MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

Despite your opinion on the game, this shit is getting a tad out of hand. I honestly don't remember any game that has been as polarizing as this one has.

Seriously, the IW forums aren't even worth going to as it's nothing but flamers. Someone has a legitimate question, the flamers jump right in and derail the thread.

The game launched, it lacks features some wanted. Get over it.

Despite your opinion on the game, this shit is getting a tad out of hand. I honestly don't remember any game that has been as polarizing as this one has.

Seriously, the IW forums aren't even worth going to as it's nothing but flamers. Someone has a legitimate question, the flamers jump right in and derail the thread.

Fair enough, I'm bored of moaning about it now I must admit. FUTILE

I would agree except before it came out people wouldn't stop talking about how great it was. Now I've literally decided to stop reading game reviews because I'm starting to suspect all the major review sites are biased. This whole thing smacks of that Kaine & lynch review that got the guy at gamespot fired and all eidos advertising pulled from gamespot. It's like if a game is an 8 and they've put a crapload of money into advertising it's automatically a 9.5. I also noticed a PC review that stated they were unable to review the game earlier because reviewers were only allowed to review the XBOX360 version early on and only in controlled environments.

I think people are underestimating how huge this game is. 550million in a week. And with that I'm sure a lot of politics is involved.

Yeah and the game is really better than many people might think. Yes, the dedicated server issue, or rather the lack of dedicated servers does suck, but the game itself is still really fun to play. That's what counts most.

I think people are underestimating how huge this game is. 550million in a week. And with that I'm sure a lot of politics is involved.

Ya it makes me sick to be honest. All that money and they coudln't even do the right thing for the pc gamers? Come on seriously, fuck IW and activision, greedy scum bags.

IE: If the superbowl sucked no one would admit it. Except for that one janet jackson crashed.

Ya it makes me sick to be honest. All that money and they coudln't even do the right thing for the pc gamers? Come on seriously, fuck IW and activision, greedy scum bags.

550 mil is good, but they still want just a little bit more, just a little DLC bit more.

Yeah and the game is really better than many people might think. Yes, the dedicated server issue, or rather the lack of dedicated servers does suck, but the game itself is still really fun to play. That's what counts most.

Amen brother.

Will it have the longevity of the first one? Doubtful. I think Bad Company is going to turn some heads, however, for now, it's the best thing going in shooters, imo.

Game is a blast.

Or, maybe some people enjoyed the SP campaign from MW so much they were willing to buy into MW2. It was very immersive over the 7 hours and 45 seconds it took me to complete on [H}ardened.

I was slightly let down by MW2...like someone stated before, it lacked the AWESOME AC-130 mission in it...I still liked it, but the campaign was a still a bit too short for my likes.

Personally, I've never played COD multiplayer on any platform, so the main 'issues' were not even a real consideration for me when I pulled the trigger last night.

Don't worry, I left my one feeling in the drawer today.

To be honest, I never really played MP on MW and I did a little with COD:WAW, but I'm totally addicted to MP on MW2 for some reason! LOL It helped make up for the short campaign in the game.

Its all about business, are you going to spend time and money to make more money on a market that doesn't add to your bottom line? If you don't like it, get a console. Its all about the money and if it sucked that bad like some people make it out to be, don't you think that people wouldn't buy it once it got that buzz?

I gave up on the PC as a gaming platform once the Xbox360 came out, because for the most part all your gonna get is a game designed for a console on the PC now, instead of vice versa. The glory days of PC gaming blowing consoles out of the water graphics wise are long gone. The current gen Consoles do good enough for the vast majority of people out there who want to game.

The PC is still good for some forms of gaming like RTS and war games, but its just about neck and neck with the consoles when it comes to FPS that people like to play, even though most PC players hate console controllers, but they are too small of a market to make a difference. I remember dumping all sorts of money into my PC to be able to play the lastest and greatest games over the years. I'm running a PC that is nearly 3 years old with a couple minor upgrades since then and I don't see me replacing it for at least another year or so. My next PC game purchase will be L4D2 when its half off, or if some other half off game catches my eye on Steam.

If anything MW2 is about a 7-8.5 depending on the platform your playing it and with all the marketing hype well it drives it up higher in reviews.

