MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

there are plenty of games out there that looks way better than this game.

if you rate this game for 10/10, then I guess games like Crysis / Stalker have 100/10

not mentioning the game have really bad texture resolution compare to CS Source.

Never did I say the review was a comparison to any other game, nor did I say it was a technical review. Plus, reviews, no matter where from, are all the oppinion of the reviewer. And I guarantee your results may vary. I wrote that review with the intended audience of those who do not know much about the game and want to know a little about what is good or not so good about various aspects, In my oppinion.

And Stalker is the worst game ever...fwiw.

Never did I say the review was a comparison to any other game, nor did I say it was a technical review. Plus, reviews, no matter where from, are all the oppinion of the reviewer. And I guarantee your results may vary. I wrote that review with the intended audience of those who do not know much about the game and want to know a little about what is good or not so good about various aspects, In my oppinion.

And Stalker is the worst game ever...fwiw.

uh? Stalker is the worst game ever? It is understandable when your PC won't runs it :D

uh? Stalker is the worst game ever? It is understandable when your PC won't runs it :D

This kind of ignorance is whats wrong with the PC gaming community, not lack of dedicated servers. You dont know anything about my computer, I guarantee my computer would make yours look pathetic.

I just dont understand whats wrong with people. That is why the community gets shunted, its made up of mostly ignorant pre-pubescent teenagers with zero intelligence

Insulting the vast majority of users on this forum is not a good way to start your posting career. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you posted you have sli 8800gts in the review lol, his 5870 will walk yours, but still you're right

That is why the community gets shunted, its made up of mostly ignorant pre-pubescent teenagers with zero intelligence

1. You've just described the average console player
2. The PC gets shafted because there's more money to be made with less effort on the consoles.

Anyone with half a brain knows that. Apparently you don't.

And I'm off from this thread, like all the others with common sense. Have fun grazing.

This kind of ignorance is whats wrong with the PC gaming community, not lack of dedicated servers. You dont know anything about my computer, I guarantee my computer would make yours look pathetic.

I just dont understand whats wrong with people. That is why the community gets shunted, its made up of mostly ignorant pre-pubescent teenagers with zero intelligence

I bet it will :D

teenagers? I hardly see any teenager actually play PC games.

your statement is just not making any sense in anywhere, but it does make sense in your logic somehow. ;)

wingnut691983... Capfarland ...... ive played it, and i can tell you it isnt as good as cod4 its cod4a, looks the same, (its the same engine, tweaked) with some extra colour, it has some good sp spec ops/campaign comments, nothing new, really. It will be a success , whether on pc or not, not many care, not even IW care imo.

if your happy, then thats great, it really is, dont defend it, go play it, i..and many others, whether they have played it or not arnt happy, they dont need to play it to know that without leaning , without console,mods,dedicated servers,pb,9v9 max, etc etc... its a stepbackwards. and to top ot all off , they want more money for it.

btw shansoft, I love how you in the last 4 minutes changed your sig to show 5870 instead of 8800gts.

I had XFX 5870 in my sig originally, you should read it more clear, I just change to Dreadlock 5870 because I RMA XFX 5870 and Newegg gave me a refund (which it was stated in my sig, apparently you are a bad reader), and I bought another Sapphire from Newegg.
There is also a 8800 GTX in my sig it was use as a PhysX card :rolleyes:

please dont be jealous, just because I can run stalker flawlessly doesn't mean anything for you to hate me ;)

Ugh, anyway - awesome review wingnut, I just signed up on your forum since I'm not far from Lansing/MSU, maybe I'll join one of your LANs sometime. I think I'm done discussing MW2 on [W].. err I mean [H]. Add me on steam, maybe we can play later.

I dunno, on Xfire it is currently ranked 4th and 5th (multi 4th, single 5th) behind only WoW, CoD4 and CoD 2

Game - Minutes Played
WoW - 5,261,033
CoD4 - 4,240,714
CoD2 - 2,7,43,101
MW2 - 2,704,568

Do a lot of people use both xfire and steam? I haven't used xfire in a long time since steam has the ingame chat pretty well covered, and I hated the xfire interface.

Do a lot of people use both xfire and steam? I haven't used xfire in a long time since steam has the ingame chat pretty well covered, and I hated the xfire interface.

I haven't used it since they sold to MTV and tried to be everything. I loved it when it was just a simple chat program to connect gamers. Now I feel that it is trying to be too much. You'll notice that there aren't any more Valve/Source games because everyone just uses Steam Friends/Community now.

Seriously I stopped using Xfire when steam friends finally went back up a few years back. Xfire is complete shit and so is Modern Warfare 2.

I use xfire still. It has aim ingame chat included. It has a lot of features now. Mw2 dropped in place already.

