My 5000BE arrived today.....

ClariorHincHonos

[H]ard|Gawd
5000be.jpg

I'll be putting this in my Abit NF-M2 nView this evening. :D:D

I still have one sealed in original packaging (along with a hd2900pro 512bit), waiting to pick up a 790fx mobo. I like the current AMD packaging, looks pretty cool.

I received mine about a month ago for use in my new build. Runs great - fast, cool - the awesome packaging is simply a bonus. You won't be disappointed with your purchase, trust me.

Don't forget to hold onto the black edition stickers, too.

I received mine about a month ago for use in my new build. Runs great - fast, cool - the awesome packaging is simply a bonus. You won't be disappointed with your purchase, trust me.

They have their own stickers? Sweet. Too bad that the Phenom BE has a regular Phenom sticker.

So after some logistical issues with the OS (was trying to nlite...no luck this time) I finally have it back up and running. It's set at 2.8 at the moment..Everest Ultimate Ed. is reporting 38*C for the CPU at idle. Seems a bit high, especially with a Thermalright HR-K8-01. I switched up my AS application method to the preferred "grain of rice" method...I guess I'll give it a day and see. I'll get some pics of the setup here soon. Heres one for now. *I will resize tomorrow when I have more time-forgot they were huge*

5kbe2.jpg

I also received mine a month ago too. I see we have the same cpu/motherboard combo. I have mine running at 2.8 stock volatge. What were you able to get the cpu up to on your gigabyte motherboard?

Thanks,

Scott

I also received mine a month ago too. I see we have the same cpu/motherboard combo. I have mine running at 2.8 stock volatge. What were you able to get the cpu up to on your gigabyte motherboard?

I just invested in one of these as well (have yet to update my sig). Very, very happy with it. I've got a different MB than you two (Asus M2N SLI Deluxe), but I'm running stock volts with a 14x215 setting for 3.01GHz. Haven't tried it under Windows yet, but it flies on Linux thus far - especially compiles.

Thanks for the heads up on the stickers-totally would have missed them otherwise. Have the OS all installed and configured...throwing games on now. Going to run some benches tomorrow maybe.

What kind of temps is everyone else running at 3GHz? I want to get an idea so I can see if my motherboard is being retarded or if it's accurate (I'm leaning toward it not being accurate).

I just got mine in today and it's running at 3.2 Ghz with 1.4 volt rock stable on an ASUS M2A-VM motherboard. Absolutely fantastic CPU! :D

What kind of temps is everyone else running at 3GHz? I want to get an idea so I can see if my motherboard is being retarded or if it's accurate (I'm leaning toward it not being accurate).

Unfortunately the temperature monitoring for Brisbanes is broken in Linux (or the Brisbane temp sensor is simply broken, so I've heard), so I can't get any accurate readings with an OS running at the moment. That being said, I'm running F@H on both cores and after doing that, if I boot into the BIOS and check temps there I was showing 33-34 C . That's using a ZEROtherm BTF90 heatsink.

what voltage? at 1.35v and 3.2ghz, my 5000+ tops out around 45-50ish with a zalman 9500. i should double check that though ;)

I'm still building my WC rig, but I'm running mine on a GA-MA770-DS3 mobo at 3ghz on stock volts (200x15) with a crappy alpine 64 cooler.

I've only run orthos for about 10 minutes and temps seem okay. Will do more testing later, I only got winders installed last night.

Since it's a new rig, I just want to get a baseline before I add water.

If I were to add the 8*C onto the temp thats recommended, at 3.0GHz (200x15) I have 25C idle and 42C orthos load. HSF is a AC Freezer 64 (temps off of coretemp)

Back