MX1000 Delay Problems ?

moetop

[H]ard|Gawd
I found this thread of someone documenting a delay with a MX1000. There are people noticing a delay when lifting and setting the mouse down.

I will spare you the search through their thread to find the video and give you the link to the specefic message in the thread.
http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310&st=300&p=5464&#entry5464

I played with mine, and there is a delay. It is very small, but it is there.

Just passing the good news along. :(

how is the mouse otherwise.. i dont make it a habbit of picking up my mouse and slamming it down repeatedly

i've been considering picking one up

Thats the most retarted thing I've ever seen... I watched that video clip...who would pick up and slam the mouse down repeatdly on their mousepad like that?

And no less during gaming? thats a sure way to die.

I love my mx510 i looked at the 1000 but don't like how it fits in my hand * that is what i keep telling my self * :D

tools. Why would they perform tests like that? Why not try it in an actual game setting? My buddies bought me the MX Duo set up (Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse, MX 700 mouse) for my birthday and I love it. At first I had some issues with the mouse and gaming but I didn't have my USB drivers installed for my motherboard; yeah I'm retarded. After installing them the little lag I noticed in games and in windows dissappeared. So far I'm happy as a pig in shit with my mouse and keyboard combo.

Some people are reporting that the MX1000 works with the charging station that came with my MX700 set up. Is this true? If so that would mean I could technically upgrade to the MX1000 down the road if I so desired... Correct? From the video that I watched of that tool banging both the MX700 and the MX1000 they appear to have simular performance. It seems like from what I have read from others in the forums that the MX1000 isn't really all that it's cracked up to be; is this true? Can someone with a little bit better testing methods confirm this? LOL....

The receiver from the MX700 might work with the MX1000 but the charger won't, you'd still have to use the other bay afaik to charge it. They use completely different batteries so they wouldn't be compatible.

On the good side, I have the MX1000 and it needs a whole lot less charging than the MX700, and feels much nicer (ergonomically). I haven't had a change to test it properly in games yet, seemed good so far. I don't mind the weight either, I don't really like super-light flyaway mice anyway, it's nice and solid.

Well he did the test in responce to feeling a diffrence between the 700 and 1000 when playing games. When you play FPS sometimes you need to lift and re-set your mouse when you are at the end of your wrist travel. Sometimes you dont even know you are doing it. This is all dependant on how much speed you have cranked into your mouse settings as well as wheather you keep turning in one direction which can depend on the situation in the game. I do not think anyone playes games like that video, but I do think that someone could notice a delay when lifting and moving the mouse. The video is ment to demonstrate that there is a delay not how he plays.

I am liking my mx1000 so far with one exception. My pinky slides off the bottom of the right hand side of the mouse. I have large hands and my fingers go past the indentations that are ment to help in positioning. I need to play some more to determine if the delay is actualy affecting me or not. I think there will be a lot of people whining about it, and probably a percentage that just need to sit down and adjust their settings. It took me a while with the speed settings to get it to where it felt good.

I have watched the videos side by side playing at the same time. He is actualy moving the mx700 faster than the mx1000 and it continues tracking, if you use this as an indicator then the 700 has better performance after you lift and set the mouse.

I have had problems with optical mice on certin surfaces. While I have not tested the mx1000 on many surfaces yet, the tracking seems to be very nice.

A good example of a tracking issue with an optical mouse would be on a reflective surface.. Anything that is shiny can cause problems. I have has issues with some of the older opticals and my Ratpad. Dell used to ship mouse pads that were textured with a pattern. If the pad got slightly cocked from center the mouse would freek out. I think it was reflecting light back up into the mouse at odd angles confusing the mouse.

I am really interested in seeing what Logitech is going to do about it. There is more than 1 person complaining about this, so it's not just 1 person banging his mouse around.

So really our conclusion is that the MX700 is a little bit better then the MX1000. So really the MX1000 can just be used on more surfaces right? They both use the same wireless engine correct; it's just that one is a little bit more accurate then the other.

I guess at this point for users who already own the MX700 there really is no point in getting the MX1000. Except for bragging rights. :p

Here you go people, the ultimate uber geek mouse test (actually more of a user test).

Click here and hit"Begin"
Its pretty self explanatory, but for those who are completely incompetent, click on go, then a stop button will appear, you have to connect the two squares with your mouse, only problem? You aren't allowed to see your cursor.

Heres my notes on the video:
He sets it down once like normal and it tracks fine...right?
then he does the stupid back and forth flying thing, Seems to me that it works fine if you pick it up and set it backdown then move it, but i bet i cant focus if you are changing the distance you are away from the pad and the direction at the same time.

Seems to me im much more likely to do the first thing then the second, and i know ive ran out of pad before, but as long as your not trying to mouse in 3 axis at once, you should be fine! :)

that's a stupid test...

A real test would be to play a game and see if you notice any problems. As has been suggested when you run out of pad people often lift and reset the mouse position without even noticing. BUT the height that I personally lift the mouse when doing that is bugger all, just enough such that it doesnt scrap.

Best bet would be to get the mouse test it out for a couple of days and see how it goes. If you dont like then return it.

Tried the mouse in games and I didn't notice any lags or delays, mouse was absolutely fine. It definitely is not worse than the MX700, judging from my (admittedly limited so far) testing.

I picked it up and put it down and there was no delay as far as I could tell.

Syphon Filter said:
that's a stupid test...
Agreed, now if theres lag in games then that would be a problem but to slam the mouse around and call that a test is pretty damn stupid.

Hopefully Koneko (or would that be kitten?;) ) would be gracious enough to test it in a few FPS or any other games. Or really anyone else that has it.

Hehe, *sniff*, someone that got my username

I tried COD and UT2k4, both were fine, didn't personally notice a difference between it, the MX700 we have, and the MX500 I still have.

I didn't try the test from the mpgs, because, to be honest, I don't really consider it a test. I don't slam my mouse up and down repeatedly while playing. I do end up on the end of the mat and have to pick the mouse up (handy with cordless), and didnt notice a lag or delay then either.

koneko said:
Hehe, *sniff*, someone that got my username
LOL, I know alittle japanese so it clicked when I saw your name.
I tried COD and UT2k4, both were fine, didn't personally notice a difference between it, the MX700 we have, and the MX500 I still have.
Thanks for that, if no one else seens any lag then I guess this isn't really anything to worry about. :)

Back