MX700 is there ever conflicts at LAN's?

The_In_Kid

Limp Gawd
i have that lan party this weekend this will be the first one i'll be going to but the question is, is there ever conflicts with more then 2 MX700 mice in the same room?

If they are on the same channel, most likely there will be. I was in the same room with someone who had the cordless mouseman optical on the same channel as me and I experienced interference. As soon as I switched to a different channel though, it went away.

I have one and when i go to LAN's i try to get a place against a wall, theres less problem. In front of another mx700 is definitly a problem, you have to reconnect using the little button on the mouse so it change channel.

I would not ever get a cordless keyboard since i saw a video of some freeks placing a receiver in a windows and get all the info the guy was typing just to show how easy it was... scared me....

Originally posted by embro
I have one and when i go to LAN's i try to get a place against a wall, theres less problem. In front of another mx700 is definitly a problem, you have to reconnect using the little button on the mouse so it change channel.

I would not ever get a cordless keyboard since i saw a video of some freeks placing a receiver in a windows and get all the info the guy was typing just to show how easy it was... scared me....

Eek! They will know how many times you type MilfHunter.com
:mad:

Interference will probably be one of your lesser concerns at a LAN with wireless KB & mouse. It is amazingly easy to reach over and just grab a MX700 set that isn't physically glued down, which defeats the purpose of it being wireless. Leave it at home, bring a wired set. They disappear a lot less.

Originally posted by SuperBoatDude586
Interference will probably be one of your lesser concerns at a LAN with wireless KB & mouse. It is amazingly easy to reach over and just grab a MX700 set that isn't physically glued down, which defeats the purpose of it being wireless. Leave it at home, bring a wired set. They disappear a lot less.

This man has a point. In fact last time I LANed I brought my 700, someone thought it would be funny to take it, and use it in their pocket while I'm harrassing everyone asking who the hell has my mouse.
Needless to say, I cried :D

JAY KAY

Edit: Yay, 300 posts

Back