MX510 humming sound

Kite

n00b
I found other day that my mx510 makes high pitch humming sound when I put it against my ear. does anyone notice this?

My MX1000 doesn't make a humming noise... nor does my friends MX510.

I'd suggest NOT going to a store and seeing if the mouses there do... might look kinda weird.

My Logitech Dual Optical seems to make a very slight sharp sound from the front of it, where the cord connects to the mouse.

Kite said:
I found other day that my mx510 makes high pitch humming sound when I put it against my ear. does anyone notice this?

nope no sound here and what are you doing putting it upto your ear .. ( actually i don't want to know :eek: )

i wonder what inside the mouse could create the noise anyway..i opened my mx510 just to see how "moddable" it was...it should be really really easy, but there really isnt anything inside the mouse that could really make a noise...unless its some sort of electronic..um...thinggababob that could do that that i'm not aware of

Yes I hear it too, very high pitched noise, kind of hard to hear over case fans.

wierd, I've never listened to my MX500 before, it does emit a high pitched sound...

Ditto, mine also makes that same noise. However, it's inaudible once I set the mouse down.

because of you guys...i just huddled underneath my desk with my mouse struggling to hear any noise over the 4 running computers in this room.....

there is a noise.

high pitched..kinda like the sound of a muted TV...which i hate... :D thus as common sense dictates, i'll only use the mouse with the computer running...any computer running :D

Before I saw this thread can't hear nothing from my mouse... I just tried listening to my MX700 non but my MX510 does a high pitch sound in a whisper like sound... now even tho its far from my ear I'm imagining and hearing it damn...

Edit: damn I'm still hearing it damn

when i was a kid that ear noise used to keep me awake it identical to the TV mute noise..havent turned on the tube voluntarily for 2 or 3 years now.
..ever have one of those nights where for some reason you can hear ur every heart beat?.

Try another mouse. If it's still there, it's your power supply, so get a real power supply :)

Well I'm confused, why is the other guy making the thread starter get a new PSU?? I say that's not the prob I guess it's normal to have that whisper sound high pitch noise.

weird :confused: lol.

Don't know if its just me but the 'noise' is very noticeable when I max the speaker volume and scroll the wheel around back and forth.

Pixeleet said:
Try another mouse. If it's still there, it's your power supply, so get a real power supply :)

there is no other mouse..there is no other mouse...there is no other mouse, there is no other mouse.. repeat it to urself as a mantra of faith in the wonder of MX510..i'm not a fan of wireless mice, but the MX1000 looks really really inviting..3-4 week life, laser, etc..

the noise comes from the mouse, not the case,
btw, an antec 500W is a real powersupply :cool:

WillowHawk said:
btw, an antec 500W is a real powersupply :cool:
i didn't know antec made 500w psu's, theres nothing on their website that even hints they make a 500w psu

my mistake, seems i took the sticker off while modding it, and my father was the one who told me it was an antec. since i friggin cant find the sticker, i'll just say that its a 500 W...and cower on the side in shame

i feel like a total idiot now..

WillowHawk said:
my mistake, seems i took the sticker off while modding it, and my father was the one who told me it was an antec. since i friggin cant find the sticker, i'll just say that its a 500 W...and cower on the side in shame

i feel like a total idiot now..
lol, I complain about the stupidest things sorry

EDIT: why the hell is this in the audio forum now? this has nothing to do with computer audio

mine gives off a barely audible high pitch sound when i hold it up to my ear... truepower 430 PSU here.

i think that that ringing noise in ears is normal, and i also think that the noise that the mouse is making is normal.

Its not just Logitech. My Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 makes the high pitched noise as well. However, it goes away when the led turns off when the mouse enters power saving mode. Perhaps the led is making the sound.

yeah ringing of the ears is normal just think about them ringing and they will be..it isnt the loud ringing that u get once in a while its just a subconstience level ringing.

Ok gentlemem, I'm from Division 6. You all need to look at me now and stare at the end of this device I've got here... Just a sec while I put on my glasses... :cool:

<FLASH>

None of you have heard noise from your mice, you will not put up your mouse to your ear again. Carry on.

;)

Haha, wow, I never realized this. I put my MX500 to my ear and it makes a highpitch humming noise, too.

WillowHawk said:
when i was a kid that ear noise used to keep me awake it identical to the TV mute noise..havent turned on the tube voluntarily for 2 or 3 years now.
..ever have one of those nights where for some reason you can hear ur every heart beat?.

I gotta get me some of whatever this guy is on....

MiXdNuTs said:
I gotta get me some of whatever this guy is on....

ROTFLMAO!...did i type that?!?!

well, i didnt mean to sound so....um....unbalanced.... basically, i get annoyed by certain noises...when i'm trying to sleep and i can hear my heartbeat...it annoys me (not that i wish for death, jsut that it annoys me)....

when the TV is on Mute. it still makes this high pitched noise..something with the capacitors i think. this noise is pretty much like what the mx510 makes...except is louder, and i can hear it through walls. this also annoys me..which is why i dont watch TV.

^slightly less..um...insane sounding? maybe?

meh. who cares anyway :D

i just listened to my MX700 and MX500 and i don't hear anything. then again, i've always had a high pitched ringing in my ears for as long as i can remember(had a lot of ear problems as a child). maybe it's just the same frequency and i just don't notice it.

your mouse seems to be set in hummingbird mode.

mine makes no sound whatsoever, maybe a component inside the mouse is dying or something.

WillowHawk said:
ROTFLMAO!...did i type that?!?!

well, i didnt mean to sound so....um....unbalanced.... basically, i get annoyed by certain noises...when i'm trying to sleep and i can hear my heartbeat...it annoys me (not that i wish for death, jsut that it annoys me)....

when the TV is on Mute. it still makes this high pitched noise..something with the capacitors i think. this noise is pretty much like what the mx510 makes...except is louder, and i can hear it through walls. this also annoys me..which is why i dont watch TV.

^slightly less..um...insane sounding? maybe?

meh. who cares anyway :D
I hear mute tvs also, but i dont quite know if i can hear it through walls because i live in a 1 room house. Yes, a 1 room house, i wish for death, wait, im drunk,
wait im confused, whats is going on here/going on in here. oh shit

Back