MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

:D

the game plays same as cod4 without leaning(its the same game, dif textures/maps as always, not even dif sounds!), some good sp spec ops levels/ campaign is straight into the action, but i wouldnt buy this for sp, i wont buy any game for sp.

As someone already mentioned, your ai teammates and the ai enemy can lean! you cant, which makes it very annoying for me, yet to try mp, and tbh i dont think i want too, the video posted above is just like we all imagined. i personally only play s&d , hardcore 300 server is where you may find me in cod4, i prefer alot of enemies, makes for a more enjoyable game,6 v 6 or 9 v 9 h/c s&d would be over very quickly

the only good thing to come out of it is the new gametype but it would be better imo with more players(demolition?)

There is a fix according to some site I was linked to, guy posted up screens, the site says the FOV fix will be released today...not sure if this guy even owns the actual game or if he got it another way so weather or not it'll work on the retail/steam version is unknown

oftrmw.jpg

2zfkbcz.jpg

DAmn. My wife brought the game home for me. A suprise she says. The look of WTF on her face as i left was funny.I drove 24 miles round trip to get a refund.
Not a second thought. I don't feel the spurs of the regret monkey digging into my sides.
I'm feelin pretty good about my decision. Oh yea, a feeling of loss but that is to be expected I guess.I get home and a friend is on vent saying let's play. I told him have a good time I'm watchin tv with the wife. She was actually bummed about the situation. Wow she cares.
Then kicks me away cause I'm buggin here trying to talk and shit. Now I know what the suprise was for. lol. She was bummed cause, of all things I have to have indignation about, is a stupid game.. Man this is a sorry fricking day in gaming guys. Guess I'll go out later and delete Brothers and Sisters from the Dvr. Teach her to get me anything .

Sleep well tonight CoD Series Sleep well. You deserve a long and peaceful sleep. For in your death I will remember the good times we shared. All the times you rescued me from a boring,hectic and sometimes scary world. Tucked me in bed,stroked my brow and let me feel a sense of accomplishment. Inf ward, I hope you choke on the cock of greed. See if the Console fucks will give you mouth to mouth.
out

maybe it's just the way you described your story, but it's pretty dicky. She bought you a GIFT. Not knowing or caring about a protest, just thought about you. Heck I wish my wife did that even if it was a game I didn't care about. That was pretty cool of her.

IWnet Examined Part 1

IWnet Examined Part 2

Excellent break down of the the poor choice of infinity ward going to this format for multiplayer.

Combined with the actual in game footage recently posted this is SOLIDLY a no buy from me 100%. Even at this point if the patched to to a dedicated server format.... I dont think Ill pass my money to these people.

Best of luck IW and Activision. I will enjoy your MW1, created at a time when you still gave a fuck about making the best damn FPS you possibly could. You are a shadow of your former self and I for one can only say i will miss the good times you were able to provide me in the past.

I agree bra, my GF bought my copy and I wanted to take it back, but it would have hurt her feelings.

I really hope that fov fix works on MP as well.

Wow, that was fast. Besides all the bullshit they've changed and ruined the game with the gameplay itself looks pretty sick.

DAmn. My wife brought the game home for me. A suprise she says. The look of WTF on her face as i left was funny.I drove 24 miles round trip to get a refund.
Not a second thought. I don't feel the spurs of the regret monkey digging into my sides.
I'm feelin pretty good about my decision. Oh yea, a feeling of loss but that is to be expected I guess.I get home and a friend is on vent saying let's play. I told him have a good time I'm watchin tv with the wife. She was actually bummed about the situation. Wow she cares.
Then kicks me away cause I'm buggin here trying to talk and shit. Now I know what the suprise was for. lol. She was bummed cause, of all things I have to have indignation about, is a stupid game.. Man this is a sorry fricking day in gaming guys. Guess I'll go out later and delete Brothers and Sisters from the Dvr. Teach her to get me anything .

