My 1st Intel build.. please be gentle :/

Discussion in 'PC Hound System Builder' started by James Robinson, Dec 6, 2016.

1. James Robinson

James Robinson n00bie

Ever notice how, every single time you do a new build, there's always a handful of progs you can't get installed properly? Seems everything is building erg passwords based on hardware config, so you change it enough and it doesn't work. You contact Customer Support and you find out the software you paid for... "Oh! We discontinued that last Summer, but the NEW software we offer is SO much better and only costs $29.99" or whatever the fuck *sigh*

Looks like my Christmas Presents I'm giving out this year are going to be a bunch of kicks in the bawlz

2. HeavensCloud

HeavensCloud Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo

What the hell software are you installing?

3. James Robinson

James Robinson n00bie

Real Player, Real Downloader, and Power DVD, as well as a few support progs that arent compatible with previous versions ..My CUE software from Corsair did a revision change too, damn if all my profiles, actions and scripts I painstakingly exported and saved can't be imported now :(

4. HeavensCloud

Doesn't VLC player do everything Real does and more? I haven't intentionally used Real software in 10 years. I think VLC does most of what PowerDVD can do as well.

Streiw likes this.
  5. James Robinson

James Robinson n00bie

I haven't been using VLC as much, its been having issues on my laptop with outputting sound properly to my receiver, so I just stopped using it. Mind you, haven't tried it on this new build yet.

6. HeavensCloud

I suggest you do :)

I used to use PowerDVD and Daemon Tools religiously, haven't touched them in YEARS.

7. evilwon

evilwon [H]Lite

Real *anything* was dead before the turn of the decade. Far better things out there. Heck, same with PowerDVD. What are your intended uses?

Ripskin likes this.
  8. Ripskin

Ripskin [H]ard|Gawd

I like VLC for some things but I much prefer Zoom Player. Once they got to version 10 and could read the video files straight off the Blu Ray disk I threw Power DVD in the recycle bin and did a happy dance. That turd of software cant even play my legally paid for media without Any DVD stripping the protection off... Zoom incorporated H265 In version 12 as well which was nice.

Lots of good players out there though and once one gets a feature its not long before the other popular ones pick it up. Definitely give VLC a try on the new system.

9. DoggyDaddi

DoggyDaddi Gawd

Using the K95RGB and the Scimitar, both USB... does this MB have the ability to turn on with keyboard? I know most will do PS2, but this one did away with those, so hoping there is another setting somewhere I just am not finding. While I was installing software and upgrading drivers, I DID have an issue where I could not actually turn the system off. It would power down and shut off, then start right back on again.. no idea why it was doing it, but almost immediately I had a BIOS update and it stopped being an issue. Thanks for any help (this is my home account, OP is my work account because I can't remember log ins and passwords to save my godamn life)