Wow, I was considering not getting this game, but I caved. It's unbelievable. Haven't played multi yet, but the single player is, IMHO, completely worth it. Yeah, it's short. And yeah, it's expensive. But damn, it's fun. Will post again after a bit of multiplayer.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6239662.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

1.23 million copies sold in 24 hours in the UK alone!

IW must be laughing all the way to the bank.

The PC boycott seems futile, no wonder IW don't give a shit about PC gamers anymore.

This is the blunt and pragmatic truth of it all. I'm primarily a PC gamer and I understand and pretty much agree with the broadest complaints but at the end of the day...this thing is going to be a huge, blowout hit no matter what and I suspect that will also include copies sold on the PC.

It is what it is. I won't be surprised if it even breaks some sort of gaming sales record.

And boycotts never work anyways.

Make one of the few half decent shooters for console.
Make the same thing again and slap a 2 on it.
Sell millions.

Make the same game on PC with a lot of important features removed.
Can't even beat Counter-Strike.

Make one of the few half decent shooters for console.
Make the same thing again and slap a 2 on it.
Sell millions.

Make the same game on PC with a lot of important features removed.
Can't even beat Counter-Strike.

Counter Strike was the bomb.... this is a game that should be redone. Counterstrike: Real Modern Warfare... guess I am waiting for BC2 just like the rest.

When did I say I was a professional reviewer?

My rating was based on my perception of the topic, the graphics looked great, no problems ran smooth, so 10/10 in my book. If you have a problem with that dont read it.

Being a professional reviewer would simply make the problem worse with the review as expectations would be higher. (Well, not so much in the end because game reviewers are a joke for the most part anyway.)

Pong runs great on my computer. *I* think it looks good too so 10/10! What you did there was stupid because scores exist as a means of comparison so giving a 10/10 shows that there was zero thought put into the value and reflects the same on the rest of the review. I can't stop you from being a shill, but I can call it out when I see it.

Wow, I was considering not getting this game, but I caved. It's unbelievable. Haven't played multi yet, but the single player is, IMHO, completely worth it. Yeah, it's short. And yeah, it's expensive. But damn, it's fun. Will post again after a bit of multiplayer.

^^ Now this gives me something to work with. It's honest. This gives me a fair gauge without fluff and BS on one extreme or blazing hateorade from the other extreme. Thank you. I look forward to the follow up. :)

^^ Now this gives me something to work with. It's honest. This gives me a fair gauge without fluff and BS on one extreme or blazing hateorade from the other extreme. Thank you. I look forward to the follow up. :)

No one has said anything bad about the SP experience past the 4.5 hour length.

The single player is good aside from the "hardly upgraded and occasionally buggy" graphics and the incomprehensible and completely unbelievable story. If you like explosions, you'll like this.

But is that worth $60? No. It only lasts about 5 hours if you play it through slowly.

Luckily I got the single-player only version since I don't care about their crapped on multiplayer.

could someone please gotohttp://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/#/en_US/VIDEO/CTF , put in date of birth, and tell me what u see?!?!:rolleyes:

This is the blunt and pragmatic truth of it all. I'm primarily a PC gamer and I understand and pretty much agree with the broadest complaints but at the end of the day...this thing is going to be a huge, blowout hit no matter what and I suspect that will also include copies sold on the PC.

It is what it is. I won't be surprised if it even breaks some sort of gaming sales record.

And boycotts never work anyways.

Agreed.

So instead of selling 8,000,200 units, MW2 will sell 8,000,000. Angry PC nerds am cry! Nothing changes, accept well.. some people miss out on a great game.

its not a boycott, its just "not buying a crappy game"

and yes im almost done with single player so MY OPINION IS VALID lulz

This is a slap in the face for pc gamers. Didnt expect this from Infinity Ward. Especailly after thinking how awesome they were when Treyarch ruined COD 5 game. Well, back to hoping DICE respects the PC platform. How depressing this is.....

Well theres already wallhacks and aimbots out for it, basically that minority of cheaters and griefers and now going to run rampant with no one to stop them, grifers flock to games they know they can easily grief on so I can't see this ending well.

Unless IW have some incredibly clever way of tracking cheaters this will probably kill multiplayer, I honestly dont feel sorry at all for anyone that bought the game and has to put up with this.

Got home and my roommate is playing it on 360, guess I'll bum his copy. I get to play through it, and IW gets none of my money. Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The added kicker is, theres already many aimbots and wallhacks out so....I guess you get to enjoy matchmaking local server connections with hackers/cheaters, which by the way, you cannot even kick off the servers...... Yay?

I honestly dont feel sorry at all for anyone that bought the game and has to put up with this.

It''s bad enough that you keep insulting a gaming company, and the good people that work for it, but now you're insulting the customers, and fellow gamers, too...........why don't you bugger off.

Back