Its all about business, are you going to spend time and money to make more money on a market that doesn't add to your bottom line? If you don't like it, get a console. Its all about the money and if it sucked that bad like some people make it out to be, don't you think that people wouldn't buy it once it got that buzz?

I gave up on the PC as a gaming platform once the Xbox360 came out, because for the most part all your gonna get is a game designed for a console on the PC now, instead of vice versa. The glory days of PC gaming blowing consoles out of the water graphics wise are long gone. The current gen Consoles do good enough for the vast majority of people out there who want to game.

The PC is still good for some forms of gaming like RTS and war games, but its just about neck and neck with the consoles when it comes to FPS that people like to play, even though most PC players hate console controllers, but they are too small of a market to make a difference. I remember dumping all sorts of money into my PC to be able to play the lastest and greatest games over the years. I'm running a PC that is nearly 3 years old with a couple minor upgrades since then and I don't see me replacing it for at least another year or so. My next PC game purchase will be L4D2 when its half off, or if some other half off game catches my eye on Steam.

If anything MW2 is about a 7-8.5 depending on the platform your playing it and with all the marketing hype well it drives it up higher in reviews.

gaming on a console is a bland experience at best. I'm sorry but after gaming on a PC for years I simply cannot conform to a controller and XBL. It's a very hum drum experience as far as I'm concerned and I know I would get bored rather quickly. The PC experience for gaming and otherwise is so robust even now a days. For example I have various forums and sites open at any one given time. Music and maybe a download going as well. I can game in a window or just alt tab to the desktop as needed. I can hang on my TS server or the many friends vent servers I know for years. Do some work and communicate with people all over theworld. As you can see this is multitasking at it's best like most power users here on this forums do. There is simply NO WAY I can or would ever be locked into my living couch playing a game at a meh res of 720 or excuse me upscaled 1080P lol. No to mention having every controler known to man if I want it to play any game I want. Consoles are a lame watered down experience simply stated. I believe it's a poor mans PC and if the average joe knew or understood how cheaply their family dell machine could have a 100 dollar video card added and made into a capable gaming machine they would be shocked. I also believe if educated properly alot of people once exposed to gaming and all that it entails on the PC would probably take it up more readily.

Last edited:
The PC experience for gaming and otherwise is so robust even now a days. For example I have various forums and sites open at any one given time. Music and maybe a download going as well. I can game in a window or just alt tab to the desktop as needed. I can hang on my TS server or the many friends vent servers I know for years. Do some work and communicate with people all over theworld. As you can see this is multitasking at it's best like most power users here on this forums do. There is simply NO WAY I can or would ever be locked into my living couch playing a game at a meh res of 720 or excuse me upscaled 1080P lol. No to mention having every controler known to man if I want it to play any game I want. Consoles are a lame watered down experience simply stated.

Dude your totally taking this way out of context, I never said that the Console was better then a PC...lets go apples for apple here...I'm only talking Game play...not that you can do higher resolutions, surf the internet, etc with a PC vs a Console.

All I do on my console is play games and watch movies. Yeah I can do other things with it, but well why should I when I have a PC?

I believe it's a poor mans PC and if the average joe knew or understood how cheaply their family dell machine could have a 100 dollar video card added and made into a capable gaming machine they would be shocked. I also believe if educated properly alot of people once exposed to gaming and all that it entails on the PC would probably take it up more readily.

See that is the problem, maybe you haven't figure it out yet, but the Avg person DOESN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THAT BULLSHIT! They just want it work and a console does that (most of the time, except maybe with the first gen Xbox360 when it RRODs LOL)

I work with computers every day and I loved pulling them apart and fixing them, but as you get older, you get lazier and just want shit to work since you got other BS going on in your life. I got tired of the ole update your drivers, get a new video card to play the newest game that just came out, etc etc and now I can just pop in a DVD and play it on my Xbox or PS3 and be happy and have less stress in life.

I have 3 major systems to play games on and the PC gets used the least, just because of some of those reasons I listed above, but I still use it every day otherwise.

I'm not pretentious enough to look down my nose at consoles because I spent $2K on a gaming PC...I'll go where I have a good gaming experience and IMO the PC is lacking in that department over the past couple years, since all the developers are going where the money is...Consoles. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 and was doing hardcore gaming on the PC since 1986 till the Xbox360 came out...the current gen Consoles put a big hurt on PC gaming when they came out and for the most part, the PC gets ported over console games that can really suck, like GTA, which play fine on consoles.

