MW2 steam free weekend (5-6-10)

Cool, pre-loading once again, lol.
Thanks OP.

*edit*
For once it would be nice if all the haters would just not even bother commenting if it's something THEY don't want. Stop worrying about your post count.

Last edited:
*edit*
For once it would be nice if all the haters would just not even bother commenting if it's something THEY don't want. Stop worrying about your post count.

You know you just convinced me to DL and try it.

But after a few minutes of searching for the pre-load link in Steam I gave up. Even found the article on Steam with the "Click here to begin pre-load" link and all it did was link me back to the MW2 Steam page with no pre-load button. So fuck it.

Sigh. I'll give it one more go. I played it at a friends house a few weeks ago and it was just awful.

Hahaha, not again! Yeah, tried the free weekend last time. Not terrible, but I wouldn't buy it. I'd almost download it again just because I can, but I'm too engrossed in Warband at the moment.

Another free weekend? Strange, but another marketing bonus i suppose :p

Also, i hate it when people write their dates like that, confuses non americans...

they must be really desperate to try and pinch some sales out. give me a free weekend + 14.99 price tag and MAYBE id think about it...

they must be really desperate to try and pinch some sales out. give me a free weekend + 14.99 price tag and MAYBE id think about it...

Oh it's a 14.99 price tag all right.
On top of the original $59.99.
For 3 new maps.
Which are badly designed.

I can't believe they released the DLC for pc without any changes at all from the 360 version... ffs.

Not dissing the game, as I have had quite a bit of enjoyment doing spec ops with a friend, but it just seems weird (desperate?) to have another free weekend so soon.

I guess if you haven't tried MW2 multiplayer, now is a great time to try it make your own decision. (I for one haven't touched it since BC2...)

lawl... they doing it again?

guess mw2 is hurting

so is there any reason to try this coming from a bc2 player? prior to bc2 i read all these reviews and such about how much better bc2 is as opposed to mw2 and i throughly love my bc2.....

but seeing as how its another free weekend trial...should i try it? (admittingly the 15gb download is a bit of a turn off)

Might as well dl it and draw your own conclusions. After-all, it is free

Thanks for the head's up OP, I wouldn't have realized they were doing another free weekend without this post. I put in about 18 hours of gameplay time last weekend they did this, how's that for taking advantage?

I don't know what it is about MW2 that keeps me so hooked, but I think it has something to do with the massive amount of unlockable items and achievements. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Also, can't wait to see the game looks with all settings maxxed and some AA with my new rig.

People. Seriously it's not "desperate." Game sold very well and this is easy and cheap marketing to keep the game in the fore front of people's mind who haven't played the game or forgot it. This is netting them even more press and more money.

Also, can't wait to see the game looks with all settings maxxed and some AA with my new rig.

Honestly that's the only reason I want to try it. I got bored of the mp on ps3, i'd like to see how it looks with the better visuals.

People. Seriously it's not "desperate." Game sold very well and this is easy and cheap marketing to keep the game in the fore front of people's mind who haven't played the game or forgot it. This is netting them even more press and more money.

voice of reason. this is far from an act of desperation.

No doubt, a "free weekend of multiplayer" event nets them publicity and sales. That is definitely not in question. The ONLY thing that seems fishy, is the fact that they had this same event less than a month ago. As a consumer, I am more than happy if game companies want to increase the number and frequency of specials or deals, it just seems odd that Activision is willing to do this.

You know it's gotten bad when someone like me doesn't even want to bother trying to play an FPS for free.

More stat padding for me!!!

2010-05-05_mw2_stats.png

Also, i hate it when people write their dates like that, confuses non americans...

Gah, me to. I also hate it when people type English as well. Confuses non-Americans.

You know it's gotten bad when someone like me doesn't even want to bother trying to play an FPS for free.

hehe ya. Ever since BC2 out I've had no desire to play the game.

You would think the fucktards at IW would get a fucking clue and bring the price down for this game to $40 or $30. No one in their right mind is going to pay $60 anymore for a game this old. I wished I had never bought it, wish I could sell it. Once you play BC2, it puts this sorry excuse for a military FPS to shame. It feels like playing checkers after playing Chess.

Will have fun again this next weekend just as I did the first time around.

Definitely will never buy the game, but it is fun as hell noob-toobing people all weekend :D

Something very satisfying about getting scrub kill streaks and pissing off the enemy, even more stress relieving than going on killing sprees in Saints Row/ GTA :p

Although, if I had spent $$ on MW2, I would be pissed off constantly about all the issues that the game has.

i may grab this just because its the free weekend and im friggin bored with MWLL and well im to cheap to spend another 50-60 dollars since i already bought it for my 360.. going to be fun owning little kids again after spending months playing with the older more mature crowd in MWLL and BFBC2..

15gb download for 3 days? Ummm, no thanks.

15 gigs wtf are you talking about? the games only 11.4 gigs which is nothing.. not to mention you can just leave it there til the next free weekend and play it.. and at this rate we can pretty much guess there will be a ton of free weekends for this game thanks to BFBC2.. because theres not a chance in hell ill drop a single penny on this game..

Last edited:
Back