community spokesperson however I will say that you're respect, if you had any within this community has just been throw out the window with this thread.

8) I don't care what others think of me, but I sure wont run around lying about things, complaining about a company and pointing fingers without taking responsibility for my own actions.

Last edited:

2) Water leaked, you're using a WC Loop. You had to know before hand that there was a chance of a leak and if it happened your NOT covered by RMA regardless if you think you deserve it. Which is why I personally ONLY use air cooling..

3) Came here to bemoan about your horrible experiance with ASUS RMA when you tried to cheat them out of a product? NICE.

4) I went ahead and posted this topic to the ASUS ROG forums for you. It can be found here.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...s-a-quot-Bad-quot-RMA-Rep&p=486626#post486626

6) While I feel for you about your Audio.. there are those of us out here who are actually Legitimately being victimized with LEGITIMATE problems, Like me for one, with my VII Hero that has a faulty DIM slot and now has to worry about being screwed because people LIKE YOU try to take advantage of the situation and bemoan when you feel you've been crossed while actually screwing the company of there own product.

7) when you actually want to become a Legitimate and Mature member of Society, please re attach your balls and apply for you're new Man card which may or may not be appointed to you. I'm not the community spokesperson however I will say that you're respect, if you had any within this community has just been throw out the window with this thread.

8) I don't care what others think of me, but I sure wont run around lying about things, complaining about a company and pointing fingers without taking responsibility for my own actions.

I applaud you for your actions, however you remind me of a fat kid i used to pick on in elementary school. lol.

anyways, shame on you for trying to screw Asus and if that eBay auction someone just posted is yours, you forgot to indicate the board has water damage. just sayin'

While this thread OP is the very essence of poor judgement and expecting something for nothing, this DOES NOT in any way shape or form excuse ASUS from it's well documented RMA failures in the past.
You can look all over this forum and see members getting jerked around over legit RMA cases.

Unfortunately, cases like this OP are the main reasons ASUS is so stubborn to accept legit RMA problems.
Their first inclination is to look hard at customer abuse.

crying-baby-FUNNY2.jpg

Wow, good job essentially self-incriminating yourself of warranty fraud.

No sympathy. In fact, most people here will give you the opposite.

I don't care how many wrongs make a left or what: I hope this happens to you many more times.

Back