MW3's "elite" (premium) service, Beginning of the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are just ignorant. You make an ignorant statement backed up by nothing. My wife is a console gamer, she was Valedictorian of her high school class and is almost done with her Masters program. She loves the Map packs for black ops. So according to you she is stupid and oblivious. In reality she is intelligent and likes to play games to relax. A lousy $15 for a few cool maps is worth the price in her eyes. People like you are fail. People in this thread have talked about their freedoms being taken away. What freedoms? This is the last time I waste my time in this area of these forums.

These threads at first were funny, but now I see them for what they are, a bunch of idiots posting nonsense about bending over because people buy games.

I will buy Diablo 3 and I don't give two shits about whether it costs money to play or if I have to have a live internet connection while playing. My wife and I will continue to buy map packs and other DLC and we won't waste another second worrying about all of the greedy little tools out there who want everything for free.:D

Your wife must be a 12 year old brat of a boy who has mummy's CC info in her Xbox... well at least according to half the people here that's the case because CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY all people who play COD and on consoles none the less are childish, have low standards and are mentally inferior to the heroes of gaming that frequent this forum. :p

Your wife must be a 12 year old brat of a boy who has mummy's CC info in her Xbox... well at least according to half the people here that's the case because CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY all people who play COD and on consoles none the less are childish, have low standards and are mentally inferior to the heroes of gaming that frequent this forum. :p
This too. :D

You are just ignorant. You make an ignorant statement backed up by nothing. My wife is a console gamer, she was Valedictorian of her high school class and is almost done with her Masters program. She loves the Map packs for black ops. So according to you she is stupid and oblivious. In reality she is intelligent and likes to play games to relax. A lousy $15 for a few cool maps is worth the price in her eyes. People like you are fail. People in this thread have talked about their freedoms being taken away. What freedoms? This is the last time I waste my time in this area of these forums.

These threads at first were funny, but now I see them for what they are, a bunch of idiots posting nonsense about bending over because people buy games.

I will buy Diablo 3 and I don't give two shits about whether it costs money to play or if I have to have a live internet connection while playing. My wife and I will continue to buy map packs and other DLC and we won't waste another second worrying about all of the greedy little tools out there who want everything for free.:D

No, everything he said is right. You are wrong.

My wife is a console gamer, she was Valedictorian of her high school class and is almost done with her Masters program.

And plays moronic nonsense like COD?
The fact is{whether you like it or not}, those who favour PC gaming think very little of COD and the mentality of those who play it, and whilst there might be some exceptions, it's clear that the typical COD player is dopey and constantly wooed by the same shitty GFX and fancy advertising.

As for the cost of PC games, I'm someone who'd much rather they INCREASED the cost of games and ensured the final product reflected that, and ensured proper precision and peripheral support, unlike most Arcade/simcade racing games of late.

The quality of gaming is being constantly eroded along with all the benefits we received in the past, yet you expect us to judge you and yours as "intelligent" despite clearly touching your toes and rolling out the red carpet for the likes of EA type greedy scumbags.

You're nothing more than a poster child for mediocrity.

The fact is{whether you like it or not}, those who favour PC gaming think very little of COD and the mentality of those who play it, and whilst there might be some exceptions, it's clear that the typical COD player is dopey and constantly wooed by the same shitty GFX and fancy advertising.

O' rly? I am in the top 9% of my grade, constantly straight A's (92-100%) and yet I enjoy CoD. I enjoy Crysis as well, I enjoy Metro2033 (mainly GFX games, although metro has a nice story and gameplay). I am sorry but I play games I enjoy, that are fun.

As for the cost of PC games, I'm someone who'd much rather they INCREASED the cost of games and ensured the final product reflected that, and ensured proper precision and peripheral support, unlike most Arcade/simcade racing games of late.

The quality of gaming is being constantly eroded along with all the benefits we received in the past, yet you expect us to judge you and yours as "intelligent" despite clearly touching your toes and rolling out the red carpet for the likes of EA type greedy scumbags.

Life is pain...life is only pain.

O' rly? I am in the top 9% of my grade, constantly straight A's (92-100%) and yet I enjoy CoD. I enjoy Crysis as well, I enjoy Metro2033 (mainly GFX games, although metro has a nice story and gameplay). I am sorry but I play games I enjoy, that are fun.

