MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

You want to play, at least the single player campaign. Admit it.

I can't admit to a lie.

I loved COD4's MP, the SP was... well, it had its moments. I sincerely don't give a flying shit about this game anymore.
I also don't buy $50 (or in this case $60) games for a short SP experience, I do it for the MP, and this one is broken, badly broken, more like stillborn.

Ha ha, I shouldn't have said anything.

Oh well, you call people who buy it sheeple. I call the division 2 boycott crowd sheeple as well. L4D2 boycott crowd needed some company anyways.

lolwattbulb.jpg

Sorry I have money to throw away and don't really care about my supposed gamer rights being erroded.

I don't like the cuts that were done to the game either, but meh. It's a good game. Not the biggest rip off of 60 bucks, that's for sure.

I'm glad you enjoy being butt raped by Activision. You calling me a sheep is just LMAO. I didn't know I had to buy the game regardless of the POS it was. Are you mentally challenged or did the butt rape messed up your brain?

Last edited:
If $60 bucks is a buttrape to you, sorry about your choice of careers.

Why isn't there a similar cry over Borderlands? Yeah...

COD has a bigger stage for soapboxers to stand on.

Smart people vote with their wallets. Stupid people buy all kinds of shit.

Or, maybe some people enjoyed the SP campaign from MW so much they were willing to buy into MW2. It was very immersive over the 7 hours and 45 seconds it took me to complete on [H}ardened.

You know, instead of insinuating that I'm stupid. ;) But I insinuated that you're poor, so I guess we're even.

Personally, I've never played COD multiplayer on any platform, so the main 'issues' were not even a real consideration for me when I pulled the trigger last night.

Don't worry, I left my one feeling in the drawer today.

For the time being, I am enjoying my acquired copy online with no hassle. Even got console enabled.

Matchmaking is fucking horrible most of the time unless I'm host, which it usually is but fuck, I wouldn't pay for this.

I never liked matchmaking no matter what kind of game it was, because dedicated servers are better, L4D has some bad matchmaking and I experienced the same thing playing the L4D2 demo which made the game a no buy for me

Last edited:
the hidden DLC wouldn't surprise me

seems like more and more games are being shipped like this.

DLC is the worst idea they've ever had

i'd much rather have expansion packs than nickel and dime DLC which should ALREADY be in the game, if you have Day 1 DLC to sell, then put it in the fucking game instead of saying "we didn't have enough time to implement it before it ships, but on day 1 it will be available"

it's their way of making an easy profit

I have never, not once, to this day bought a single DLC

Eventually there will be HL3. To proceed to the next stage, the Gman will apparent while everything freeze up: "Time to choose!... It's time to choose..". Either you put in another 5 bucks to get to the next stage or you are kicked back into the first level. DLC FTW!

Edit: No wait! It kicks you back to Gordon's day BEFORE the disaster. It'll exit the source "2" engine and start the original gldsrc engine and load up infinite loops of the train intro until you cannot resist paying for the DLC's.

Gawd damn, some of you guys bitch more then 16 year old girls at a prom queen contest

The sooner we stop bitching the sooner other companies will start to mimic IW and then we might as well all go buy consoles because we'll be playing the same ported garbage as them.

Do any of the consoles have keyboard and mouse support yet? That's just part of the reason I don't game on a console.

I have already received my $60 worth of entertainment. I have had far more fun with MW2 than I would have at going to see 6 movies at the theater. I have also played more $/per hr. than I would have received going to see different movies.

MW2 is the best FPS going for now, and until something better comes along what difference does it make if you buy the game or not.

IW will fail when another game maker comes along with a better option. Not buying MW2 doesn't really matter if no other Devs can't deliver. The only hope on the horizon for FPS games is BC2 and that is 6 months out.

I have already received my $60 worth of entertainment. I have had far more fun with MW2 than I would have at going to see 6 movies at the theater. I have also played more $/per hr. than I would have received going to see different movies.

MW2 is the best FPS going for now, and until something better comes along what difference does it make if you buy the game or not.

IW will fail when another game maker comes along with a better option. Not buying MW2 doesn't really matter if no other Devs can't deliver. The only hope on the horizon for FPS games is BC2 and that is 6 months out.

Beta for bc2 PC is december and the game release March 2 I believe.

It claims a trojan can be placed on your PC from a hacked host. Something to do with the temporary files.

Looks like a serious threat if true

More info here

http://www.scanforfree.com/06/tr.crypt.xpack.gen-removal.html

http://www.precisesecurity.com/blogs/2009/02/17/tr-crypt-xpack-gen/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091106001224AAYICtW

One poster on the IW forums says this

"It is a FALSE POSITIVE. TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen only means that the scanner has found a file that has been encrypted after creation. This is a common behavior by malware BUT also by some legitimate programs (protection software that is). It is up to the producer of the scanner to exclude legitimate software from their heuristics...my take on it is that this file relates to Steam and that it was encrypted to protect the contents of it, yet Avira did not flag their files legitimate as of today.

I do not think that it is a trojan! It is a FALSE POSITIVE! To verify this on your system, run a full sys scan after the warning and see if it comes up with anything. If u are really getting para about it, continue with some antispyware and rootkit detection. All of it came up with nothing in my case...FALSE POSITIVE!"

Last edited:
I think its a false positive too. Avira is paranoid like that sometimes. Did ANY other virus programs catch on to this?

Back