Not that anyone cares, but I was ablel to resolve my freezing issue by taking down the graphics settings from "Extra" to just "High" and it has fixed the issue. I can now actually finish a mission without it freezing or the game just stops the progress of the mission.

THIS

Not that anyone cares, but I was ablel to resolve my freezing issue by taking down the graphics settings from "Extra" to just "High" and it has fixed the issue. I can now actually finish a mission without it freezing or the game just stops the progress of the mission.

hmmm... it's visually an impressive game but not a crippler like Crysis or the like...

what are your specs?

So you think its really worth the 60 dollar price tag for a really stripped down game.

Amen brother.

Will it have the longevity of the first one? Doubtful. I think Bad Company is going to turn some heads, however, for now, it's the best thing going in shooters, imo.

Game is a blast.

I agree, the last few months of COD4 prime people wanted somehting new, yet everything new didn't live up to the expectations. Thus, people always went back to COD4. Will this one live as long? Nah, not unless they patch it to allow dedicated servers! It simply can't, you can have fun pubbing for awhile, most people will want more though. So, what's gonna happen? People are not able to have serious clan play, and we will get tired of laggy hosts. Too bad, game has some awesome potential.

So you think its really worth the 60 dollar price tag for a really stripped down game.

"stripped down" would imply that features were taken off AND nothing was added.

I'd argue that plenty was added to the game.

No one complains about limited access to certain buildings and rooftops and such in COD4...
or better put - there seems to be a lack of recognition of the advances that MW2 has made in terms of features.
Fairly huge gun collection, more mobility (no - not talking about leaning) and access to different parts of structures, addition of better kill cams, addition of kill tracking (i.e. revenge - things I used to always wonder about during COD4 matches), great killstreak perks, a physical UAV that can be shot down etc etc etc etc...

This game IS more advanced than the last.

They took out 4 or 5 features and added dozens.

What if they never came out with the game in the first place?... where would we be then with our feelings towards Infinity Ward? They'd still be commended on how great COD4 is/was.
Then they come out with a game which satisfied 80-90% of their customer base yet the minority incessantly barks out at them. This is not going to help future PC releases. "We" are shooting ourselves in the foot / biting the hand that feeds / burning bridges....
whatever you want to call it.

There will be ramifications beyond gameplay changes that PC gamers will encounter due to this.

"stripped down" would imply that features were taken off AND nothing was added.

I'd argue that plenty was added to the game.

No one complains about limited access to certain buildings and rooftops and such in COD4...
or better put - there seems to be a lack of recognition of the advances that MW2 has made in terms of features.
Fairly huge gun collection, more mobility (no - not talking about leaning) and access to different parts of structures, addition of better kill cams, addition of kill tracking (i.e. revenge - things I used to always wonder about during COD4 matches), great killstreak perks, a physical UAV that can be shot down etc etc etc etc...

This game IS more advanced than the last.

They took out 4 or 5 features and added dozens.

What if they never came out with the game in the first place?... where would we be then with our feelings towards Infinity Ward? They'd still be commended on how great COD4 is/was.
Then they come out with a game which satisfied 80-90% of their customer base yet the minority incessantly barks out at them. This is not going to help future PC releases. "We" are shooting ourselves in the foot / biting the hand that feeds / burning bridges....
whatever you want to call it.

There will be ramifications beyond gameplay changes that PC gamers will encounter due to this.

Biting the hand that feeds and buring bridges? You aren't really serious are you? The game isn't free they are charging TOP fucking dollar for it. They haven't done anyone any favors ffs. They owe us nothing and we surely owe them NOTHING in return. Get over that fast please. If they stop making shitty pc ports that would be a loss? Explain that please? Just because some of you guys are satisfied with a watered down console port experience on the PC and wanna say thankyou in the process, doesn't mean that those of us with STANDARDS should be thankfull for a piece of shit like mw2. Sorry pal.