Do you agree with the consolization of PC gaming?
Btw, did you find Metro2033 weapons to be console clunky?.....I couldn't stand it after a few minutes as I'm used to games like Far Cry/FEAR/Crysis/GRAW, all of which have excellent if not class leading gun mechanics.

Life is pain...life is only pain.

Life is what you make of it, and you prefer shallow games stripped to the bone in the name of profit maximization, so it's obvious you're easy to please and will never have a hard life or demand anything more challenging than navigating peak hr traffic.

Do you agree with the consolization of PC gaming?
Btw, did you find Metro2033 weapons to be console clunky?.....I couldn't stand it after a few minutes as I'm used to games like Far Cry/FEAR/Crysis/GRAW, all of which have excellent if not class leading gun mechanics.

No I don't. The thing is, most "PC exclusives" lately have not interested me whatsoever.(Hard Reset being one of them). The settings/story just aren't that appealing to me. A game like CoD always has a decent single player(no I did not say it is amazing) and a fun mulitplayer.

I found the guns in Metro to be alright.

Life is what you make of it, and you prefer shallow games stripped to the bone in the name of profit maximization, so it's obvious you're easy to please and will never have a hard life or demand anything more challenging than navigating peak hr traffic.
Seriously. I have standards. I wish that every game that is released could be some deep "hardcore" experience. That's just not realistic.

I'll play pretty much any and every game that looks interesting.

Am I 100% thrilled with the trends that take away from a "hardcore" experience? No, I'll admit it can be a drag sometimes. At the same time I understand why things are the way they are.

I play games mainly for mind relaxation and enjoy competing alot also. Nothing has taken those 2 things away from me. I still have my mouse and kb and I can still piece my own machines together. Anything beyond that is left into the hands of either some multi-million dollar company or some up and coming group of genius developers that get and understand that there is a crowd that needs a "hardcore" experience.

OK, try this arguement.

To start with, the region I live in, Seattle, is trying to toll a bridge into seattle itself. Now, that's annoying, and I'll avoid the bridge now (paying $6 to get INTO and back OUT of seattle is too much - you pay both ways) but here's the kicker: you either have an RFID tag on your car so they can bill you, or they take a photo of your license plate.

If you go the photo route, they charge you EXTRA for having to send you a bill. The RFID route however SUCKS for this reason: I have to maintain a constant balance on the account associated with the tag. I have to give the state my money IN ADVANCE. I have to pay them $30 before I ever am even going to drive over the bridge.

Sound familiar? Like asking someone to pay money up front to get DLC packs? It's exactly what is going on with GoW3.

As for the valedictorian thing? My bro was valedictorian in HS, got a free ride to college. Valedictorian in college. Free ride to law school. Do I trust him to fix stuff around the house? Not really. He's getting better though. Trust him to build a PC? Never. Trust him to have common sense? Not so much. Again, he's getting better.

My point is, valedictorian and grades do not mean someone has common sense, is a success or anything. It means you succeeded at school...which in my mind means nothing in the real world.

Guess what? I play pc almost exclusively and I enjoy CoD black ops more than I did BFBC2. The only thing I really liked about BFBC2 was vehicles and the novelty wore off after not too long. I don't enjoy games like The Witcher, found it boring and meh. Guess I must be a dumb mediocre console-noob right? How dare I enjoy games like Ultima Online, Oblivion, Starcraft, Diablo, Everquest, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc. etc. etc.

You're nothing more than a poster child for forum-trolls. The kind who think that anyone who doesn't like exactly the same things as you then they're somehow a stupid scumbag who lives with their mom and gets spoon-fed money to buy anything they want.

I play pc almost exclusively
If you want to heavily defend an inferior platform, then you're not going to get the respect of dedicated PC gamers.
The lack of reading comprehension displayed by this post is disturbing. But please, continue to withhold your respect from him, I'm sure he'll be devastated.

As for the valedictorian thing? My bro was valedictorian in HS, got a free ride to college. Valedictorian in college. Free ride to law school. Do I trust him to fix stuff around the house? Not really. He's getting better though. Trust him to build a PC? Never. Trust him to have common sense? Not so much. Again, he's getting better.
He sounds pretty worthless. Good thing he has someone like you to pick out his games for him, since he obviously can't tell fun from tedium without your help. Do you choose what he gets to eat too? What outfits he gets to wear?

it's funny to me when people take the 'moral high road' of gaming and think they're somehow better than those who enjoy COD (or god forbid console gaming).

open web browser, post on [H] belittling COD/console players
most_interesting_man.jpg

minimize web browser, back to gaming
gaminggeek.jpg

Great fucking argument there Fail, once again you bring great insight and level headed thinking. /sarcasm
You're judging the mentality of a person based on the game they play... seriously? And you have the balls to accuse OTHER people of mediocrity and being dopey? Are you serious or is this just some awesomely elaborate joke?