Sleep well tonight CoD Series Sleep well. You deserve a long and peaceful sleep. For in your death I will remember the good times we shared. All the times you rescued me from a boring,hectic and sometimes scary world. Tucked me in bed,stroked my brow and let me feel a sense of accomplishment. Inf ward, I hope you choke on the cock of greed. See if the Console fucks will give you mouth to mouth.
out

Funny story similar to this...

My girlfriend surprised me with Fallout 3 because she heard me talking to a friend about it. This was the week before the GOTY edition with all the DLC was released. I was holding out for months waiting for that so I would get the best bang for my buck and then *bam* $50 vanilla version on my desk when I got home.

I told her that I appreciated it but wanted to return it and wait for the GOTY. That was a bad idea. Needless to say I still have my vanilla version but I'm not really planning on getting any DLC since it's fallen to the way-side. A bit too repetitive for me I guess.

I don't like all the arcade style crap all over your screen in the MP mode.

I think as you level up and some of the challenges become harder, there should be a lot less of that on the screen.

Wow, that was fast. Besides all the bullshit they've changed and ruined the game with the gameplay itself looks pretty sick.

Yea, it's sad. I loved MW1, I was really looking forward to playing MW2 with all the TF2 style nemesis/revenge achievement things. The throwing knives and added weapons look fun too.

Hopefully someone mods some of the new features into MW1.

The only reason I'd advocate IWnet is if they let PC players slaughter console players. I mean, the console MW2 got shat down to the PCs, so why not? Oh yeah, KB/mouse >>>>>> sticks.'

The 9v9 isn't that bad. I used to only play on servers with less than 20 people so whatever. The 6v6 in regluar TD is kinda annoying, but the maps are pretty well balanced for that many players.

I don't think they ever claimed it was implemented to stop hacking, that's VACs job now. Problem with VAC is that, while it perm-bans players, it doesn't do it instantly, so if you cant kick a player, all you can do is abandon that game.

PC doesn't need any help crackbone, it's had awesome games before there was a market for games and it will have them after the market is gone. Developers like IW/Epic/id made their names selling to PC niche gamer and now they're leveraging that success to reap the riches of the console market.

All they are doing by lingering on the PC with their sub-par shovelware ports is occupying the budget and mind share of PC gamers. I wish they would just ditch the PC for good, I have no doubt somebody with fresh ideas and a passion for gaming instead of money would step in to take their place.

Lol. Hey great take on the subject.. Good call.. Follow the money. Where have I heard that before? IW shaking the money tree.

We played for 14 hours straight yesterday and were involved in one host migration and had no lag issues. It wasnt that bad.

We did a full review, if you want to check it out its http://www.spartylanparty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3280

And the interwebs is about to explode from all the people either:

a) Complaining that they can't play because of NAT settings/ports
b) Complaining about how they're fucking sick of waiting because host keeps disconnecting or fails to connect

YEAH IT'S A SMOOTHER EXPERIENCE ALRIGHT!

Sure he does. It's their game, they did the market research, and now the market will decide. Cross platform development , one less obscure platform to develop for... less piracy, more $$ for less effort.

You can vote with your wallet. But that wasn't the point my jumping into this discussion anyway. The point being, don't sit here and tell a guy that he's an asshole for buying a PC game. That's what is going on in this forum.

We all know what this game has and doesn't have. The PC at this point needs all the help it can get. Telling others how to spend or not spend their money is the issue I have.

When is the interview?

If IW requires (3) three refrences Don't come to the we hate IW thread for any.
Did the bridge where you ran out from under and scare children wash away?
This thread is about our loss. Of a great game and our feeling of betrayal by IW.
Then here comes Crackbone. Champion of the IW cause. We don't want to here any logic and common sense dude.
We are in the first stage of grieving. Maybe your voice will sound louder when shout it from your higher post count. Come on man.

We played for 14 hours straight yesterday and were involved in one host migration and had no lag issues. It wasnt that bad.

We did a full review, if you want to check it out its http://www.spartylanparty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3280

I gotta tell ya wingnut.. New user here 35 days. The breadth and scope of "Your" review.
All the earmarks of an IW employee. Just my take. I'm typing this with one hand,holding my nose with the other. :)

You know I'm razzing ya. Hell, well done in format and structure.Easy read. It is too early for clarity I'm afraid.
Back to my dark pit of hate and narrow mindedness.