Biting the hand that feeds and buring bridges? You aren't really serious are you? The game isn't free they are charging TOP fucking dollar for it. They haven't done anyone any favors ffs. They owe us nothing and we surely owe them NOTHING in return. Get over that fast please. If they stop making shitty pc ports that would be a loss? Explain that please? Just because some of you guys are satisfied with a watered down console port experience on the PC and wanna say thankyou in the process, doesn't mean that those of us with STANDARDS should be thankfull for a piece of shit like mw2. Sorry pal.

watered down? Again... I understand a few features have been removed and yea - I wasn't happy about it either. But you can't turn a blind eye to what's been enhanced or added.

That's the problem here. One-way street in terms of 'objectively' viewing this game.

For every one post out there commenting on the additions and new features of this game,
there's 50 posts poo-pooing the game to the point where it's taking over people's fkin lives.

It's a video game title that has gone rampant in the console market. Of course that's where the focus is going to be placed.
On the PC side, there's hacks, piracy, complaining, more piracy, more complaining...

Seriously - what's stopping them from just completely turning their back on PC's?
To be honest, I don't know and I don't blame them when they do

- especially after witnessing the mass soiling-of-shorts that ensued in the PC community

I'm not disagreeing with you in terms of being dissapponted man - I'm just thinking we should all take it down a notch and not treat this like it's life threatening... and try and look at the bright side. This is the only Modern Warfare 2 out there... let's just enjoy it for what it is

watered down? Again... I understand a few features have been removed and yea - I wasn't happy about it either. But you can't turn a blind eye to what's been enhanced or added.

That's the problem here. One-way street in terms of 'objectively' viewing this game.

For every one post out there commenting on the additions and new features of this game,
there's 50 posts poo-pooing the game to the point where it's taking over people's fkin lives.

It's a video game title that has gone rampant in the console market. Of course that's where the focus is going to be placed.
On the PC side, there's hacks, piracy, complaining, more piracy, more complaining...

Seriously - what's stopping them from just completely turning their back on PC's?
To be honest, I don't know and I don't blame them when they do

- especially after witnessing the mass soiling-of-shorts that ensued in the PC community

I'm not disagreeing with you in terms of being dissapponted man - I'm just thinking we should all take it down a notch and not treat this like it's life threatening... and try and look at the bright side. This is the only Modern Warfare 2 out there... let's just enjoy it for what it is

I'm sorry but I take this shit personally. I take it personally as someone who is an avid pc gaming computer enthusist. I buy my games and I support devs that treat us fairly. I don't hack, pirate or do any stupid shit in a game to make peoples lives miserable. That being said, I was looking foward all year to mw2 since I love and still play cod4/5. I and many others like myself were hugely disappointed when the told us about the p2p bs and the other omitted features. The reason I can't agree with anything you've said is because they purposefully went out of their way to fuck up this pc port. They blantantly took away all the things that matter to pc gamers most and anything they added in simply cannot account for or make up for those losses. It's really as simple as that.
{iracy has and will always be around on the PC and on the consoles it's a part of life. However the sales figures are tremendous and would have been great on the PC side as well had they not fucked us over. The piracy and hacking going on in the pc version is about 10000 times worse this go around because they pissed off the community. I'm not condoning it, but it is a fact.

If they turn their back on pc games in the future I say good. Since no true pc gamer wants any part of their bs 60.00 direct console port; and no true pc gamer wants to be milked for every little piece of shit dlc that the console gamers bend over for.. truth right there.

I'm sorry but I take this shit personally. I take it personally as someone who is an avid pc gaming computer enthusist. I buy my games and I support devs that treat us fairly. I don't hack, pirate or do any stupid shit in a game to make peoples lives miserable. That being said, I was looking foward all year to mw2 since I love and still play cod4/5. I and many others like myself were hugely disappointed when the told us about the p2p bs and the other omitted features. The reason I can't agree with anything you've said is because they purposefully went out of their way to fuck up this pc port. They blantantly took away all the things that matter to pc gamers most and anything they added in simply cannot account for or make up for those losses. It's really as simple as that.
{iracy has and will always be around on the PC and on the consoles it's a part of life. However the sales figures are tremendous and would have been great on the PC side as well had they not fucked us over. The piracy and hacking going on in the pc version is about 10000 times worse this go around because they pissed off the community. I'm not condoning it, but it is a fact.