My point is, valedictorian and grades do not mean someone has common sense, is a success or anything. It means you succeeded at school...which in my mind means nothing in the real world.

Oh give me a break with this drivel. Of course people have different abilities, der. The ability to get good marks in school shows good mental capacity, to say otherwise just shows jealousy. Could that person also fix a car? Maybe not, but that doesn't mean anything unless you put it in context... like, have they ever tried to fix a car? Do they even think about cars? Do they even like cars?

In my 4 years of undergrad engineering I met a few people who had awesome marks but didn't know anything practical about mechanical things (and I know that because I met them on an FSAE race team while building a car). However that says NOTHING about their "common sense". Often when they start applying themselves they quickly learn.

One of the guys I know who has the best mix of "book smarts" and "common sense" is a dude who got a high distinction average in University (and the higher end of a HD average at that) and after he's graduated is also a really good, practical and knowledgable "common sense" engineer. He's also got good "real world" skills and can organise a project and people to get shit done. When fiddling with his laptop I noticed he had BLOPS installed on it (back when it was first released) and he commented that he thought it was a good game... I doubt he's your average 500+ hour COD gamer as he does so many other things in his spare time as well, but none the less he enjoyed it and played it.

You guys are spouting absolute bullshit trying to shoehorn people into different ranks of intelligence based on the games they play. THE GAMES THEY PLAY for fuck sake. There are definitely some people in this thread showing their own lack of intelligence, and its not the COD gamers. You are the same moaning bitches who probably try and avoid the nerdy-PC-gamer-in-a-dark-basement stereotype in your real life, but are more than happy to tar everyone else with one brush.

You dont like COD or the business practices of Activision, fine, I dont particularly like it either, complain about it, no one gives a fuck if you complain about it. But your complaining is all for nought when you start throwing around bullshit like grading the mental capacity of people based on the games they play.

If you guys are the model stereotype of a PC gamer, damn, I'm ashamed to say I'm a PC gamer, I hope PC gaming dies if that's the case.

Last edited:
He sounds pretty worthless. Good thing he has someone like you to pick out his games for him, since he obviously can't tell fun from tedium without your help. Do you choose what he gets to eat too? What outfits he gets to wear?

You just crossed the line to insulting my bro. That ain't cool.

He's damn good as his job. He's capable of cooking, though I'm not one to talk here. I live across the country with him, and he takes care of himself well enough. How about I pass judgement on your family now?

You guys are spouting absolute bullshit trying to shoehorn people into different ranks of intelligence based on the games they play. THE GAMES THEY PLAY for fuck sake.

I did what?

You just crossed the line to insulting my bro. That ain't cool.

He's damn good as his job. He's capable of cooking, though I'm not one to talk here. I live across the country with him, and he takes care of himself well enough. How about I pass judgement on your family now?
You were the one that tried to imply that while he was good at school, that meant nothing in the real world. Your words, not mine. You also said he lacked common sense. Nutrition and fashion sense are two things I would file at least partially under common sense.

Additionally, from what you said about his academic skill being worthless in the real world, I assumed he didn't have a job in the real world. The fact he has a job implies otherwise. Why would you say something so unkind about your brother if it's also untrue? I'm really confused about the point you're trying to make here about your brother and his disabilities. You go from implying he's going to kill himself trying to fix a toaster (again your words - you don't trust him to fix things around the house) to saying he's a model citizen that excels at his job. Which is it?

Last edited:
I did what?
Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear ;) I said "You guys..." implying I wasn't directly referring to you anymore but rather the general group of people doing what I was talking about. There you go, rearranged my quotes to make it clearer :p

Also, LOL @ you telling people off for insulting your brother... you're the one who said he lacks common sense and practical or technical abilities. You say "he's getting better" as if he's got some sort of mental disability, then the next paragraph you say being valedictorian and grades dont equal success after you just had a crack at your brother's intelligence, implying that the two are somehow related, what are we supposed to think? Don't insult your own family on a public forum... it shows a lack of common sense :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back