MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

Long as the game is good I could care less how BC2 sales are. This hacking crap is out of control.

You should care: sales = profitability If there are not enough sales to justify the time and money spent for PC support there will be no more BC3 for the PC. Get pissed at IW all you want, but they made a smart business decision- people have been letting their emotions take over their common sense. I would have done the exact same thing as IW did. Hacking the PC version of MW2 just makes it worse for the future of all PC games IMHO.

Game sales have already been made. What party is there to piss in?

Future game sales hopefully will be affected. Maybe if console players see enough hacking and get annoyed by other "features"(ping, hosting issues, w/e) they won't fall for the hype next time. Probably not though.

Besides game glitches there has been little hacking on the console (Im talking 360 here) and the last 3 Call of Duty games (and a lot of other mp games) use the same peer to peer hosting for MP. Been there done that- there is no "hype" Those are not issues for console players, just for the current crop of PC gamers because you all never had to deal with this before. You guys are making me regret even being associated with PC gaming anymore and I've been around this for 20 years now. I used to carry 40 pound monitors everywhere to play on 10 base T networks in peoples homes.

I will say it agian, the crying, pirating and hacking are just making it worse. Keep it all up and watch mainstream PC gaming fade even faster- about the only games you'll be playing soon are MMO's and Sims.

haha I'm dyin'.

I agree with you though Diseaseboy. Our gaming community has been getting alot more douche-y as of late.

Heh, I think the game is doing pretty well on PC even so. If you check Steam the top seller is always MW2, beating out most of the mid week and weekend specials.. at the default price of 59.99. I just hope IW actually fixes problems for the PC players. Maybe I'll get the game sometime down the road for the PC (I own it on the PS3). CoD4 was a blast on PC.

You guys are making me regret even being associated with PC gaming anymore...

I will say it agian, the crying, pirating and hacking are just making it worse. Keep it all up and watch mainstream PC gaming fade even faster- about the only games you'll be playing soon are MMO's and Sims.

i could not agree more.

What's the longest gameplay mode, as in terms of duration of game? FFA seems to be over so quickly. I'd like a game to last a lot longer so I can really get into it.

I hate the way it throws you back to the menus after the game, why doesn't it cycle to a new map with the same players?

Yesterday I saw why it still sold so well even with the boycott. I work with a guy who is a hardcore PC/console gamer. He bought it for PC and has been playing it. He asked me if I'd bought it. I told him no and why. He seemed oblivious of the changes in the game.

Another LAN party friend bought it immediately for PC just because its the next COD. He didn't know about the removal of popular PC features.

So yes I came to the conclusion based on just 2 people ;P a extreme small percentage of gamers read forums and gaming news.

What's the longest gameplay mode, as in terms of duration of game? FFA seems to be over so quickly. I'd like a game to last a lot longer so I can really get into it.

I hate the way it throws you back to the menus after the game, why doesn't it cycle to a new map with the same players?

i primarily play Domination and Headquarters and those games last 15-20 minutes iirc. i like (at first i didn't) that it throws you back to the menu between rounds. it gives you a chance to change loadouts and vote to skip the map if you want. it also gives you a chance to grab another beer and reply to text messages, etc. :D i'm a pretty impatient person but i find the 'intermission' time between rounds to be the perfect length.

Yesterday I saw why it still sold so well even with the boycott. I work with a guy who is a hardcore PC/console gamer. He bought it for PC and has been playing it. He asked me if I'd bought it. I told him no and why. He seemed oblivious of the changes in the game.

Another LAN party friend bought it immediately for PC just because its the next COD. He didn't know about the removal of popular PC features.

So yes I came to the conclusion based on just 2 people ;P a extreme small percentage of gamers read forums and gaming news.

If he didn't realize that dedis were gone then he simply doesn't care. It wasn't a "popular" feature for him I guess.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I like looking at some of the first post. Looks like they are posted by IW employees.
yes IW has you in mind when they do anything and IW is great.
F IW

a extreme small percentage of gamers read forums and gaming news.

well its even a smaller percent of console owners that can read.

Besides game glitches there has been little hacking on the console (Im talking 360 here) and the last 3 Call of Duty games (and a lot of other mp games) use the same peer to peer hosting for MP. Been there done that- there is no "hype" Those are not issues for console players, just for the current crop of PC gamers because you all never had to deal with this before. You guys are making me regret even being associated with PC gaming anymore and I've been around this for 20 years now. I used to carry 40 pound monitors everywhere to play on 10 base T networks in peoples homes.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? If I made a list of the absolute best PC games I've ever played, almost all of them would be games that are hard to realize on a console(and are appropriately not played when they're ported). Civ series, Galciv series, any number of RTS's, Sims, RPG's and other games that just don't translate to a "popular" audience(you probably never even heard of The Void, but it's in my top 5 for 2009).

Vive la Revolution.

making none sense there..

its a crappy game then its crappy, people boycott it or cry about it does not make it worse. unless developers / publishers are just too retarded to figure out.

not quite sure if you play MW2 lately, the lag is just unbearable ....

I tried 10 games this morning, in every single match, everyone is crying and yelling about the host, which cause a major lag to everyone.

the funny thing is when people quit then join the same game over and over again ... thx to the Matchmaking... can't even find a good host to play with..

its getting really annoying for me lately, and force me to fire up MW1 instead and play without a single issue...

PS: forgot to mention about host migration, this thing is getting really irritating also.. it pops up every once awhile, and ruin the game play...

Glad I didnt waste money or time on this crap. Money ear marked for MW2 has now been dispersed to more deserving indie developers.

Patch 1.07 out for PS3. Akimbo 1887's Nerfed. Now, Akimbo Rangers need some nerfing as well. I can't wait for the day Edward Scissor Hands/ and or Baraka stops appearing on my screen. Dual shotguns.. so retarded.

haha I'm dyin'.

I agree with you though Diseaseboy. Our gaming community has been getting alot more douche-y as of late.

Yea, I smell the stench of vinegar on you two..Come into a thread state the obvious and rinse and repeat. How much more douchy can you get? How about something constructive? Are you better at knocking down than building up? Hey I did the same thing.
Checks for vinegar smell.

Yea, I smell the stench of vinegar on you two..Come into a thread state the obvious and rinse and repeat. How much more douchy can you get? How about something constructive? Are you better at knocking down than building up? Hey I did the same thing.
Checks for vinegar smell.

Search the thread, I've been plenty constructive. I agree'd with Disease because he's right. A lot of the actions during and towards the end of the boycott made our community look downright retarded.

But I guess this is off-topic so I'm not going to address this again.

Patch 1.07 out for PS3. Akimbo 1887's Nerfed. Now, Akimbo Rangers need some nerfing as well. I can't wait for the day Edward Scissor Hands/ and or Baraka stops appearing on my screen. Dual shotguns.. so retarded.

The range and power on those shotguns is absolutely ridiculous. I really hope they do this for 360 as well if they havent already.

Back