Last edited:
Hah, yeah right. Conspiracy theorist?

If I was an IW employee I probably wouldnt be fronting as Admin of a tiny little LAN group from East Lansing, MI....

I love that because you actually like something you are accused of being on 'the inside'. That makes me feel cool....i guess.

Hah, yeah right. Conspiracy theorist?

If I was an IW employee I probably wouldnt be fronting as Admin of a tiny little LAN group from East Lansing, MI....

I love that because you actually like something you are accused of being on 'the inside'. That makes me feel cool....i guess.

Jesus Christ Wingnut...The part about "I'm razzing ya" Meant I was kidding. Employee meant you showed a good amount of knowledge and attention to detail. Persceptive in nuance,game flow and integration.

I liked your review. I learned some stuff. Thanks for sharing. Please continue to bring us reviews and insight. A breath of fresh air is never a bad thing.

Last edited:
You must have added that part after the fact since it says it was edited, I dont remember seeing it. :) but I may have missed it also, either way no biggie ;)

Thanks, appreciate it. It all comes down to everyone has their oppinion, but I just wish people would be a little more realistic rather than just blatenly upset and try it! Because it is a wicked awesome game. If things in PC gaming stayed as they were all the way back to the hexen and heretic days then pc gaming would suck today. The PC scene is undoubtedly evolving, and it may not end up being bad.

It makes sense that the experience would come closer to that of consoles, because consoles are WAY easier to develop for and have a huge market base. As mentioned in my review, I personally like the matching system, I think it gets the job done and works well. Beyond that all i wanna do is shoot some noobs so I dont really care how it get to the game that allows me to do that as long as the game itself is good, and MW2 is amazing.

IW sucks reminds me of a joke I heard.

A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog For Sale ' He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.
'You talk?' he asks.
'Yep,' the Lab replies.
After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?'
The Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.'
'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.' 'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'
The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.
'Ten dollars,' the guy says.
'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he's a liar. He never did any of that shit.

Even tho some say MW2 is an amazing game it is not worth much because Iw mislead us and left stuff out.

The "review" lost all credibility when you starting rating weapons/perks/KD streaks. At least you're not bothering to hide your lack of objectivity.

Also, 10/10 graphics? Hahaha

I understand there are no dedicated servers.

I need to know if it is possible to play this on a LAN with zero or limited internet access. (multiplayer PC LAN play, obviously)

When did I say I was a professional reviewer?

My rating was based on my perception of the topic, the graphics looked great, no problems ran smooth, so 10/10 in my book. If you have a problem with that dont read it.

The "review" lost all credibility when you starting rating weapons/perks/KD streaks. At least you're not bothering to hide your lack of objectivity.

They really are gorgeous. Have you even played it? Most of you clowns obviously have an agenda.

I understand there are no dedicated servers.

I need to know if it is possible to play this on a LAN with zero or limited internet access. (multiplayer PC LAN play, obviously)

As far as I can see so far, no.
Which really sucks.

If you start Steam in offline mode, or even online and then disconnect network, you can start the game but when you click play it says you must be signed into steam online mode to play. I can see no other options for LAN play.

lol read a comment on one of the hacking youtube vids

"that is the proof. PC GAMERS are NOOOOOBS haha the GREATEST NOOBS. mmmhhh right this is nothing new. pro gamers play on console. "

I almost shit my pants laughing.

When did I say I was a professional reviewer?

My rating was based on my perception of the topic, the graphics looked great, no problems ran smooth, so 10/10 in my book. If you have a problem with that dont read it.

there are plenty of games out there that looks way better than this game.

if you rate this game for 10/10, then I guess games like Crysis / Stalker have 100/10

not mentioning the game have really bad texture resolution compare to CS Source.

I agree, the game looks incredible for a game with realistic looking textures/environment. No, it doesn't look like crysis, but crysis didn't look real, it had a simulated cartooney kind of look, which is a lot easier to pull off.

I much prefer MW2's graphics to Crysis or Stalker.

Back