My 11 year old doing 128mph in a go-gart

kate_driving.jpg

kate_driving2.jpg

Gotta love VR! :D

Nice pics and setup!

Your daughter might not like you taking a picture of her.....or she is using the paddle shifter.

Nice pics and setup!

Your daughter might not like you taking a picture of her.....or she is using the paddle shifter.

Thanks! Yup, paddle shifting. I don't have to worry about the finger for at least another couple years. (I hope!)

Is she left foot braking in the top pic?

Err, ya. Going to have to "brake" her of that habit. :D

At OP did you build the frame yourself or aftermarket? I wanted one done years ago but local quotes = fairly expensive.

This is so awesome! Nice setup....

Now, how did you convince her to actually give it a go?

Well, there's that, but I'm hoping to teach her to drive before she does it for real 4 years from now... and in a non-racecar. Heh!

Actually did a thread on it a few months back. Check it out here: VR Sim Chair build for Vive/Rift

Yeah I've been doing the same, started powerwheels early on, she's going to have to master a sim before I let her drive anything.

Her mother drove my mother in law's car into a pine tree - all the way. Backed out, didn't turn the wheel, and drove right back in. My daughter has about the same driving ability.

Definitely an awesome setup. Got the Vive... I think I'd have to buy my wife a new house with a man cave if I ever wanted a chair like that!

hahah nice!!

Rift is great for sit-down sim racing imo.
I spy some gt omega parts in your rig =)

I was an on-off sim racer with an old logitech g25 that i would stick up to my desk from time to time.. but than after buying the rift cv1 a few months ago.. made me invest big time into a sim setup..
so i bought the gt omega art seat.. thrustmaster t500, 599 xx evo wheel. fanatec clubsport ebrake , thrustmaster th8a shifter, ricmotec load cell etc.. love it!
14568056_10154212269273557_6709451808006785911_n.jpg

Thanks. Now I want to break out my Logitech gear and play a bunch of Dirt games. So much fun. Especially the crazy overpowered cars.

Back