MX700 Batteries Dying? Where to Buy New?

Shinji

Gawd
I've had my MX700 since it first came out and now when I put the mouse in the charger is flashes the red light while charging. I believe this means that the batteries aren't holding a charge anymore? And when I take it off the charger it basically starts up flashing red right away.

So where do I get new batteries and what type should I get? I know there are different ratings and stuff? I'm a noob at this....sorry.

Format _C: said:
You can get any NIMH batteys rated at 1500MAH or higher

I would recommend getting 1800MAh or higher. 2200MAH are awesome, and you do not have to recharge them that often...

I use Rayovac 1800mAH NiMH batteries and they work great. I can use it continuously for just about a week before I have to charge it on the stand.

Heh Radio$hack you can get a 4 pack of rayovack 1800mah for $9.99 at walmart

i get the 2100mah energizers from walmart and instead of the cradle i use a stand alone charger.

cant you charge nimh batteries at any time without worrying about overcharging? why would you wait a week when like, you sleep and can charge it then?

dwayne001 said:
cant you charge nimh batteries at any time without worrying about overcharging? why would you wait a week when like, you sleep and can charge it then?
i donno i just find it easier than fiddling with the cradle till it charges and this way i get 4-5 days on one set and have a set sitting waiting to be used

dwayne001 said:

NiMH batteries dont have the "memory problem" as opposed to the NiCd batteries...I'm just too lazy to put it on the charger every nite. I wait til the low bat. indicator comes on before i put it on.

i see the low bat indicator put it on for 15 minutes then leave it on for a another few days

TsayYote said:
NiMH batteries dont have the "memory problem" as opposed to the NiCd batteries...I'm just too lazy to put it on the charger every nite. I wait til the low bat. indicator comes on before i put it on.

I don't wanna sound rude but that's just silly. You're gonna leave the machine, you just slide the mouse in there. like laziness is not bothering, your prob is like a lack of common sense. It's like complaining about being hungry when there's perfectly good food right in front of you....in like liquid form so you don't have to chew.

dwayne001 said:
I don't wanna sound rude but that's just silly. You're gonna leave the machine, you just slide the mouse in there. like laziness is not bothering, your prob is like a lack of common sense. It's like complaining about being hungry when there's perfectly good food right in front of you....in like liquid form so you don't have to chew.

I have my mouse reciever down under my computer desk proped behind some wooden slat so its hidden and I have to get on the floor and reach behind to put my mouse on the stand. That's why I wait 'til the mouse bat LED comes on before I charge it. But lately I've been using the charger that was meant for the Rayovac batteries I have. It's a little tedious to take the batteries out of the mouse and put them in the charger then plug the charger into the only open outlet I have behind my dresser. I also bought 4 more Rayovac batt's so while the ones I was using are charging, I just slip in 2 new ones.

If the mouse continues to flash red when put into the charger, that means its not even detecting that its in the charger....

Check the contacts on the bottom of the mouse, they should NOT be recessed into the mouse, if they are, your mouse is broken. Check the contacts on the charger, they should be fully extended. They should feel spring loaded if you push them down.

If all the contacts check out OK, get a pencil eraser or better yet get a Q-Tip with the highest concentration alcohol you can get. Wipe the contacts on both the mouse and charger.

Try to charge the mouse again...

just to debunk the myth, a NiMh batt will still develop memory... All batteries must be properly conditioned or they will lose efficiency. However, it is less affected than a NiCd.

also, make sure that your mouse is seated in the charger properly...it sounds silly, but i've dropped my mx900 into the carger and left it for a whole nap only to come back and find that the contacts on the mouse weren't aligned with those on the base...grr

if you buy after market batteries can they still be charged in the charger? just wondering cause I have some NimH batteries about and was wondering if I could just stop using my other charger and use the cradle instead

dwayne001 said:
also, make sure that your mouse is seated in the charger properly...it sounds silly, but i've dropped my mx900 into the carger and left it for a whole nap only to come back and find that the contacts on the mouse weren't aligned with those on the base...grr

Exactly. Sometimes I have to slam my mx700 into the charger in order to make contact.

I'm 99% sure it's not your battery.

Perrupa said:
if you buy after market batteries can they still be charged in the charger? just wondering cause I have some NimH batteries about and was wondering if I could just stop using my other charger and use the cradle instead
if they're the same type as the oem's, then yes.

dolphumous said:
Exactly. Sometimes I have to slam my mx700 into the charger in order to make contact.

I'm 99% sure it's not your battery.

fwiw, my batteries have died in my mx700 before. I'm now on my 3rd one, and I've already filed my 4th RMA for it. Logitech said they'd send me an mx1000 this time.

I charge it (green light comes on, and everything) but it doesn't last more than 30 minutes without the red light comming on.

TsayYote said:
I have my mouse reciever down under my computer desk proped behind some wooden slat so its hidden and I have to get on the floor and reach behind to put my mouse on the stand. That's why I wait 'til the mouse bat LED comes on before I charge it. But lately I've been using the charger that was meant for the Rayovac batteries I have. It's a little tedious to take the batteries out of the mouse and put them in the charger then plug the charger into the only open outlet I have behind my dresser. I also bought 4 more Rayovac batt's so while the ones I was using are charging, I just slip in 2 new ones.

i'd love to see a pic of that setup...

dwayne001 said:
i'd love to see a pic of that setup...

You request, I deliever...

4163057e21761.jpg

41630593c2982.jpg

416305a1f36c0.jpg

416305b994370.jpg

We would all MUCH rather see the charger on the desk.

[scolls back up to look at 'foot sweat']

[Shakes head 'NO' in shame]

lmfao

dolphumous said:
We would all MUCH rather see the charger on the desk.

[scolls back up to look at 'foot sweat']

[Shakes head 'NO' in shame]

lmfao

I'm getting a new computer desk sometime in the next couple of weeks, so i'll be putting it on the desk, but for now it stays under there. And the foot sweat is now gone. :cool:

The whole mouse not charging when put in stand is a bttery issue... I found that the rechargables i use wear out and the first symptom is not charging right in the stand... When I pop in a fresh pair it works fine again...

Back