If they turn their back on pc games in the future I say good. Since no true pc gamer wants any part of their bs 60.00 direct console port; and no true pc gamer wants to be milked for every little piece of shit dlc that the console gamers bend over for.. truth right there.
point taken. Good points at that.
It's actually refreshing to see someone comment without showing flashes of angry-german-pc-gamer-kid.

There is definitely a demographic of PC gamers that have legit criticism and relatively objective viewpoints. I just can't understand the whole "leave britney alone!" part of this community.

I think I watch too much youtube...

wow...

you are a lither on the extreme side.

Posting to a thread where everybody is bashing you for your lack of decency?

Face it: just because it WAS popular to bash MW2, doesn't mean that it's a bad game.

If it was a terrible game, we'd just laugh at IW for being idiots and move on. But it's a good game...it had the potential to be a great game. That's why this consolization BS stings so badly.

Granted...the single player campaign is too short and the storyline is atrocious...but still.

If it was a terrible game, we'd just laugh at IW for being idiots and move on. But it's a good game...it had the potential to be a great game. That's why this consolization BS stings so badly.

Granted...the single player campaign is too short and the storyline is atrocious...but still.

now THAT I can wholeheartedly agree with

hey guys can i get some backup here, i have some console morons thinking MW2 is worth more than $5 http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470320

I was as pissed as anyone about the PC version getting gutted, but the console version is a very solid fun game. If you are still mad about PC players getting shafted, you can cry about it in this thread.

No reason to crap up other people's threads who are enjoying the game. That is pretty childish.

Dont worry... since iw cannot do anything about dedi servers we all will be able to play for free.

I was as pissed as anyone about the PC version getting gutted, but the console version is a very solid fun game. If you are still mad about PC players getting shafted, you can cry about it in this thread.

No reason to crap up other people's threads who are enjoying the game. That is pretty childish.

The PC game is no worse than a console game just because it runs on a PC. In fact quite the contrary. If you enjoy the console version you should enjoy the PC version just as well. I'm enjoying it during the rare times I can actually find time to play it. I am enjoying it despite not having dedicated servers. Yeah waiting in the lobby for a match to start is annoying but otherwise it's a pretty solid game.

I think whether or not you like the game is irrelevant. I dont think any intelligent people are saying it wouldnt be "fun".

I think the more experienced PC gamers around are realizing that what they stripped and left out of the PC version just sets a bad precedent for the future of PC gaming. I hope other developers dont follow this P2P/Matchmaking garbage.

I think whether or not you like the game is irrelevant. I dont think any intelligent people are saying it wouldnt be "fun".

I think the more experienced PC gamers around are realizing that what they stripped and left out of the PC version just sets a bad precedent for the future of PC gaming. I hope other developers dont follow this P2P/Matchmaking garbage.

Sure, we do.

This is absolutely true. However, the game has launched, it's one of the top, if not the top selling video game of all time. (by dollars)

My point is, the die has been cast. You can't put Pandora back in the box. Carrying on and on ad nauseum about it now serves zero purpose.

Support the developers you feel "treat the PC gamer right." But don't sit here and bash those who purchased the game.

I've been PC gaming as my nearly exclusive platform since the Commodore 64 days. I'm the proud owner of a sexy rig (i7 @ 4 Ghz, SLIed GTX275s...) and wouldn't think of gaming on a console.

I'm a hardcore PC gamer through and through, and I bought MW2.

You guys don't like it? Tough shit.

Sure, we do.

This is absolutely true. However, the game has launched, it's one of the top, if not the top selling video game of all time. (by dollars)

My point is, the die has been cast. You can't put Pandora back in the box. Carrying on and on ad nauseum about it now serves zero purpose.

Support the developers you feel "treat the PC gamer right." But don't sit here and bash those who purchased the game.

I've been PC gaming as my nearly exclusive platform since the Commodore 64 days. I'm the proud owner of a sexy rig (i7 @ 4 Ghz, SLIed GTX275s...) and wouldn't think of gaming on a console.

I'm a hardcore PC gamer through and through, and I bought MW2.

You guys don't like it? Tough shit.

I have to agree totally with what you said, but I do game on a console also...just because to me, it seems like there are more releases on them vs the PC...and renting games is alot cheaper then buying them or well alternative that isn't legal.

Not to mention I hate dumping 1500 bucks every two years or so to have an up to date PC when $300 or so will last 3-5 years...

Back