My 1st gen G15 died.

Westwood

[H]F Junkie
Started with the 1, 4, and 7 keys on the numberpad not working. Not the first time I split it open. Cleaned it out, and fixed the broken keys. However, now 3, W, E, S, D, and the left control key no longer work. I've had this thing apart all night trying to figure it out. All the ribbon cables are intact. I'm at my wit's end.

Dicking around looking for replacements and I'm hard pressed to spend almost $200 for a worth replacement (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...de_a_smtd&showDetailTechData=1#technical-data).

Suggestions for a reasonable replacement?

Ideally:

Programmable Keys
Backlit Keys
Integrated USB port
LCD screen

I'm really going to miss my G15. :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I also had my gen 1 g15 die on me. I replaced it with this:

Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard with Game Panel LCD Screen
by Logitech
Link: http://amzn.com/B00BCEK2LU

Its really as good as the gen 1, it didnt have the usb port however. It does have audio jacks on it however. Its a bit more reasonable at $93. Plus you can make the keys what ever color you want :)

I also had my gen 1 g15 die on me. I replaced it with this:

Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard with Game Panel LCD Screen
by Logitech
Link: http://amzn.com/B00BCEK2LU

Its really as good as the gen 1, it didnt have the usb port however. It does have audio jacks on it however. Its a bit more reasonable at $93. Plus you can make the keys what ever color you want :)

Ordered.

Thanks man. Right now I'm using something my wife had on he shelf in the basement. I think its from a Mac. No numberpad. There literally zero gap between the keys. This this can't even be 8" wide. I can hold the caps lock with my pinky and the delete key with my thumb.

I am going to miss the USB port in the keyboard, but of well. Perhaps I'll get a docking station or something for the desk.

Thanks man.

I'm still rocking the 1st gen G15 after having ordered the G510...

I loved everything about the G510, keys felt great, Mic/Audio + USB's all right there on the back, plus I'm a sucker for that LCD screen haha, always have CPU-Temp software running on it, but I did manage to get a defective one unfortunately.

Everytime I pressed and held a key, unless i held it down with A LOT of force (enough to hurt your fingers after a couple rounds in GO), it would only register the original keystroke and none of the held strokes at normal pressure. Caused me a few deaths very quickly in GO trying to pop in and out of cover on to hold A or D and have my CT not move... Notepad confirmed it wouldn't register held keys.

Amazon was great with the return process and it was pretty pain-free overall, I'd still recommend the keyboard to anyone. Hopefully you have better luck!

My left windows key no longer works on mine, either does the lcd panel, its lit up orange but no data ios shown. Really want a mech keyboard

G510 will be here tomorrow. I tried my G15 again last night. I got the 3 and E working again for a little bit. Then it stopped working all of a sudden. I think its where the ribbon cables connect into the circuit board. Just sucks. I loved my G15. And the fact it has zero moving parts and I can't fix it is driving me up a freaking wall. >.<

let us know how you like the new one

I have a working OG G15 I would probably let go to an appreciative home

let us know how you like the new one

I have a working OG G15 I would probably let go to an appreciative home

Duly noted. I'll keep tinkering with mine. If I get it working, I'll bring it to work. The G keys will turn 25m of actual work a day into about 11m of actual work. :D

Just as in your case, i swapped my G15 v2 for a G510s and absolutely love it. Not that into mechanical keyboards tho.

Look for it a better price, as i paid for it brand new with 2 yrs warranty for around 60$. That deal is over tho. Maybe you can find it on BF

my v1 G15 is in the closet, still works great just dont use it

Been using this G510 for a few days now. Still getting a little used to it. It sits flatter then the G15. Its also much quieter; but I'm not sure if that's because its so new. Otherwise, its a really nice keyboard. I'm happy with the purchase.

Back