MX 518 Gaming Mouse Scroll Wheel

Audiochris

[H]ard|Gawd
Does the scroll wheel on the Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse have a smooth feel when scrolling or is it the clicky kind like older mice? I haven't bought a mouse in a while and I'm upgrading from an Intellimouse 3.0 that has a really smooth scroll wheel. I prefer smooth.

Last edited:
clicky

Using one as I type this....and have been for a long time !...Great mouse ;)

Clicky.

On a mildly related note, the scroll wheel on my MX510 just stopped working. Damn.

Thanks for the info. I was able to try one today and liked everything about it except the scroll wheel. I was about to buy it anyway but I tried a Razer Death Adder and loved the way it felt in my hand. I had never really considered the Razer as I always thought they were over hyped.

They are hyped and are also unreliable. Friend of mine has been through 4 different Razer mice finally gave up on them and uses a Logitech now.

MX-518 for life. Ive had a couple stop working on me...the right and left buttons...Logitech support sent out a new one with in a day or two...didnt even want the old one back.

Clicky.. I've been using mine for years... however after using it so much the scroll wheel is much more smooth than it was when I first bought it, used to be very clicky for my tastes now I don't notice it at all.

On a mildly related note, the scroll wheel on my MX510 just stopped working. Damn.

i had the same thing with my mx518 at work. scroll wheel started to behave poorly - scrolling sometimes but taking 30-40 spins to get half-way down the page. i took the mouse apart (3 screws on the bottom of the mouse, covered by the sticker) and removed some junk/hair from the wheel assembly. put it back together and worked like a charm. if you need instructions i found this thread helpful (just try not to loose any of the springs;))

I'm using one too, and as the others mentioned, its clicky. In fact, I've came across non gaming mouse that have smoother scrolling. But its certainly isn't loud like most generic mouse, if you are concern about the noise it makes

But I still like it anyway, for the 3 different sensitivity setting and extra side buttons, all comes at a very cheap price, so no complains from me

I think i've just gotten used to the completely smooth wheel of the explorer. The clicky wheels on the recent logitech mice really aren't that bad. The Razer is clicky as well. I've had some really crappy wheels on logitech mice back in the win98 days and that was really the only reason I was asking the question. If the razer wasn't so comfortable in my hand I would have bought the logitech. I have heard about some reliability issues with the razers, especially concerning the death adder, which is the one i got. Hopefully i won't end up experiencing them. Thanks for all the input though.

Back