My 12v rail, according to Speedfan, is at 13.01v

Awryter

n00b
As title says. I replaced my defective graphics card, which kept my 12v rail hovering at 12.7v, which I thought was high, but this is too much, right? What is the disadvantage of having such a reading? As well, my 3.3v is sitting at 3.15-3.2v.

My PS is an Enermax EG465P, which is rated at 435w. My system is relatively stable though. Anything to worry about here?

13.01 if correct would be out of spec. Check your voltages with a DMM speedfan is still a software reading.

never trust software for voltages. Bust out a multimeter and get a real reading. If it really is at 13V then yeah, that's not gonna fly and a new psu would probably be in order.

I usually don't trust software for monitoring voltages either but most of the time their readings aren't that far off from reality. But yeah, test it with a multimeter to make sure.

they are cheap Mults out there to. I was a big spending and paid $3.00 for mine =)

I always found it to be quite a nice board. I used it's little brother (the K8N Neo Plat) for quite some time with my old 3000+ newcastle. Once you got past the first few bios revs it was great. Stock bios sucked, though.

Awryter said:
MSI Neo2 Platinum (NForce 3 Ultra chipset)

Love that motherboard, used it until last month. Don't trust any software voltage readings though. It would show me totally random numbers between 11.5 and 12.7 while a reliable multimeter was rock solid at 12.17-12.21v.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
I always found it to be quite a nice board. I used it's little brother (the K8N Neo Plat) for quite some time with my old 3000+ newcastle. Once you got past the first few bios revs it was great. Stock bios sucked, though.

Had one fail, RMA'd, got a new one, it also failed.

I've never had any problems with the board. Actually, besides the occasional hanging on restart, it's been the most stable board I've ever had. Performs really well too.

Back